• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Tip - Quick wind screen adjustment mode

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Not sure how many may be aware of this, but, I stumbled upon a quick access to windscreen adjustment. Here’s how it works…

OK, everyone knows where the Ride Mode selector button is, …the thumb button below the ignition rocker on the right side of the handlebar, next to the throttle grip (for changing ride modes among Rain/Tour/Road/Sport). If the bike is parked, a long press of the ride mode button puts you in the ride mode adjustment screen (MGCS).

I discovered that the Ride Mode button serves a secondary function while riding. A long press while moving puts you directly into the wind screen adjustment mode. Very cool… no need to navigate through the display screen menus to get there. You still need to navigate “out” of the windscreen adjustment to get back to where you want to be in regard to the display. But still, a cool find👍😁.

In my case two presses of the mode right button takes me to the screen adjustment.

Haha… I’ll try that one too! A “press and hold” while riding was my accidental discovery. Who knows what other secrets we might find.😉

Actually I believe it is three presses on the right mode button to get to the windscreen adjustment mode. I use this method when I am riding. I have been experimenting with different shields trying to eliminate turbulence so I have been using the shield adjustment feature quite a bit.
kk

IMHO it's ridiculous that we cannot scroll left but must endlessly circle right to cycle though modes and selections, hope they made those buttons out of tough stuff... Screen and Heated grips settings are often used and should not be so clicky.
On MY perfect Mandello S, you'd have dedicated buttons to open/close the wings and select suspension modes independent of rider modes.

Not sure how many may be aware of this, but, I stumbled upon a quick access to windscreen adjustment. Here’s how it works…

OK, everyone knows where the Ride Mode selector button is, …the thumb button below the ignition rocker on the right side of the handlebar, next to the throttle grip (for changing ride modes among Rain/Tour/Road/Sport). If the bike is parked, a long press of the ride mode button puts you in the ride mode adjustment screen (MGCS).

I discovered that the Ride Mode button serves a secondary function while riding. A long press while moving puts you directly into the wind screen adjustment mode. Very cool… no need to navigate through the display screen menus to get there. You still need to navigate “out” of the windscreen adjustment to get back to where you want to be in regard to the display. But still, a cool find👍😁.
Why doesn't MG let you know about this from the getgo in the manual etc..., why find it by surrendipity?

To stop some minor buffeting on my V100 I inverted the whole screen, the curved lip that was at the top is now at the bottom. All the screw holes lined up and you can still raise and lower the screen. Its a 10min job, if any of you try it I would be interested in your comments. I like what that other guy Moparnut72 did and removed the screen altogether.

Back