• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Questions

Gazdok

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I went to the local dealer yesterday. Unfortunately the demo bike was out, so I could only have a look and little play and feel of a bike in the shop.

I have some questions and hope some who already have one can fill in.

I have a 2005 Breva 1100 right now and am comparing, although I know in many areas they are light years apart.

The first things I noticed are the non-existing centre stand, narrow seat and small screen. The dealer said that NO ONE these days wants a centre stand and it is available for extra money.... MG cheap at this sales price even for a non-S. I always use the centre stand on the Breva. Has anyone got one and are they any good. Not just for the oil check without spillage?

The seat felt quite uncomfortable compared to the Breva. The dealer said that there is a heated comfort seat available. I am not sure about the heated seat option although I ride through the winter, but do I have to pay extra for a comfortable seat now?
Also while I have both feet on the ground on the Breva, I was tippy toeing on the V100 despite the narrow seat. Is the bike so much higher?

On the Breva I have fitted the OEM screen with a MRA adjustable attachment. The dealer mentioned a taller screen. Is the tall screen any good in bad weather and for touring?

I forgot to ask the dealer about any power socket. Does the V100 come with any USB ports for phone or sat nav? I guess it does not have a built in sat nav, does it?

I will want to fit a / my top box again. Are there nicer aftermarket racks available than this hefty tubular structure offered by MG?

Thanks for replies

I have center stand on mine and it works well

I'm 183 cm and easily have both feet on the ground, never had a breva so cannot compare. I'm coming from a Stelvio and so far V100 seat looks more comfy to may back than Stelvio one.

I have MG touring screen, is about 45 cm long, it is overpriced and frankly speaking I would not recommend it. You can have similar or even higher and more protective screes from aftermarket suppliers such as givi, isotta, puig, powerbronze, etc with height ranging from 35 to over 60 cm. The 45 cm high screen covers shoulders but helmet is exposed to wind, maybe 55 cm size could be the right choice for long range touring

You have a USB socket below the passenger seat, another one can be installed on the cockpit as option. What many of us are doing is to remove the USB from below the seat and install in the cockpit. What I have done is to add another USB on the cockpit and take from there also power supply for tomtom rider. It is 10 minutes job.
No sat nav foreseen as option, but if you install MIA (option for standard mandello, included in S version) you can connect your smartphone to the dashboard and have turn by turn directions directly on the screen.

Hope this helps

Ciao

I’m 5’ 9” and I can flat foot the bike. I came off a V4s Multistrada. The seat is comfortable. I was unsure it would be but I am happy. Now I have a bad pelvis, broken in half and three places. Healed now of course but most seats are uncomfortable now. The seat works for me.

The touring screen is expensive but it works well. The added usb in the cockpit is in the right place. I did not want the center stand but I did get that bridge abutment of a rack. It’s big & expensive but we’ll made. It does it’s job. Ordered a top box waiting for it. The saddle bags are decent. I am sure pit bull makes a stand for the bike. It can stay home while you ride unlike the center stand.

I do love the bike. Handles well and has plenty of power. Bonus, it is not a tall azz adventure bike. I am sick of tall azz adventure bikes. There were few choices until the V100 came around. I love it

The first things I noticed are the non-existing centre stand, narrow seat and small screen. The dealer said that NO ONE these days wants a centre stand and it is available for extra money.... MG cheap at this sales price even for a non-S. I always use the centre stand on the Breva. Has anyone got one and are they any good. Not just for the oil check without spillage?
Center stand is in my opinion useless with shaft driven bike. Oil check can be performed well in a garage using front or rear vertical stand. Center stand is another heavy steel construction on a bike and reduces celarance beneath the bike. For me more negatives than positives. For other people there ia an unexpensive option to buy it.
The seat felt quite uncomfortable compared to the Breva. The dealer said that there is a heated comfort seat available. I am not sure about the heated seat option although I ride through the winter, but do I have to pay extra for a comfortable seat now?
Also while I have both feet on the ground on the Breva, I was tippy toeing on the V100 despite the narrow seat. Is the bike so much higher?
The bike is quite fine, I am firmly flat footed on it, I am 180 cm. You can buy comfort lowered heated seat if needed. The standard seat on V100 is quite comfortable for me, it is firm, but very comfortable. I did not notice it is narrow in my opinion it is on wider side of the market.

On the Breva I have fitted the OEM screen with a MRA adjustable attachment. The dealer mentioned a taller screen. Is the tall screen any good in bad weather and for touring?
OEM screen is OK, you are protected up to your chin in higher position with no turbulences or buffeting. There is plenty of optional screens from the OEM to huge variety of aftermarket solutions.
I forgot to ask the dealer about any power socket. Does the V100 come with any USB ports for phone or sat nav? I guess it does not have a built in sat nav, does it?
Standard USB power socket is under the pillion seat, optional is unexpensive plug-in socket to be installed on the left side of the dashboard.

I will want to fit a / my top box again. Are there nicer aftermarket racks available than this hefty tubular structure offered by MG?

Thanks for replies
There is Hepco&Backer rack, SW Motech rack and GIVI is working on their solution. For me the only way is the original as it can be loaded up to 12 kg, the most on the market and it was constructed with blind spot radar installation in mind.

Back