• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Norton Returns!

Goodvibes

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I'm in love I thinks . . . .

Norton_Commando_961.jpg

At $16K and up, this could be a quite attractive relationship. It'll be available in the USA this spring by a surprisingly numerous dealer network.

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/bikes/#.UQqHPR0yZWI

Lovely, my mate had a deposit on one a couple of years ago but it never arrived, he got his money back, there are a few used ones for sale here in the UK but at a premium price, £18000, to avoid the waiting list.

Looks pretty sweet. Had to go to the Norton website to check out. Ohlins suspenders, 80HP, nice design details but alas I'm just not into parallel twins. And the price tag I believe is over 20K US dollars which automatically puts it out of reach even if I thought about it.

I love that bike, I hope it makes it here. I just never liked that front fender mount, when a I saw the early bikes I figured it was temporary but it's still on the bike. Still, I want one!

vivo

Matt Capri has had one sitting in his showroom for a couple of years. Not for sale obviously, but certainly a bit of eye candy. I don't know if its still there or not. It didn't have a cam in it. The Norton people would fly in, install the cam, then do some compliance testing with the feds. Then they'd yank the cam and leave. It's probably just as well they took the cam with them. Matt would've had that thing up at Bonneville in the blink of an eye.

I got some decent seat time on it when it was built in OR by Kenny Dreer. Fun gobs of power, well built, and handled like you thought it should. CW Mag did a few reviews, and (former Editor) David Edwards still has one. It's been interesting to see the journey. We shall see if it gains a footing here. It's kind of getting dated already, but old meets new is always tough.

Friend of mine here in the UK has one. He's a Norton addict and 'noted expert'.....and has been for decades. He says although it looks very much the same as the Kenny Dreer ones it has a different engine - I don't know exactly how different but I think the changes were to make it feasible to manufacture in volume rather than the handful KD made and to get it thru' the legal hoops to get it in the showrooms & on the road worldwide.

At much the same time as took delivery of it he had his old Commando rebuilt by Norvil with all their trick upgrades. He prefers the old bike and with all those upgrades he says it's performance pretty much matches the new one on the road - but I guess on a track the new one might well be better. He says the new one is not versatile enough for his riding (it's too focused as a cafe racer) and that the fuel tank range is way too small. His wife rides the new one more often than him - She loves it for short fast blasts! He is sufficiently influential and friendly with Norton that a while ago they promised him a larger capacity tank but I haven't heard if that has materialized or if it would be a one off or available as an option on all the new bikes.

As an aside, the Nortons he rides most are his two Rotary / Wankel engined ones: a fully faired one for touring in all weathers and for better weather a special bespoke 'naked' one he had built that cherry picked the best components and upgrades from all the Rotary models

To each their own, but I hope those bikes, especially the sport, do not come to the USA any time soon.
Because I do not have the money or space for another bike and I am pretty sure if/when it comes here we will buy one.

I am very much attracted to any Norton. I had an old one for a very brief time and it greatly impressed me.

Ive signed up for info on this new version and Ive called a couple of dealers to ask about when and if we will ever see the bikes. All I get from them is the Sergeant Schultz line, " We know nothing ! Nothing ! Nooo-thing !"

Bought a new Commando 750 Roadster in '71 on credit before I got my first paycheck out of college. Rode it for 15 years and loved every second, even though kick-starting it nearly ruined my right knee and I had to pound the exhaust header back on with a rock and screwdriver about every hundred miles.

Seeing this one starts the lust all over again.

1.jpg

But then, there's only room in my garage for one bike, and the Griso is a dangerously jealous Italian mistress.

Back