• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TPS set up

michaell32

Just got it firing!
I picked up this bike about two months ago while I was fixing and riding a Road Star. Before this I always rode Japanese sport bikes. The guy told me he rotated the TPS and it changed the way it rode. He also was adjusting the power commander with the +/- buttons. I adjusted the TPS and synced the throttle bodies based on the janguzzi video on YouTube. If it is incorrect please let me know so I can correct it immediately. I couldn't get Guzzidiag to connect with lonelec cables so it may be off. It is interesting to see this forums take on the software but I open to better options if there are any. I also took out the power commander because I had doubts in the map. Interestingly the part number for it comes up as a Ducati 750 but that bike also has a 15m ecu so I guess it will work if I put it back in. It has been running decent but I can feel a few spots where the engine is not running smooth which is mainly 3500rpm on the highway when I roll into it. Based on the parts manual it appears to be a leftover 2002 because of the fuel pump but the VIN says 2003. I did notice it has Lafranconi mufflers and possibly an aftermarket h-pipe since the one in the parts manual looks different. I replaced the filter with a K&N this weekend. Fuel was leaking out of the level sensor so I put an oring in it and tightened it down and it hasn't leaked since. The recall was done for the lifter so that cool as well. After riding this for a couple of weeks I like it more than the Road Star.

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_204756.jpg
    IMG_20230710_204756.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230529_163644.jpg
    IMG_20230529_163644.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230529_163636.jpg
    IMG_20230529_163636.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 5
TPS has to be set with a high quality digital multimeter. As I recall 510-540 using the two outside wires on the connector. If it hasn't had one it's long overdue for a new TPS too, and that could be the issue. You should be able to order one from the store above. If not shown send a email to the store.

If you are running open exhaust & K&N air cleaner I would set the base on TPS to 165mv, air bleed screws at 2/3 turn out for both, then sync w/stop screws at idle speed you want. I don't look at TPS reading for that setting, every bike is different pipes & air.

I would also not talk about software here.

Back