• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Top Box - 2012 Stelvio

sharkyron

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
First off want to say hello all, I am a new owner of a 2012 Matte Black Stelvio NTX on Saturday 9/22. I will be taking delivery of the bike hopefully tomorrow.

I test rode a 2012 Triumph Explorer 1200 and the Stelvio. Both bikes had their strengths, but in the end the Stelvio earned the right to make it my new bike.

What I am looking for is a Top Box now to complete the luggage set. I am looking for some input as to which top box works best. Want to stick with the aluminum ones since the paniers are aluminum

I started looking at these:

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts.com ... uggagehard

And

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts.com ... uggagehard

I can't seem to find the mounting bracket for the top one on the site, but I am sure if I called them, they would tell me which one would fit.

I tried searching for this stuff, but didn't come up with the results I would expect within the forum. If this has already been discussed let me know.

Thanks in Advance. Looking forward to actually riding mine.

I put the H-B 45L Explorer top case on mine. Yes, you will need the mounting plate, (Aulrack), that Hepco Becker sells. The top case matches well color wise with the stock panniers. What I really appreciate about the H-B is the fact that I can close and latch the box without needing a key. I know everyone packs differently. I put the stuff I need to get to in the top box. I prefer to only lock it up when I'm leaving the bike for some period of time.

Here is a link to the rack that you will need. It is a very nice rack with tie downs for when you desire to use it as a platform rather than a case mount: http://www.amotostuff.com/hepco_becker_ ... 01-01.html

Copyof2011-06-14_20-03-22_184.jpg

Copyof2011-06-14_20-03-10_509.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Congrats on the Stelvio, and welcome to the Famiglia & Forum.

As you'll find, Guzzi is a *very* minuscule brand, and is largely over-looked, even for accessories. Myself, and folks here continue to try and find ways to make things work and offer solutions here. John above has sorted the top box issue for you for what you want to use it looks like. I run a Givi on mine.

Post again often, and be sure to post a pic of your new ride (along with yourself in the frame) in the Pic thread once it arrives.

I've got the Trax box. Decent construction. Fairly priced. You can purchase lock sets to make all of the luggage use the same key. Matches the factory panniers perfectly (same manf.). The only gripe I had was the mounting rack is at an angle that doesn't match the panniers and in my mind it just looks canted too far forward. Anyway, I machined up some adapter blocks that worked well. I've made the design available and at one point was going to help some others by getting some made up, but then the riding season hit full force and just didn't get there (my apologies to those that needed them). Links below to help.

Oh, yea, your going to love the bike. It's a blast to ride and this is a great forum - welcome aboard!

Ride safe,
Jeff

You'll need to purchase the universal mounting plate: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... w/100/689/

Here is the conversation that includes pics and thread information.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/83 ... 454#p63454

TraX boxes from twisted throttle - there was a early post on making your own bracket that p the top case level with the side boxes. ou can also amke your own out of the universal one twiste throttle offers. Just as easy to go to a metal fab shop.

Caribou 34lt - plastic but seams pretty good so far and was $320. - get the universal mount and drill to match the tail struts

SW2012-041-S.jpg

Well I took delivery of my bike on 9/27 she still needs to be ridden more, only 150 miles since I got her. I will take a pic soon so I can add it to the Stelvio Registry.

Also I did go with the Hepco-Becker 45L top trunk in black. I ordered that Friday night from http://www.amotostuff.com with a back rest and the mounting bracket. Free shipping on orders over $199 makes it nice. Also that place is located in Carson City, NV, which is pretty close to Sacramento, CA, so it was delivered yesterday. They did a great job on packaging everything into one box and everything came out perfect.

I worked on Tuesday and thought I would just get it all fitted on the up coming weekend. Well after a few hours and like a kid on Christmas day I couldn't wait. :evil:

The mounting bracket went on real easy. I had everything done and mounted in about 30 minutes. Once again I will post a pic so everyone can see it.

Congrats again Ron!

If you need any help posting pics, send them to me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Back