• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The joys of Moto Guzzi…

This may come as a surprise , but the longest one day trip of my life (up until this past August) was 750 km on this motorcycle
attending a rally in Oregon . The bike is supremely comfortable ( hey I'm 71 years old , with an iffy back ) , the rear
suspension is my takeoff from an HD softail , and has more compliant travel too . The bars just fit my reach , as they should ,
after all I made them :) . It's so stable ( 3 meters in length , will do that) that I can actually enjoy the scenery , it's no canyon
racer , but it's done the Duffy Lake road quite a few times ! It just tips the scales a bit over 500 lbs , so almost light .
That sign was as close as I got to Alaska that trip , it was August and turned out to be one of the coldest for decades .
Peter

After working all day on Harley-Davidson motorcycles today, I am so looking forward to riding my California Vintage home tonight.

She is 10x better than any Harley-Davidson made, smoother, sounds better, definitely handles better, and the odds of seeing one coming the other way at me is ZERO.

I love being a Guzzisti!

Only regret is that I wish I was at the 100 year celebration right now. I was supposed to go last year and was all set but COVID-19 said “NO”.

This year, I couldn’t pull it off. Bummer galore.

Sigh…

Oh well, I’ll be there in my mind as I ride home.

Life is a beautiful ride! 😀

View attachment 26433
What a gorgeous bike ! California dreaming .......

I do really well with the leaned forward European sport touring riding position or adventure bikes with handlebars and foot pegs positioned to allow standing comfortably. The sitting upright with feet forward position common for cruisers does not work for me (when I started riding on the street at 16 or now at 63). I once rented an Electra Glide (probably in about 2005) when my brother came to visit so he could ride the RS. He could not understand why I had to stop and stretch every 40 miles. Contrast that with my longest day on the RS of 798 miles. If I don't drink too much coffee, I can burn a full tank of gas on the RS or the V85 without stopping.

Scott,
That California is beautiful. I could handle its seating position for reasonable distances. There is a saying that "you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a therapist's office" so I like your photos from the empty parking lot. I have the attached sign hanging in my office at work.

Peter,
You built a really nice yellow custom. I like it--I just could not ride it. I bet it really turns heads at motorcycle gatherings. Enjoy!

Therapists Office  Not

Another “Day Off” and I’m working again.

At least the ride over on my Stelvio NTX, was very delightful.

This is truly, the best handling, most comfortable, Moto Guzzi ever made. Hands down.
Wait, that's impossible because *my* guzzi is the most comfortable and best handling 🤔

Attachments

• 20220910_113612.jpg
    20220910_113612.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 22
I'm new to the guzzi family and have had my aprilia dorsoduro for a couple of years. I agree, these motorcycles are a special breed.
I never felt this coming from concours. looking forward to many more years of great riding/wrenching. the norge is a good fit for me. I want to get a older one too. maybe a lemans.

Last edited:
For longer distance riding do you prefer it to the Norge?

You know, I am uncertain yet.

I took the Norge to the Mutton Festival in KY and aside from my self-jettisoning center stand 😝 and a side turn signal plastic that also flew away, it was a very lovely ride. I drove in the dark and pouring rain on most of the way there and the fairing was very effective at reducing the drowning. It also afforded excellent stability at speed and in terrible conditions.

The Norge is certainly more constrained in the riding position but it is nevertheless very comfortable. The Stelvio has more freedom of movement.

With the 3 cases, she (Norge) holds more gear initially but the wide flat rear seat on the Stelvio lends itself more comfortably to an extra-large duffle strapped to the rear seat across the Aluminum cases.

I rode my Stelvio yesterday and am considering taking her on the same trip at the end of the month just as a comparison to the Norge.

I know that in the rain, the Stelvio affords very little weather protection at all but it is by far the fastest and most agile of my Moto Guzzi motorcycles and I am anxious to take her on a good trip.

Last edited:
My father was entirely HD and Moto Guzzi. There was a bit of ribbing about my Honda's and Yahama. He bought my first motorcycle when I was 15 and it was a honda, his stated reason was so that he wouldn't have to work on both his bikes and mine. Yes, it was a jest.

That said, he died a couple of years ago and I had a strong desire to get a Guzzi. Maby it is the connection, but I really enjoy the Guzzi. My BMW has been sitting in the driveway a lot since I got the Guzzi.

Oh, and he did have a full set of Whitworth tools, they were for the MG (Not Moto Guzzi, the other MG), it went away, but the tools stayed.

Last edited:
I'd say that an adventure bike is far more comfortable than any touring bike. I've had Sport touring bikes like the Aprilia Futura and BMWs and they are comfortable. However, I was never capable riding them for more than 4hrs at a time. Everything hurt, neck, shoulders, back.....
They were great for high speed above 100mph and very stable but.....that's where the joy ends.
I recently bought a V85TT. Faaaaaaaaar more comfy, more space for luggage, off road capable, lighter but just as stable on the road, far better sitting position. If you must travel at speeds above 100mph the V85TT is not a good choice. Personally, I'm done with sport touring and cruisers.
If it must be Moto Guzzi, large, heavy, and powerful, the NTX Stelio is the answer.
If it must be a middle weight, friendly for city streets and a bit off road then it is the V85TT.
I know......there's no motorcycle that can do everything. This is the reason why I have 6 bikes in the garage.

Back