• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100: 2 Day KY Ride Highlights

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
So, my V-Strom (and Norton) riding buddy, Dave, and I set off for a two day-er on the great roads in KY. Highlights were RT25 down to Georgetown, then southwest on back roads in horse farm country. Stopped at Pisgah Presbyterian church, on Co road 1967 near Versailles, KY, that’s been there since 1784. Rode the Valley View Ferry on rt 169 (also, circa 1780) over the Kentucky River - an old cable ferry powered by paddle wheel. We had a good lunch at the Newby Country Store (country ham and cheese sandwich - with the best tomatoes I’ve had all year!). A real treat to meet and talk with the locals. Moved on to White Hall Mansion, near Richmond. An impressive 45 room 19th century home of the interesting Clay family of business and politics (Clay Co., Clay City, etc). Headed east from there. Then, Rt 1274 out of Frenchburg, by Cave Run Lake, toward Morehead … a wonderful ride. Spent the night in Morehead, KY, and did some great roads home, with a break at Blue Lick State Park, and one of our favs, rt 19, back to the familiar Augusta ferry, and back to Ohio. All said and done, about a 500 ride.

The V100 ran like a champ. The updated fuel map from last week at the dealer really helped smooth things out… noticably improved performance. But, a couple MPG ave less - found myself stopping for gas at ~175 miles. (No worries - us old guys need to hydrate and pee anyway - the vicious cycle😂). The 4100rpm vibration even seems to have calmed down a bit👍. Life is good at almost 4K miles… blessed!

Bikes at Pisgah Presbyterian Church…
IMG 0769

Church(2)…
IMG 0774

Valley View Ferry(1)…
IMG 0781

Ferry Paddle Wheel…
IMG 0786

White Hall Mansion…
DSCN2712

Relaxin’ on the porch at the Newby Country Store…
DSCN2702

Great ride on the bikes!…
DSCN2684

Lots of great roads in KY, especially eastern hill country. I just got back from a KY distillery tour with a couple guys on a different bike. Great roads and weather. I’m looking forward to my first trip on the V100.

You always seem to pick great places to ride.

I crossed on that same ferry on Saturday afternoon. I rode some awesome back roads from Vevay, Indiana to London, Kentucky that day.
I agree with you and @indyrider … great roads throughout KY. Been over to Vevay a lot, as well (a couple of our riding buddies live in SE Indiana)… great roads there too! It’s funny, we’ve hit some of the exact same places within days of each other!

Grew up in western Kentucky, spent one high-school year in Erlanger across the river from you -- still muse about what have been with sweet Shirley :inlove: -- went to law school in Lexington, and, of course, have been back many times since for the usual celebratory and poignant reasons that bring us all "home" from time to time.

I've been back to Kentucky three times this year. Will post pix of the last in a few minutes.

I've have been to all of those places you mention, including that ferry.

If ever this way, stop in.

Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: BDS
Grew up in western Kentucky, spent one high-school year in Erlanger across the river from you -- still muse about what have been with sweet Shirley :inlove: -- went to law school in Lexington, and, of course, have been back many times since for the usual celebratory and poignant reasons that bring us all "home" from time to time.

I've been back to Kentucky three times this year. Will post pix of the last in a few minutes.

I've have been to all of those places you mention, including that ferry.

If ever this way, stop in.

Bill
Hehe… small world, Bill! Yep, lotsa great roads ‘round this part of the country. And, I think it’s great that as we travel around, and share our stories and pics, that many of us can relate - sort of like having shared memories!

Nice Mutton ride write-up. Looks like a great time had by all!!

Back