• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TODAY AT PRO ITALIAN BIKE SHOE

Man, I've been looking for a good way to get so many Guzzi people outside... I guess the answer was to have a Ducati dealer throw an Italian bike show. Great seeing everyone. A few new friends that surfaced, and as many in the parking lot as in the show. Fun seeing everyone.

Enjoy:

Sad to report that only Ducatis took home awards. There were many amazing machines there outside of Ducs, as hinted in the photos above. I guess it should come as no surprise though with a Ducati dealership hosting the event. :dry:

Next year I'll be spending my day riding instead.

Next year I'll be spending my day riding instead.
Yep...ride instead! the bikes there were really nice and to be fair the bikes that won were perfect as in never ridden or rarely ridden...but other brand bikes that were impressive... Todd's Jackal with way more than 100k on the clock and a bunch of trick stuff, a bunch of vintage bikes that were super nice originals (LMI + V7 sport and Andrews race lemans Guzzi and moto Morini, mv agusta's and others)...it was great meeting up with all of you! besides Guzzi's look better in motion than on it's sidestand with a info placard attached. what were we thinking! :)

It's always the same - I've never seen any bike other than a Ducati win the awards, and this year was no exception. The only non-Ducati award I noticed out of the 13 given went to a Bimota DB-7 and that has a Ducati motor! I don't think I'll be entering again. It was a good day, though, and there were many wonderful bikes both in and out of the competition. That LM1 that was parked next to me was just purchased that morning and was gorgeous. Maybe they'll someday have a class for "other" bikes, as the LM1 should've won something IMHO.

Mike, great meeting you there. There are times to be humble, and this isn't one of them... your V7 Sport was a show winner, and the LM was *very* nice too.
I was disappointed in their lack of care about which bikes went where. My fully customized California is no more a "Sport Classic" then a Duc Monster is a "Hooligan" bike. I didn't expect to win anything of course, but having the space and care for those donating most of their day is important, IMO. I won't be going back.

Thanks for the kind words Todd. Great meeting you too. Initially they had my V7 Sport placed in the sport classic category as well, but when I went to get my registration done I had them change it to vintage. They used to sell Guzzis at PI (I bought a 2002 LeMans there), so you'd think they would know better.

Just so you know, FBC, my V7 Sport was bought in Alberta new, and I used to ride with the original owner when I lived there. Knowing how I always used to admire the bike, he phoned me a couple of years ago to tell me that he's too old to ride anymore, and that he was giving me first crack at it. Naturally, I jumped on it. So there were a few good times up there in the tundra.

FrostBittenCanadian wrote:
Yup ,now I'm sure you guys are having all the fun in California!!!!
FBC

Re: Pro Italia Bike Show

Mike, yes, well aware PI was a Guzzi dealer years ago. My first visit there was in '00, and I think they made it well into the Aprilia/Guzzi years of '03, perhaps a little later. It went downhill for Guzzi when Paul Montgomery left (now Guzzino.com - parts for vintage bikes).

Look forward to seeing you again soon. Perhaps our first Sunday of the month meet at the Rock Store.

Back