• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Trips & Pics

Andrew2 , apologies are due and I'm sorry if you took offence.
Happy to post some pic's of my travels, after 258,000ks on the sport I've got heaps. ( who said I dont actually ride my bike :) )
Saying that I haven't been on the bike for close on 2 months now ( bloody doctors orders). Starting to feel like a junkie in need of a hit.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be given the all clear. If so will be travelling thru the Gong in a fortnight, my shout for a beer if your interested.
Not sure were Motobazzi resides but will be down in NE Victoria late in Oct, and the same offer applies. Here's a couple of pics in Aus, and from Europe & NZ when we shipped the bike over there

P1020412 P1030725 P1020082 P1030727

Last edited:
No problems Tony. It's too easy to get our wired crossed on the net.
If I had some photos of travelling on the Guzzi I would put them up but unfortunately I don't. I mainly look for the dirt option when I travel and bought my California for some relaxing day rides.
They are some great photos you have there mate. Where's that last one,it looks familiar.

Mate, I'm more than happy to catch up for a beer if you're up this way. I might even be heading down your neck of the woods sometime soon.

Have you had to do anything to the motor in those 258,000 kms.

I'll be honest and say that I should have bought a sports tourer instead of my Cali. I was looking for a LeMans 3 but they're out of my price range now.
I've been looked into converting it to a toure like a T5 etc but trying to find tanks, seats and Foot pegs etc in Australia is near impossible.

Hi Tony, great pics good onya for posting. Are you going to the Guzzi Rally in Vic end of Oct?
Hi MotoBazzi

Regrettably wont be at the Spag this year, even though I'll only be a stones throw away. i.e Bright on the Friday night, Jingellic on the Saturday. Meeting some mates from outwest and they want to do a bit of tour of the region. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rally if you go.
Tony

Hi MotoBazzi

Regrettably wont be at the Spag this year, even though I'll only be a stones throw away. i.e Bright on the Friday night, Jingellic on the Saturday. Meeting some mates from outwest and they want to do a bit of tour of the region. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rally if you go.
Tony
What date at Jingellic?, we sometimes cruise along the dirt road on the Nothern arm of the Hume weir and that pops out at the general store at Jingellic.
Depending on the sitch at the time we may be able to meet you.
Baz

Have you had to do anything to the motor in those 258,000 kms.

I'll be honest and say that I should have bought a sports tourer instead of my Cali. I was looking for a LeMans 3 but they're out of my price range now.
I've been looked into converting it to a toure like a T5 etc but trying to find tanks, seats and Foot pegs etc in Australia is near impossible.
Hi Andrew
Thanks for your reply's

Yes you might know the last pic in what I posted above. It was taken in Robe when I was heading to Adelaide the other year.
In terms of what I have done to the engine on the Sport, after coming back from Mandello in 2016, the thing was getting a bit tired so at 169,000Km's I got a few things done. The article Pete posted on the web sums it up:

« on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:29 AM »

"If you are the sort of person who thinks a motorbike is buggered at 50,000 miles think
again. This thing is bog stock apart from a map. It's the one that I found out about the lack
of grease in the shock linkages and swingarm bearings with at about 50,000km. Well the
new ones we put in then with a ton of grease went straight back in. Steering head bearings
needed greasing, that's all.
It needed a clutch and the friction faces grinding. The gearbox needed nothing. The CARC
needed nothing. The engine required more than anything new rings, they were buggered.
The heads? They needed K-lines in the exhaust guides only, (Really!) and if it wasn't for
the fact that it'll do another 200,000 before it comes back again the valves would have gone
around again!
A new camchain just because. Rocker spindles and bushes were fine. Tappets were fine.
Cam was fine! Bugger me? What does it take to kill one of these things!
Some seals were a bit weepy and were replaced as a matter of course but really it was in
remarkably good shape. It's not a bike that is 'Babied' by any stretch of the imagination. It
does high miles loaded to the gunwales with two people and travelling gear.
What a star!
- Pete"

Attached you will find a couple of reviews I wrote about the bike which where included in the Moto Guzzi Club of Victoria's magazine.
You might find the Mag interesting.

90,000ks have been done since the motor was "freshened up" , I realise it wont last forever so next week (11th Sept)we're away again and am hoping to check out/sit on a new V100, see how much room it has two up and to ask heaps of questions about upgrading the suspension. ( Saying that I do have my doubts about it as the v100's dont have a great payload, but who knows).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Attachments

• G&S291.pdf
    15.3 MB · Views: 8
What date at Jingellic?, we sometimes cruise along the dirt road on the Nothern arm of the Hume weir and that pops out at the general store at Jingellic.
Depending on the sitch at the time we may be able to meet you.
Baz
Baz

On the Sat (28th Oct) after zig zagging around the country a bit ,we plan on having lunch at the Stanley Pub ,I suggest we'll be there around 1.00pm, then on to Jingellic via the weir for the Saturday Night. Plan on getting to Jingellic around "4-ish" before the deers and roos come out ( Actually I think the deers don't seem to give a stuff about the time, hit one at the back of Tumbarumba once around 11am (luckily we didnt come off, but the deer never got to see another day), and then last time we came thru there almost got another at Mt Alfred.

Tony

Tony, we float between Cooma NSW and Albury on the Vic border, if you're near either of those towns give me a shout.

Back