• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 lower handlebar height

• Thread starter Deleted member marsgent
  • Start date
So did you do it solely because you like the look or does it provide more comfort?

Looks did not matter for me. It was all about comfort, and body position. On longer rides my thumbs would become uncomfortable due to the flat angle of the grips, I also found it a bit unnatural while riding at a more sportive pace, like Chris said, it helps load the front end a bit more. As a side benefit it gives the passenger a bit more room and keeps me out of the wind.

Initially I found the seating position on the V100 Mandello pleasant, but after using the motorcycle for longer distances I also thought about adjusting the seating position with the handlebars being slightly lower and further forward. For reference my height is approximately 6 feet. To maintain the OEM look, I first looked for a different lower handlebar clamp or riser. The risers used on the V100 Mandello is identical to that of some Aprilia motorcycles such as the Caponord 1200 and the Mana 850. Compatible lower risers are mounted on the Aprilia Tuono V4, Shiver 750 and Dorsoduro 750. But note that some of these risers are for 28mm handlebars and some are for 22mm handlebars. Aprilia used these handlebars interchangeably over the years, at least for the EU market. For some models such as the Tuono V4 they are black, for other models they are silver gray. My dealer ordered number B044862 for my V100 Mandello. These are silver gray and suitable for the 28mm handlebar. I suppose part number 852493 is identical to B044862.
The bottom of the riser fits exactly around the damping rubber that is mounted in the triple clamp. The original handlebar clamp of the V100 Mandello can be mounted on the top of the riser. Assembly requires loosening the two 8mm Allen key bolts, which can be accessed from below with an extension of the socket wrench. These bolts are secured with "Loctite". I had to heat the risers to get the bolts loose.
Once installed, the handlebar drops approximately two and a half centimeter and moves forward by a centimeter. When turning the handlebar, the display remains untouched and the wiring harness to the handlebar can also move unobstructed and freely.

View attachment 33614

The seating position is now more pleasant for me. I also find the side view of the bike more streamlined and in keeping with the design of the V100 as a sport touring motorcycle.
Thanks a lot for this great tip!
I bought the Aprilia Tuono V4 handlebar U-Bolts (2B003986) for about 60EUR including shipping costs.
These are black but I managed to paint them :p .
Excellent result!
I have not tried the new configuration on the road yet but just by sitting on the bike I can feel the difference...
THANKS!

BTW, I have attached the specification for the screw tightening torques.

Andrea

Thumbnail IMG 5835 Thumbnail IMG 5836 Screenshot 2024 02 17 141751

Back