• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UK/Ireland Stelvio meet up this summer?

UKstridey

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
As there quite a few of us on here now from the UK why don't we think of a meet up rideout this summer?

Just trying to get a heads up on interest?

cheers :)

UKstridey said:
As there quite a few of us on here now from the UK why don't we think of a meet up rideout this summer?

Just trying to get a heads up on interest?

cheers :)

I'd be up for it if the dates work out for me. :)

I gotta say though, I hope you lot aren't a bunch of crusty old feckers with grey beards and bear bellies... :eek: :lol:

I'm 53 going on 35 and ride like I stole it, my time on the bike is my time to stick a finger up at authority and mamby pamby nanny state sympathises.... :evil:

windy

I'm up for it depending on when and where. I may also be able to bring two other stelvio riding mates who aren't forum members.
Windy i fit your owner profile nicely, 55yrs, brewery inspired physique, and a grey goatee. Folks who know me wouldn't describe me as crusty though. When I once referred to my body as being like a temple I was told on good authority it was more akin to a nightclub :)
I don't ride as fast as I used to, I know my recations have got slower with age. It kind of remindsme of that tee shirt slogan ' the older I get, the faster I was' :lol:
I think the photo suggests more 'Sons of Apathy' than 'Sons of Anarchy' :D

Attachments

• toms open dayscicily scotland 094.JPG
    toms open dayscicily scotland 094.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 904
Sounds like a good idea. I'm in Cheshire or the Lakes.

I'm a ex highly trained cyclist.......well I made up the numbers in some local races and am trying to get back to that level, but now the powered bikes tend to get more attention.

count me in another 50 something with an goatie and an memory of how fast i use to be? not many really good roads my way, so up for anywhere, date dependant see you all in the sun. chhers Paul

Ok, I can live with 50 something and goatees but no crusties... :lol:

My brother rides a stelvio, sometimes on the back wheel, haven't come across anything he can't loft the front on.. :D anyway, he owns two Pubs in the middle'ish of the country and does great food, maybe a good place to head for. I'm about 130 miles from him in Hull and have a great route to get there.

Pubs are the Ash Inn at Mow Cop and the Royal Oak at Rode Heath, sort of Crewe/Congleton area, (J17 M6) He doesn't do B/B but there might be some close by.

windy

Great that's 8ish so far!

It will make a great PR event for the Stelvio- all in one place!

I'll look at some dates and come back to you with suggested location somewhere roughly in the Midlands area which seems fair to all? Most of you are t'up north I see! ;)

cheers
Mark :D

UKstridey said:
Great that's 8ish so far!

Most of you are t'up north I see! ;)

cheers
Mark :D

Where else is there to be but god's own country :D (actually I'm an athiest but if there was a God he/she :lol: would live oop north ;) )

Can you say, "I'm an athiest, thank god" :pinch: I'll get me coat... :oops:

And it's up't north :lol: :whistle:

windy

Bloody hell,this is spooky.I am 54.No beard though.Only thing crusty is my undies after a weekends camping.Count me in,providing I am not working on the chosen date.And that my bike is fixed by then.

This is looking good, could we get 10 Style-vios in the same place at the same time (all working :laugh: )

windy

Very spooky. Also 55, body a temple (to excess!!), no beard - not crusty but becoming grumpier (according to the wife).

Count me in depending on date etc.

Phil

2008 Stelvio

Hey you guessed it. I'm 50 too! Must be the age that you need to be to own a Stelvio! :shock:

I'll get back to you all with some dates in a few days to kick off and we can go form there Ok?

How about Sunday 11th August at one of Windy's brothers pubs?

Reason I pick this date is that I am in Mid Wales visiting on Friday/Saturday and from there its easy ish to get up to Congleton area for me from there and saves on the mileage?

Obviously it won't suit everyone as peak holiday season (school holidays) or do you want to leave it until say September after schools have gone back?

Date is good for me. We could do with a list of where you'll all be setting off from, maybe stay over somewhere close on Saturday night ready for the meet up Sunday morning, we could have a meal at the Pub Saturday night and in the morning we could meet in the car park and head for some twisty stuff, Cat & Fiddle, and have breakfast in Buxton.

I take it we'll be having a run out? there's a nice circular route to Glossop and back to the Pub. Being a Sunday will you all be heading home or staying over Sunday?

windy

I've heard that the roads around the Cat and Fiddle have reduced speed limits on them these days and are heavily policed at weekends in the spring/summer. :(

fatal said:
I've heard that the roads around the Cat and Fiddle have reduced speed limits on them these days and are heavily policed at weekends in the spring/summer. :(

Cat and Fiddle is on my doorstep, it has a series of rear facing average speed cameras.

I could plan a route incl some light off road sections and cafe stops

Campagman said:
fatal said:

Cat and Fiddle is on my doorstep, it has a series of rear facing average speed cameras.

I hear what you say but it is an iconic run so for those that haven't done it and had a coffee at the Pub it might be nice. To be fair 50mph on the bends on the stel is probably ok, just don't go giving it the berries between the bends... :lol:

I'm good with any route, i just love riding the bike and meeting like minded bikers. If we use the Ash Inn at Mow Cop there's an area that can be used for camping, I'll talk to steve and get some details.

BTW, the stelvio wheelies real easy two up with luggage, top end of rev range on lumps in the road, mini launch ramps... :whistle:

windy

af1-windy said:
Campagman said:
fatal said:

I hear what you say but it is an iconic run so for those that haven't done it and had a coffee at the Pub it might be nice. To be fair 50mph on the bends on the stel is probably ok, just don't go giving it the berries between the bends... :lol:

BTW, the stelvio wheelies real easy two up with luggage, top end of rev range on lumps in the road, mini launch ramps... :whistle:

windy

C&F has to stay in, as does the A53 (also with cameras) and I can't do 50 on it either.............well only on the straight bits.

I'll pass on the wheelies though for now.

The off roady bits are mainly stoned roads, no big mud, just something to get the bikes a bit dirty. I think I've posted some photos in out and about.

Back