• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Twin-plug sockets - SOLD OUT

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I have 12 turned down sockets to fit the recessed wells for the inner plugs on the newer Guzzis - SOLD OUT.

Attachments

• PlugSocket.jpg
    PlugSocket.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 800
Re: Twin-plug sockets

RJVB said:
What are those for? :unsure:
The inner spark plug on any of the newer twin-plug Guzzis.

Yeah, that's what the OP said, but what with them? To extract them?

And what were they turned down for? Potential buyers might want to know ;)

:?
René, I thought this had been well covered here, many times.
The access to the inner plug is very tight and the socket has to be turned down to about 20mm dia. in order to go into the recess in the head.

Todd,

Still got one of these left?

I'll definitely take one.

-Jack

Jack, still have them all, so you got it.

Todd,

Just ordered one of these from you via the donate link. Thanks!

Brian

RJVB said:
Erm ... a vocabulary issue...
René, if this forum were in any language but English (OK, the spelling might be a bit strange occasionally :lol: ), I would have more than the odd vocabulary issue.

Heh.

For me, a socket is in 1st place a place meant to receive something (cf. eye socket), or else some low-level communication mechanism in the context of programming... So looking at the pic above, with its minimal description, I wondered if this was something to help installing a different kind of plug, or else remove the inner plugs all together :ugeek:

Anyway, these are supposed to be used with about any wrench (with extension)?

RJVB said:
For me, a socket is in 1st place a place meant to receive something (cf. eye socket)

It "receives" the outside end of the plug.

The meaning of "turned down" is that the outside diameter is reduced by turning the socket in a lathe, and taking material off the outside. Often called a "thin wall" socket.

RJVB said:
Anyway, these are supposed to be used with about any wrench (with extension)?

The drive size isn't specified, but Probably standard like 3/8 inch.

Thanks all, but I think that I have no further questions — except for the unanswered one about the drive size. ;)

The one I have (actually bought in France) has a 3/8 (9mm) square drive. I ground the outside down on a bench grinder until it was small enough to reach the plug. Not as neat as the one above though.

Bisbonian said:
I'll take one, sent you a payment via the donation link.
Got it, thanks. It will go out today.

René sorry, yes, it's a 3/8"~9mm square socket drive.

I'll take one Todd, Maybe you can throw it in your tank bag & we'll exchange check/cash for plug next time we get together? No rush as far as I'm concerned. I can use it on the inner plugs on my twin plugged T3 as well. Have something there to make do, but this seems a lot less make shift, & what I have might not work on the Norge.

You got it Bob, send me a PM prior to any outing we may meet at. I still have many left.

Certainly a helluva lot cheaper than the genuine article I bought a couple of years ago.

If you can hold on to one a few months (until the Kiwi summer subsides) I'll be in for one. I'm quite happy to pay for it now.

Back