• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Times change, life moves on.

Bill Hagan wrote:
pete roper wrote:
It seems to me that the 'New' Guzzi is attracting a 'New' type of rider.

Sheesh, Pete. I make Oca look like a master mechanic. I feel somewhat responsible as I threw a bit of accelerant on the paint-chipped-sump thread ;) which probably set you off.

Bill

Surely it can't be about the paint chipping:huh: .

You know, sometimes i see threads on here that make me shake my head in dismay at some of the questions people ask, but then i think, i wish this facility was around 23 years ago when i bought my first Guzzi. It would have saved me a lot of stress and down time.

A great wealth of knowledge will be lost if Pete goes, but heh, as some street smart prick said in a certain thread yesterday, shit happens, and we will have to get over it.

D.D, I could be wrong, but i surmise that the straw that broke the Aussie's back were all the Chicken Little's and the 4V cam problem.

One could sense the frustration in Pete after all the sleuthing he did.

Oca wrote:
D.D, I could be wrong, but i surmise that the straw that broke the Aussie's back were all the Chicken Little's and the 4V cam problem.

One could sense the frustration in Pete after all the sleuthing he did.

I am sure he was frustrated with some of the questions being asked and some of the would be experts who were giving what they thought was accurate assumptions. And of course there were upset owners who thought they were being ripped of by MG. It is hard to placate people in this situation and unfortunately Pete got sucked into it, and being the upfront guy he is he would have felt he was banging his head against the brick wall :S

double.d wrote:
and being the upfront guy he is he would have felt he was banging his head against the brick wall :S

He probably was with some of them. There are those who want to know and listen, and there are those who have an opinion which no-one will change, no matter how rediculous.

Pete doesn't suffer those who he considers fools.

pete roper wrote:

Hmm, how can I verify if I'm worthy of owning a Guzzi?
I've thought of getting a one for a while and now more seriously than ever before but I'd hate to ruin the brand for the righteous Guzzisti. :blush:

Then again I tend to get highly irritated and fed up with various motorcycle forums and mailing lists more or less regularly and often consider unsubscribing them. Is this a good sign as it would seem to imply I might have something in common with Pete? :)

Too bad if he's serious, from the little I have had chance to read so far here, he seems to know his stuff.

some_finn wrote:
pete roper wrote:

Hmm, how can I verify if I'm worthy of owning a Guzzi?
I've thought of getting a one for a while and now more seriously than ever before but I'd hate to ruin the brand for the righteous Guzzisti.

OK....I was staying out of this one, but now I'm pissed.....

I'm not going to stand still and be called a "Rite-y-us Guz"....what ever the hell that was.....!!!!

And Mr. Finn....if I ever see you at a Guzzi gathering, I'm gonna shove a beer right into your hand and stand right there till you finnish (no pun intended) it....and then see if you can still call me whatever that was!!!!!!

There are no "new Guzzi" types, and there are no "righteous Guzzisti" either....we leave that to other brands. But there are a huge number of average folks here, and we cover a huge spectrum of knowledge, skills and abilities.

We have an international forum here, with all ages, races, nationalities, cultures, etc, etc, etc,.....it's a wonder we can even communicate effectively. It is perfectly normal for one of us to disagree with another, or for one of us to appear argumentative, or even belligerent. This forum is mild compared to the old Guzzi forum, that many of us left, that had folks not only arguing, but making threats off-line in e-mails and PMs.

So, like real motorcyclists, we put our helmets back on and motor on down the road.....ready to rehash the discussion at the next food and drink stop.

I'm still very new to this board, but so far my experience here has been a good one! Everyone here seems to be helpful, and respectful of others opinions. But I'm sure I haven't seen every thread written. I also had a good experience on a corvette board.

One board that I didn't enjoy much, was a Kawasaki Ninja board. Although I did learn some valuable information on the Ninja board, the predominate attitude of that board just me stressed out and pissed off. It was like you were in grade school, and were fearful of being made fun of.

I hope to be a member of this board for many years to come, as I plan on keeping my Guzzi forever. And as I move forward with my Guzzi project bike, I'm sure I will learn many new things, which hopefully I can share with others here.

Well I'm one of the "new" Guzzisti on the board, with an "old fashioned" view on the Guzzi world.
Ok I'm also not a "do it yourself" type of guy when it comes to the maintenance of my Guzzi, simply because I've got 2 left hands. In my younger years I messed up too much things on my pushbikes and mopeds and learned not to touch the technical stuff and save me a lot of money. :laugh:

However I'm allways impressed by the guys who have such a great technical knowledge and golden hands to fix things. I also liked the passion for Guzzi and the humor Pete used to explain things. I'll gonna miss that for sure. :(

But everybody has his/her right to call it a day, without explaining into details why. Believe it or not, there is a life beside Guzzi.

So long Pete have great life and ride on your mean green machine.
Hope to see you back on the board someday.
Dolf.

Pete

If you get to read all your "fan" posts here I hope you'll reconsider your resignation to go and do whatever. Whatever, I wish you well and a happy life. In addition to being super-sensible, your posts have the same humourous streak as that wonderful Mr Smith in twowheels mag. Must be an Aussie trait, and one I really like.

Your fan
Graham

Heh.

Mike.C and all other Ozzies suitably stationed on the map: you're herewith officially commissioned to go over to where the lime green Grizz lives, and drag its master's bum back in front of his computer and have him open and read his fan mail! ;)

Or someone might get tempted enough to post his personal email addy here? :whistle:

Some people are drama queens, you dont have to un suscribe, you just dont log on.
Yes he had some good knowledge, but Guru....God....
I'm a biker, not a Guzzi-ist, I own a Guzzi, and a Honda, and a Kawasaki, and a Gilera, and a Cossack

Good luck Pete, no doubt you'll be logging on again.

I'm relieved ! I hadn't seen anything by Pete on here lately, and I was afraid he might have kicked off :(

Being the computer genius I am, I finally found this thread explaining his absence. I will gladly send him a free bottle of Senekot if I can get a mailing address. :laugh: These things happen from time to time after the half century mark is passed.

Pete, 20 years ago i was a "new" guzzi rider who didn't know one end of a feeler guage from another, but with advice from the old boys i learnt.
And after happily rebuilding my 1000S i'm now coping with the electrickery of my Breva without crapping myself!

Thanks for your advice and help, have a good time whatever you do.
Rob

I don't know if I'm a new type of Guzzi owner or not. Guzzis have always appealed to me, so I guess I'm a partly Guzzisti at least, but while the twins still had carbs my right hand wasn't strong enough to operate the throttle!

Pete has given the Guzzi world a lot of helpful advice and good humour. We owe him a lot and if he's spat the dummy recently we should just smile, continue to love him, hope he returns soon, and if/when he does then rejoice.

Pete, a lot of us miss you, and those who don't are not in the know. :(

Graham

Back