• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Trax Top case Mount?

rmance

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I want to purchase a top case for the Stelvio. Looking at this photo, is this a mount for the Trax or do I need to purchase something else?

Thanks ... Robert

Attachments

• ZG4G4948.jpg
    ZG4G4948.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 788
I have the Trax top case on my Stelvio that I purchased from Twisted Throttle. There is an additional top plate that you need to buy.

Thank you Bob!

I saw those photos at TwistedThrottle but I'm not clear on something. Do I remove the bracket on my Stelvio or is this something that attaches to it? I guess I could stop being a pita and call TwistedThrottle but I'd rather sound like an idiot in front of my friends :oops:

If it's like the Coocase I fitted to my NTX you simply remove the two ally bungee points underneath and then unscrew the plastic cover. This will leave two steel spars to bolt the case mounting plate on to. Then simply pop the case onto the plate and you're sorted.

Bisonheed said:
If it's like the Coocase I fitted to my NTX you simply remove the two ally bungee points underneath and then unscrew the plastic cover. This will leave two steel spars to bolt the case mounting plate on to. Then simply pop the case onto the plate and you're sorted.

That"s exactly it.

Someone on here (do a search) put up dimensions for some spacers to level to top box. I'd love to have some but don't know where to have them made.

I would love to have the spacers myself. As it is, the box is now useless if you want to take a passenger along.
Can anyone post the link to the spacer? I can't locate it.

Hey Guys - I visit the site fairly regularly but just enjoy the banter so I don't usually have much to say, but anyway, I made that design and used them for my top box. You will need the Trax generic mounting plate (I'd have to look up the PN), and the big difference is that the adapter blocks level out the top box to be parallel with the panniers. I'm not sure if that post is still around or not, but if anyone is interested in making a set of those adapter blocks I'll post up the design again (did an auxilary spot light mount as well). It's pretty straight foward machine work. If you don't have the facilities to make them your self, let me know and we'll come up with a plan to hook you up. Oh, I'm taking a couple day ride leaving tomorrow, so it maybe early next week until I'll be back to check this thread.

Since I'm already in posting mode - I'm just finishing up a sump and center stand bash plate that is alot more robust and in my opinion more "trick" than anything I've seen on the market. If there is interest out there let me know and I'll show you the final design and I could get that posted as well.

Let me know.

Ride safe,
Jeff

I would love to see the design for the top case mount adapter blocks! I wrote a local shop asking for the price and availability on the TraX top case/mounting bracket and so far have not heard back from them. I would also be interested in the light mount bracket and the sump bash plate! Are you making & selling these things?

Have an awesome ride. A couple days huh ... totally jealous!

Robert

Thanks Jeff, I had downloaded your leveling design when you first posted it, but my computer was stolen and I no longer have the drawing. Upon your return it would be great if you could post it again.
Enjoy your ride and be safe!
Bob

Hi All,

I've attached a ".pdf" file that includes a drawing and virtual model of the spacer. It's really straight forward machine work. I used 6061 T6 aluminum. You will need to remove the factory plastic cover and mount the spacers directly to the structural rack mounting bars. I also have a couple of photos that show it on the bike.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

Attachments

• Stelvio Trax Mounting Block - Left Hand.pdf
    73.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    956.4 KB · Views: 546
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    847.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    888.9 KB · Views: 547
Jeff, that is awesome! Thank you so much. Now I'm gonna have to find a machine shop around here that will do it for me. It makes a big difference ... your setup looks great!

How was the long ride? Everything went okay I hope.

Robert

I have an NTX on order, the U.S. bikes should be arriving 2nd week of May.
I looked at the Trax top case but ended up buying a small Givi topbox with backrest pad just so the wife would have something for two-up riding. Other than that the topbox will stay at home.

My question is mostly about how stiff that support apparatus feels to those of you who have mounted a top box or case. The weight limit is not much (12.5lbs?) which is typical for topboxes... but does it feel pretty stout and secure?
Enough that a pillion can use the backrest without feeling like they're going to snap off a little bracket?

Another option for those interested is the H-B Explorer top case. Color wise, it matches the Trax panniers. I had originally gone with the H-B mount so I could use the top case off the EV. Later, I bought the 45L Explorer.

What I do like about the H-B is that I can latch it shut and can either lock it or not. Not a big deal, but I don't figure I need everything locked up all the time. I got the Aulrack and case from Adventure Moto Stuff. The Aulrack is a nice design with tie down points. It works well as a rack by itself, and as a mount for a case.

As for the angle thing, I too would like to level out the case. I am hoping the wedges will work with the H-B mount.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

edit: Thanks for posting the plans for the angle pieces. I'm hoping to investigate using them for the H-B mount. Perhaps getting them made and checking hole placement prior to drilling.

John,
Just have whoever makes the leveling spacers leave the tapped holes out. After you mount the spacers (that's using the counter-bored holes) align the new mounting base to your liking, spot the holes for position and drill and tap the spacers accordingly.

All,
If any of you are unable to find someone to make spacers just post a response and we'll come up with a way to fix you up. I'm an engineer and have a small machine shop that I horse around designing and making my own stuff (mostly in the winter when the riding isn't as good), but don't really have the time to make any of it for selling and that just isn't my goal - I just enjoy riding & motorcycles. Anyway, with that said, if I can help somebody out, I'll do what I can. I also have a lot of professional contacts that make a living from machining and fabrication so I suppose I could have it quoted and see what the cost is after I know how many are interested.

Todd,
Not sure if you're seeing this or not, but would this be something you could add to your product offerings?

Ride safe,
Jeff

blakebird said:
I have an NTX on order, the U.S. bikes should be arriving 2nd week of May.
I looked at the Trax top case but ended up buying a small Givi topbox with backrest pad just so the wife would have something for two-up riding. Other than that the topbox will stay at home.

My question is mostly about how stiff that support apparatus feels to those of you who have mounted a top box or case. The weight limit is not much (12.5lbs?) which is typical for topboxes... but does it feel pretty stout and secure?
Enough that a pillion can use the backrest without feeling like they're going to snap off a little bracket?

Yes, they are pretty stout. I will not tell you what you shoud put in your boxes for weight. What I can tell you is that many, including myself, carry much more than anybody from the manufacturer suggests on a regular basis. That has been the case on all my bikes, not just the Stelvio.

T-9, that is exactly what I was planning. I have dropped off the plans for the wedges already.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Back