• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

US 2010 Stelvio ABS

StelvioGT

Tuned and Synch'ed
Here is a picture of my 2010 U S ABS version in stunning matte silver and gray. This picture was taken while being prepared twenty minutes after leaving the crate. More pictures will follow as well as my initial observations.
stelvio5.jpg

More pictures here http://webpages.charter.net/gee-tee/

Re: U S 2010 Stelvio ABS

Weeeeeelllll lookeee what we have here :mrgreen: Fantastic!

Not that I am closely acquainted with the S bash plate, but the one fitted to your new steed looks like it "might" be an ally one?

Congrats on the new ride - exciting days!

Mike.C said:
Weeeeeelllll lookeee what we have here :mrgreen: Fantastic!

Not that I am closely acquainted with the S bash plate, but the one fitted to your new steed looks like it "might" be an ally one?

Congrats on the new ride - exciting days!

I don't think so, it looks the same as the unit on my 09 which is plastic. They break easy if you take these beasts on a off road excursion.

So THAT is what a clean bike looks like. I had forgotten....... :)

Odd that is has the plastic plate. I thought they were to include the aluminum one.

Your new bike looks great, I really like the silver. I noticed your dealer has connected the battery leads properly. Mine came up the side of the battery rather than the rear side and were about to short out when I noticed them and reconnected as yours are. Very interested in seeing more pictures and hearing about the ABS system. Suspect you will love your new bike as most of us do.

Wow, a new color, but I guess that means the white was a one-time non-US thing? Bummer, that always look good in pics.

I just checked the US Guzzi site, and lo and behold, it has been updated! Bacon in the treetops for sure. It shows the Red and Black still available, and then the new silver as the ABS model. No mention of NTX/TTX whatever.

Welcome to the party!

More pictures... Hepco Becker Gobi's (black). Stucchi 'crash bars' (silver). Garmin 2730 w/ XM antenna mounted on an aluminum crossbar. BMW powerlet (left side).
Almost ready to go with the exception of it only being 20 degrees F
http://webpages.charter.net/gee-tee/
New pic's are marked Stelvio in December...
Stelvio%20in%20December%20002.jpg

If the computer on the Stelvio can be believed I am getting 48 to 50 MPG. That is in the range of in-line fours, superb!

That MPG is appx what I get on my R1200R. Please track "real" gallons used and mileage covered over a few tanks and post results if you would be so kind.

Cheers

Their website is not correct. Goodtimes Motorsports does not have the 2010 Stelvio. Just the opposite - they will not get any new Guzzis and, once they sell their 2009 Stelvio,
will not sell Guzzis any longer.

That's the second dealership in Sacramento that ended (or, in Goodtimes case, will soon end) a relationship with Moto Guzzi. I've got about 11 months left on my warranty.
My 2009 Stelvio is in the shop being looked at for poor engine performance (coughing, jerking, and stalling). I was hoping to trade my 09 for the 2010 with ABS. They won't
do it. They don't want a used 2009 on their floor when they cannot sell a new 2009.

Lovely looking bike :D

It looks like an NTX without a few bits.... :geek:

Maybe the NTX is the new base model of the Stelvio range?... :huh:

pkubitz said:
Their website is not correct. Goodtimes Motorsports does not have the 2010 Stelvio. Just the opposite - they will not get any new Guzzis and, once they sell their 2009 Stelvio,
will not sell Guzzis any longer.

That's the second dealership in Sacramento that ended (or, in Goodtimes case, will soon end) a relationship with Moto Guzzi. I've got about 11 months left on my warranty.
My 2009 Stelvio is in the shop being looked at for poor engine performance (coughing, jerking, and stalling). I was hoping to trade my 09 for the 2010 with ABS. They won't
do it. They don't want a used 2009 on their floor when they cannot sell a new 2009.

Were they fairly well established shops with other brands, tough economy or just not happy with MG? Hate to see this happen, especially in such a strong market area for motorcycling in general.

They had about 6 guzzis on the floor and could not sell them. A griso, breva, couple stelvios, and a norge. Besides that, Guzzi USA is giving them the runaround. For example, with my Stelvio, they tried to blame the poor performance on the gas quality. Guzzi told the dealer to take a fuel sample. Total bullshit. At least the dealer is going to take a closer look and not pay any attention to the "bad fuel" theory. I've seen comments on this forum about the Oxygen sensor. Hopefully I can get the bike running like it should before the warranty expires.

Yes, both shops have other bikes. Goodtimes has Ducati, Suzuki, Triumph, ..., the other shop has Victory, Triumph, ...

pkubitz said:
They had about 6 guzzis on the floor and could not sell them. A griso, breva, couple stelvios, and a norge. Besides that, Guzzi USA is giving them the runaround. For example, with my Stelvio, they tried to blame the poor performance on the gas quality. Guzzi told the dealer to take a fuel sample. Total bullshit. At least the dealer is going to take a closer look and not pay any attention to the "bad fuel" theory. I've seen comments on this forum about the Oxygen sensor. Hopefully I can get the bike running like it should before the warranty expires.

Yes, both shops have other bikes. Goodtimes has Ducati, Suzuki, Triumph, ..., the other shop has Victory, Triumph, ...

I have had the same problems with poor running, first time it was the 02 sensor, last time it was the left hand coil and high tension lead.

Here in VA we are loosing MG dealers faster than Italy can ship the bikes over here, lost two out of three in Dec., one had been a dealer for 10+ years. MG also fired the regional sales rep for the area. My dealer is going to give MG another year and if nothing happens "to help the dealers" in his words he is going to dump them. MG has dropped the prices on some bikes and pasted the savings on to the dealers, the dealers that already had the product on the showroom floor and paid many thousands more for the same product can't sell them because of the higher price. Just doesn't make good business sence.

MG is not attending the IMS show in Washington DC for the 2nd year in a row, Washington DC is recession proof, less than 5% unemployement and they don't display anything, my local BMW dealer had a banner year, go figure.

Piaggio is putting themselves out of business, their idiots for now importing the NTX, they need to put the wine bottle down and sober up !

Back