• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Took the California EV to the track (25 pictures)

Frederik

Just got it firing!
I followed a tracktraining yesterday. I decided that would be a nice birthday present since yesterday was my birtday and I always wanted to go and ride a bike on the track. Earlier this year I "upgraded" the suspension to YSS(rear) and HyperPro (front) (thanx Todd). I wondered what it would do to the handling. I also put in a normal EV engine with special cam, for some more torque.

The training was 20min instruction, foloowed by 20min riding, 20min rest, 5 riding sessions in total.

Made for a nice (chronologically ordered) photoshoot:

TT_0043.jpg

TT_0080.jpg

TT_0117.jpg

TT_0482.jpg

TT_0500.jpg

TT_0520.jpg

TT_0537.jpg

TT_0538.jpg

TT_0564.jpg

TT_0565.jpg

TT_0583.jpg

TT_0604.jpg

TT_1229.jpg

TT_1698.jpg

TT_1699.jpg

TT_1721.jpg

TT_1743.jpg

TT_1775.jpg

TT_1794.jpg

TT_1816.jpg

TT_1817.jpg

TT_1834.jpg

TT_1840.jpg

TT_1851.jpg

TT_1869.jpg

TT_1870.jpg

Muley wrote:
Happy Birthday B) And thanks for the pictures. I do believe you leaned that EV about to the limit:)
Indeed, nice gift and Happy B-Day Frederik! My pleasure/thanks on the suspension.
As for lean... I can still see daylight under the muffers... so not quite to max. ;)

RacerX wrote:
Muley wrote:
Happy Birthday B) And thanks for the pictures. I do believe you leaned that EV about to the limit:)
Indeed, nice gift and Happy B-Day Frederik! My pleasure/thanks on the suspension.
As for lean... I can still see daylight under the muffers... so not quite to max. ;)

I'll shoot a few pics of the centerstand and right floorboard tonight :lol:

Hey Frederik,

Great photos!!

I bet some of those sport bike riders were not believing what they saw.

That's why they don't include Guzzi's in the magazine "Comparison" articles....the last time they did, the Guzzi "cruiser" came out on top. But when you consider that the "touring" bikes have a sport bike chassis under them, it s kind of like the wolf in a sheep's skin.

Hoi Frederik, en alsnog gefeliciteerd!

So, what did the suspension "hacks" do to your EV's handling? And indeed, how did you feel compared to those other bikes, shall we say sportier looking? ;)

Out of curiosity: how tall are you? It sure looks there's a lot of leg to tuck in under normal riding conditions (as in my case)...!

Re: the chassis: I heard some remarks about the Tonti frame in the B750 that weren't so positive (concerning its rigidity mostly). I take it then it's not the same frame as in the Californias?

RJVB wrote:
Hoi Frederik, en alsnog gefeliciteerd!

So, what did the suspension "hacks" do to your EV's handling? And indeed, how did you feel compared to those other bikes, shall we say sportier looking? ;)

Out of curiosity: how tall are you? It sure looks there's a lot of leg to tuck in under normal riding conditions (as in my case)...!

Re: the chassis: I heard some remarks about the Tonti frame in the B750 that weren't so positive (concerning its rigidity mostly). I take it then it's not the same frame as in the Californias?

Dank je wel!

The suspension plants the wheel somewaht firmer on the ground..and keeps 'em there!
As for the other bikes, all the usual suspect were there, Ducati, Honda, sus, kwakkie, yammi and the rest of them. Even a Buell!
Only few were riding in my class (second fastest).

I'm 6'4" or about 1,92m (makes for easy knee-downs ;) )

B750 doesn't have a Tonti frame as far as I know. I think it's a spine-like frame so you really can't compare them. Must say I've ridden a B750 for a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind taking one to the track!

easy knee-downs indeed — but where do you tuck them when just going straight? ;)

Back