• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

unhappy new owner

I have checked all the fuses even the ones under the cover they are all ok. It's not the battery, the charging system is not working ,only 11.9v when running after charging the battery.

goldy said:
I have checked all the fuses even the ones under the cover they are all ok. It's not the battery, the charging system is not working ,only 11.9v when running after charging the battery.

Goldy, not saying that you were not thorough, but check those fuses again. This is a common problem and has bit pretty much most of the new Stelvio including myself (I was lucky and noticed it before I had no more power). I don't recall anyone having a generator issue on the new Stelvio that was not related to the blown fuse. I trashed the aux lights and put in a set of LED's. Others have fused the leads to the Aux lights as a safe guard.

Like Peter said, pull that side cover off and pull out the fuse block. It is not the block that is under the seat. There is another one behind the cover low down under the sub frame. It is the 30Amp fuse (green I think). There will be a spare one in there also. Change it out anyways for safe measures and make sure it is properly seated. Turn off (or better yet unplug) the Aux lights and try again.

I know you feel like you got a lemon, but all of the problems you had are work in issues. The Stelvio is a beast that starts off rough and then gets better with age. You have to trust us on this one. I had the same issues you are having and in time they worked themselves out especially after the 1st service. Once the TPS was reset, valves adjusted, TB's sync'd and clutch broke in a little, the bike ran much better as it sounds like your is running now. Bike has never left me stranded so far in 12K KM. Guzzi's are a bike you need to invest some time in to get your dream bike.

I like to say Guzzi's are born at the factory, but grow up on the road. You just need to get passed the terrible two's

Good luck and keep us posted.

Originally Posted by Holeshot08
Hello,

My headlamps and charging system are out, 30 amp fuse under the rt side triangle cover are good. I could use some help if anyone can share next steps with me. I am prepared to cut the fog lamp wires but need to get this charging and lights would be good too. My NTX batt was leaking too, just replaced it and still no headlights or alt output. HELP please?

There was no problem when I first rode it but I assume the dealer had run it that morning.
The snatch is definitely from the clutch, when first pulling away it's impossible to feed it in smoothly it just lurches forward & stalls unless I really slip it & that's not right.
I had the same problem and assumed it was in the clutch. It isn't. It's pi$$ poor throttle response at low speed and rpm in the lower gears as the ECU transitions between closed and open loop. Yes, it's aggravating. My wife and I got Helmet Bonk on every upshift in the lower gears, and trying to hold a steady speed in slow traffic was not easy. If you use Guzzi Diag and Tuner Pro to disable response to the oxygen sensors, the issue will disappear completely. There may be other programs to accomplish that, but those are what I used. If Guzzi ever resolves this, I'll be happy to re-enable the oxygen sensors.

Goldy, I bought my Stelvio from Twiggers in Loughborough, had some issues, including a duff starter motor which took out a fuse which also controlled charging. I had bump started mine to take it to them before I knew about no charge, but of course it died on way to shop. Called out Guzzi recovery to take it to shop. These guys, especially Mark, seem to know their stuff!
I too am a little wary about long journeys now, I also intend going to Spain sometime, a journey we did on our California a few years ago.
I'm in Warsop by the way.
Ray.

It looks like you guys are replying to a very old thread.

Holeshot08 brought it back to life with his problem:

Originally Posted by Holeshot08
Hello,
My headlamps and charging system are out, 30 amp fuse under the rt side triangle cover are good. I could use some help if anyone can share next steps with me. I am prepared to cut the fog lamp wires but need to get this charging and lights would be good too. My NTX batt was leaking too, just replaced it and still no headlights or alt output. HELP please?

Holeshot, have you pulled and tested all of the fuses, front and back?
I assume the motor is starting, and that you know that the headlight does not work until the motor is started.

It looks like you guys are replying to a very old thread.

Holeshot08 brought it back to life with his problem:

Holeshot, have you pulled and tested all of the fuses, front and back?
I assume the motor is starting, and that you know that the headlight does not work until the motor is started.
I have tested both fuse terminals with a volt meter under the seat and rt side panel, all good. Starts with full charge, no charge at batt while running.

I have tested both fuse terminals with a volt meter under the seat and rt side panel, all good. Starts with full charge, no charge at batt while running.
Well damn! The next suspect would be the voltage regulator (actually regulator/rectifier) or the connector at the alternator. Pete Roper or others probably have experience with those items. Let's hope it's just a loose connection 'cause those things don't seem to fail often. Still, stuff happens.

I replied to him on another thread...

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/head-lamp-and-alternator-issues.13796/#post-98092

If the lighting relay does not work, then it will not send power to exciter on the generator. Hopefully he responds with an answer. If he has power from the relay to the generator the he is looking at a alternator issue. Have only heard of one failing so my bet is on a bad relay (dead or stuck??) assuming all the fuses are ok.

Could it be the headlamp relay? I only have 12k on the bike, I am doubting the belt broke but I will try to check it out.

Check
I replied to him on another thread...

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/head-lamp-and-alternator-issues.13796/#post-98092

If the lighting relay does not work, then it will not send power to exciter on the generator. Hopefully he responds with an answer. If he has power from the relay to the generator the he is looking at a alternator issue. Have only heard of one failing so my bet is on a bad relay (dead or stuck??) assuming all the fuses are ok.
checking this today, fingers crossed.

I found relay with green, green white and a black w grey? Do you think that's it? Other relays don't have the green wire combinations. Thanks for your help

I found relay with green, green white and a black w grey? Do you think that's it? Other relays don't have the green wire combinations. Thanks for your help

Here is the wiring diagram for the Stelvio NTX. It is relay number 5. Should have Black (N), Blue/Yellow (BG), Green/White (Bi/V), Green (V), Brown/ Black (M/N)

With the bike running, you should have 12Vdc to ground at the Green (15 amp relay trigger fuse), Black (Power to alternator exciter), Green/White (30 amp relay power).

If you have power at the Green, Green/White and not at the black, your relay is shot
If you have power at the Green and no power at the Green/White, Black, you are not supplying power to the relay and either your 30 amp fuse is gone, or there is a broken wire between the fuse and the relay
If you have power at the green/white but no power at green, then your power to trigger the relay is bad (15 amp fuse in aux panel)

Sounds complicated but just look at the diagram and it will make more sense.

Either way if you jump the green/white and black wire you should have power at the exciter. If you are still not getting power then you have an issue somewhere else.

Attachments

• Stelvio1200_8V_NTX_ABS_2011_WiringDiagram.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
C
Here is the wiring diagram for the Stelvio NTX. It is relay number 5. Should have Black (N), Blue/Yellow (BG), Green/White (Bi/V), Green (V), Brown/ Black (M/N)

With the bike running, you should have 12Vdc to ground at the Green (15 amp relay trigger fuse), Black (Power to alternator exciter), Green/White (30 amp relay power).

If you have power at the Green, Green/White and not at the black, your relay is shot
If you have power at the Green and no power at the Green/White, Black, you are not supplying power to the relay and either your 30 amp fuse is gone, or there is a broken wire between the fuse and the relay
If you have power at the green/white but no power at green, then your power to trigger the relay is bad (15 amp fuse in aux panel)

Sounds complicated but just look at the diagram and it will make more sense.

Either way if you jump the green/white and black wire you should have power at the exciter. If you are still not getting power then you have an issue somewhere else.
Canuck 1969,

You have made me a happy Stelvio NTX owner again! Your direction kept me hoping, because everything else I read focused on the fuses. You are a great asset to riders in need. Thanks again, will be ordering relay tomorrow. First time I have seen the headlights on for too long.

Thanks,

Chuck

Back