• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 lower handlebar height

• Thread starter Deleted member marsgent
  • Start date
D

Deleted member marsgent

Hello everyone

This is going to sound weird counter-productive to the model intent and I know many riders chase after market bar risers for more comfort however I'm progressing from sports bikes and struggling with the different feel of the V100 bars and to me the front wheel is very wobbly at low speed and vague and lacks feedback at high speeds. Maybe I just need more time and an interim solution until the brain-motor-muscle memory adapts.

Is there a common lower mounting block maybe from the Tuono, that I could use to lower the bar height 30mm? Looks to be just one screw at the bottom of each block. I think it would tip my body position in just enough to gain back some more sports position feel without adding in any noticeable fatigue over distance.

Either that or change to flat bars but thought this might be easier and less invasive.

Attachments

• V100 bars.JPG
    V100 bars.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 25
Looks rubber mounted to me and flat bars look the most reasonable solution.

Attachments

• Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello-S-E5-Lenkstange-Schaltungen-ersatzteile-collmann-eu~2.jpg
    Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello-S-E5-Lenkstange-Schaltungen-ersatzteile-collmann-eu~2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 13
thanks - a lower version of item #11 is what I need

Attachments

• Bars.JPG
    Bars.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 10
I too struggled a bit with the ergonomics of the handle bar position.
It felt like a strange in between hight, resting with weight on the wrists, and reach forward.
I’m 5”9’ and initially still thought the reach was too close.
But after the season with 4,5k miles the ergonomics feels correct.
Granted that I would perhaps prefer slightly lower and forward position for inspired riding.

But what about just trying a different position of the OEM handle bar?
Tha’s one of the first things the dealer told me when I bought the bike.

I had a Honda CB1300 and you were able to reverse the handlebar holders, this made no difference to the height but moved them forward.

🤦‍♂️

If they build it low, they complain and want it higher. If they build it higher, they complain and want it lower.

It never stops…
I wouldn't expect everyone to want the same positioning, since everyone is built differently.

When was the last time you saw a car that didn't have an adjustable steering wheel and multiple direction adjustable seats ? :)

I have also been considering a more forward and downward position by replacing either the lower u-bolt handlebar supports or by replacing the handlebar. Both solutions can get the same hands position.
On facebook Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello group there are two users that replaced the original handlebar with a lower, widers and forward one. Some italian users also claim that some Aprilia risers are 100% compatible.
I have been finding out and they are right. You have two options:
-Riser Lower U-bolt Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 code 854815 is 40mms lower
-Riser Lower U-bolt Aprilia Tuono V4 and Aprilia Dorsoduro 900 code 2B003986 is 25mms lower and 25mms forward

If you look out you will also find several handlebar options to get lower and forward hands position.

As always, try the STORE tab top of page. Risers and bars available…

Initially I found the seating position on the V100 Mandello pleasant, but after using the motorcycle for longer distances I also thought about adjusting the seating position with the handlebars being slightly lower and further forward. For reference my height is approximately 6 feet. To maintain the OEM look, I first looked for a different lower handlebar clamp or riser. The risers used on the V100 Mandello is identical to that of some Aprilia motorcycles such as the Caponord 1200 and the Mana 850. Compatible lower risers are mounted on the Aprilia Tuono V4, Shiver 750 and Dorsoduro 750. But note that some of these risers are for 28mm handlebars and some are for 22mm handlebars. Aprilia used these handlebars interchangeably over the years, at least for the EU market. For some models such as the Tuono V4 they are black, for other models they are silver gray. My dealer ordered number B044862 for my V100 Mandello. These are silver gray and suitable for the 28mm handlebar. I suppose part number 852493 is identical to B044862.
The bottom of the riser fits exactly around the damping rubber that is mounted in the triple clamp. The original handlebar clamp of the V100 Mandello can be mounted on the top of the riser. Assembly requires loosening the two 8mm Allen key bolts, which can be accessed from below with an extension of the socket wrench. These bolts are secured with "Loctite". I had to heat the risers to get the bolts loose.
Once installed, the handlebar drops approximately two and a half centimeter and moves forward by a centimeter. When turning the handlebar, the display remains untouched and the wiring harness to the handlebar can also move unobstructed and freely.

Aprilia Dorsoduro 2023 11 27 alle 101350

The seating position is now more pleasant for me. I also find the side view of the bike more streamlined and in keeping with the design of the V100 as a sport touring motorcycle.

Just got it wrong guys am not thinking straight and all I can say is sorr. I lost my mother recently to a painful battle with the big C and was forced to resign from what was supposed to be my dream job because of similar melt-down behavior in management so in a civil world let's stay civil. I'm happy to purchase the Rizoma product. In fact I was about to donate a similar amount so this is probably the best win-win. And we move on.

Just got it wrong guys am not thinking straight and all I can say is sorry. I lost my mother recently to a painful battle with the big C and was forced to resign from what was supposed to be my dream job
Apology accepted, and condolences to you and your Family.
Things normally are not like this here, but I am hitting my limit for chasing offsite links.
If you want to revise or I'll delete all offending posts above, I know Scott will be good with that too.
Discussion of products here is OK, just no links, and I am especially sensitive to fueling questions here as I've spent 2+ decades mastering it, and two clowns from your side of the world still try to belittle my work daily.
Best to you for a much better 2024. Cheers.

I felt the need for something a little more sport and better angles so I installed these bars.

I think I slipped a disc or two in my back just looking at that photo. 😮 😆

I’m genuinely curious about if you guys who relish this body position are tall or short. Do you like it because it allows you to stretch out or what? Truly I really would love to hear “Why?”

I’m 5’9 on a really really good day so for me, the stretched forward riding posture was always physical gymnastics and an upper body workout for me, especially being a sport Ducati guy from a since I was a teenager. By the time I was riding my 996, it was brutal on me.

When I discovered my first upright motorcycle (R100RT) I thought I died and went to heaven. I could suddenly do 600+ miles days with ease.

It’s the reason my Ducatis now are a Multistrada 1200S GT and a Hyperstrada 939 and why I adore my Stelvio NTX over anything before or since.

I don’t have a forward leaning motorcycle so this is very interesting to me.

👌👍🙏

Last edited:
It's maybe 2 inches more forward and an inch lower. For me the stock bars were to horizontal at the grips, The renthal is pitched down and back more although the sit further forward. For reference I'm 5' 10". I just took these pics to show it on the bike. Notice I unsuccessful tried to match the valve cover color.

20240104 192602 20240104 192450 20240104 192435

As for going to lower bars, try this reasoning-
Looks, a massive part of motorcycling.
Wieght transfer, don't discount taking off 10kg off your butt and placing itiver the front axle at speed.
Comfort, without a fairing the wind pressure can cushion your chest and take the wieght from your wrists.

But with an BMW 100RT that had a barn door fairing you negate all of the above, especially the looks.

Attachments

• bmw-r100rt.jpg
    bmw-r100rt.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
…Looks, a massive part of motorcycling…

…But with an BMW 100RT that had a barn door fairing you negate all of the above, especially the looks.

To my eyes, anything remotely looking like a “cafe racer” is pure ugly.

Truly beauty is in the eye of the beholder because that airhead R100RT was a beautiful motorcycle. Barn door? Hardly. Try Pininfarina wind tunnel designed. It was rock solid steady at 100mph+

I crisscrossed the United States, several times, without so much as a hiccup ever. That motorcycle was the most dead on reliable and long distance eating thing I ever rode. Period.

I was just more interested if the low bar allure was comfort and if so, the size of the person.

Last edited:
It's maybe 2 inches more forward and an inch lower. For me the stock bars were to horizontal at the grips, The renthal is pitched down and back more although the sit further forward. For reference I'm 5' 10". I just took these pics to show it on the bike. Notice I unsuccessful tried to match the valve cover color.

View attachment 33757View attachment 33758View attachment 33759

So did you do it solely because you like the look or does it provide more comfort?

Nobody would ever buy a car with no adjustable seat and steering wheel while many riders just buy their bikes and try use them no matter if they are short or tall persons. We cannot pretend to think one size motorcycle suits any rider. On every bike I buy I always customized the seat and sometimes also the handlebars position as I do on my cars.

Regarding the V100 handlebar although I have not yet replaced it my motives are similar as Chris Wilson´s:
-more lean forward to gain a bit of weight and control over the front wheel
-closer position of my head to the windscreen to get less air flux on my helmet
-Main reason: my experience with many bikes tells me a bit more stretched forward posture is more comfortable than a more upright one because I get less pressure on my lower back and on my buttocks. I personally suffer from lumbar vertebra riding on too upright bikes and I cannot stand custom bikes like Harleys because of excessive weight on my back combined with to forward and high feet position.

On my V100 Rosso after increasing the seat height by 2,5" the distance from my back to the hands grips is a bit longer and I find the triangle hands, back and feet comfortable.

I am also a cyclist and I know very little ergonomics adjustments mean a lot in terms of bones and muscles comfort.

Back