• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Used V7 stone value?

davethewelder

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Just saw a 2013 V7 stone for sale, dudes asking 1000 bucks. Says it doesn’t run, rusty fuel tank, might need injectors. Says it’s more than he can handle and it needs to be gone this week end. It has 10,000 miles on it. It 2 hours away, what do y’all think would top dollar? I’m thinking 500.

Just saw a 2013 V7 stone for sale, dudes asking 1000 bucks. Says it doesn’t run, rusty fuel tank, might need injectors. Says it’s more than he can handle and it needs to be gone this week end. It has 10,000 miles on it. It 2 hours away, what do y’all think would top dollar? I’m thinking 500.
That's difficult to say without seeing the bike. His asking price may be reasonable if hasn't been wrecked, the gauges are clean, the sea'ts in good condition and there is no rust/corrosion.

Jason

It’s in Florida.

For that price, odds are it lived right by the sea, outside, and literally everything is covered in salt air corrosion.

Surely he has a photo as every phone nowadays has a very good camera attached to it.

It’s in Florida.

For that price, odds are it lived right by the sea, outside, and literally everything is covered in salt air corrosion.

Surely he has a photo as every phone nowadays has a very good camera attached to it.
Indeed, corrosion/rust was my BIG concern, too.

Jason

The corrosion is a bit of concern, but from my experience unless you lived at or near the beach and never cared for you bike, then it would be a problem.

Just loaded up and headed back to shop. It’s a little dirty and some corrosion. It has a bunch of aftermarket stuff. I pick it up at a mechanic shop, customer gave up and had a wife, so… Any way mechanic says he had running but needs a fuel pump and fuel tank, possibly injectors. Some how tank developed a hole near where it sits on frame. BF7C641F 8141 49AA 9493 8FAAE673BFF4

Geez Louise! What the hell is with some people that they treat an expensive 2013 motorcycle like a piece of shit. The damage on that thing is just unreal for its age.

It's rough, but certainly not beyond resurrection. I could do it on the cheap and have a hell of a nice motorcycle for another $1,500 worth of parts and stuff.

Look for a used tank. There are wrecks with perfect tanks.

Congratulations! If it had been in my neighborhood, I'd have 6 Moto Guzzi motorcycles right now! :D

Scott, I hear ya. After speaking with the young guy that owned it and he was keeping it out doors at an apartment. So I surmise some water seeped in thru the tank filler hole. I probably could weld up the holes, it does need a fuel pump for sure. Seat is roached too. once I source a fuel pump, maybe a used tank I'll have the seat recovered by. Sergeant Seat. Bikes needs a whole lot of cleaning but I think it will be good.

There's a hell of a selection of fuel pumps out there , just find one with the matching pressure and you'll
be good to go , and since you're a welder :) , anything can be made to fit ! Peter

There's a hell of a selection of fuel pumps out there , just find one with the matching pressure and you'll
be good to go , and since you're a welder :) , anything can be made to fit ! Peter
Im not EVEN going to attempt to weld up the holes. It would be like Wack A mole. I have seen used tanks on Ebay for 375 in Mat black, Todd has a used one but its a different color. Ebay also has fuel pump rebuild kits for 45 bucks, the price for a used fuel pump assembly can be up to 700. really just need pump, filter and maybe a new gasket.

Back