• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

tire sizes

Just letting heavily made up hot chicks complete with handy Mars bars go their merry way for a moment, I would like to comment on the propensity for the beloved V7 to shake its head like a nervous filly. I have not experienced a full blown tank slapper however I have on a number of occasions, usually during cornering while traversing uneven or bumpy surfaces at speed, felt the bike twitch around in an unsettling manner. This holds true for both the 100 and 110 up front. I would be interested to hear if this has been experienced by others or whether this is a peculiarity reserved particularly for the machine I ride! The other motorcycle I spend time on is a Honda's answer to the Ducati 996, the VTR 1000. By comparison this motorcycle feels far more secure in corners showing no tendency to jitter or wobble.

I got rid of that twitch with new rear shocks, Hagon...and then 7.5 weight oil up front along with some pre loads set a tiny bit higher then stock setting.

Now remember these adjustments are based on my weight 175 lbs and my riding style, If you got a hot chic on the back with heavy eye makeup and a bag full of Mars bars things could change.

I would like to comment on the propensity for the beloved V7 to shake its head like a nervous filly.
It's in the geometry and the overly soft suspension makes things worse. I start by pulling the forks up 20mm in the triple trees, and 10mm up on the rear, this is after the suspension is correctly built with springs and valving. See the suspension thread in this section, or reach me direct email.

I've got a 120/80 shinko 705 on the front of my '13 V7 Special. It fits fine without modifying the fender. My rear is a 130/90.

I've got a 120/80 shinko 705 on the front of my '13 V7 Special. It fits fine without modifying the fender. My rear is a 130/90.
Totally stockers on my '16 Stone, no sign of any suspension or steering instability at any speed, on any kind of road. I do keep my tire pressures spec. Maybe MG's engineers know more than we give them credit for.
I got rid of that twitch with new rear shocks, Hagon...and then 7.5 weight oil up front along with some pre loads set a tiny bit higher then stock setting.

Now remember these adjustments are based on my weight 175 lbs and my riding style, If you got a hot chic on the back with heavy eye makeup and a bag full of Mars bars things could change.
Totally stockers on my '16 Stone, no sign of any suspension or steering instability at any speed, on any kind of road. I do keep my tire pressures spec. Maybe MG's engineers know more than we give them credit for.

YUP, lot of handling woes can be contributed to improper tire pressures. Keep them tires to the stock pressure specs and that's going to take care of most of it.

With regard to handling woes, I run tyre pressures of 35-36psi front and rear. I have also upgraded suspension components. Ikon shocks on the rear and replaced springs and fluids in the forks. I have to confess that I am not exactly sure what rating springs and fluids were put into the front end. The work was done by my Dealer. They live and breathe Guzzi's and I have full confidence in their expertise. Whatever they did has made some improvement but the issue of twitchiness is far from eliminated. It may be that a hot chick on the back could prove to be the magic missing ingredient but given there is not a line of them waiting at the door to climb aboard whenever the whim takes me to blast off into the wild blue yonder I will keep casting about for a more pragmatic solution.
Elkgrichard, I weigh in at 170-175 lb also and would describe my riding style as spirited without any claim to being a hot shot rider.
Todd thank you for your input with regard to geometry refinements. I will message you direct.

Das

The only thing I've noticed is if you push the bike hard through a turn with bumps it will move around a bit more then other bikes I've own. But not to the point that make me feel out of control. I've just figured that is caused more by frame geometry then anything else. Only concern I had was the head shake a couple times, but since I put the 110 up front and the Hagon shocks out back I've not experience that again. I've had other bikes my Triumph for example if you are even a few pounds down on that back tire the bike will scare the living crap out of you. I've not found the perfect bike yet. If anyone knows the perfect bike let me know.

Back