• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 - RTE in KY

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Had a nice Ride To Eat with 3 buds, yesterday. I led the first half on the V100s… back roads to the Augusta Ferry over the Ohio River, then great Kentucky roads to Cynthiana for lunch. The bike ran flawlessly. I keep tweaking the suspension, and it’s feeling better all the time. I’ve gotten the harshness mostly dialed out. Feeling more predictable. Hope to get to the edge of the rear tire soon😂. It took a while to get my Norge “right” for me, but, the V100 has lots of tweak-ability😁. Handling is getting better (or rather, I am getting more used to it). I’ve got about 1500 miles now. And, thankfully, the bags are staying put👍. The adventure continues!

Represented: KTM 790, Triumph Bonneville T100, V-Strom and the Mandello😁

Riding the ferry:

IMG 0318

Lunch at Biancke’s:

IMG 0320

Glad you are happy with that handsome machine.

I stopped in at Cadre in late May en route to the Mutton Run, and talked with Enzo -- a great guy, as are the other folks there -- about buying the V100 Mandello Aviazione Navale version he had coming in soon. I would have to have held my nose over the fake naval-aviation connection with Guzzi's origins, and as a retired Army guy, call it something else than "Navale," but I do think all of the various livery options look good, and, to me, that one especially. :)

We then rode a bit and crossed the Ohio at the Augusta ferry.

i-kRCgnfk-L.jpg

As for Biancke’s, don't know it. We ride every spring and fall to Daviess County, Kentucky, for mutton (and, yes, beer, bourbon, and BS, etc.). We always spend the night in Maysville, then take US 62 all the way to Leitchfield (minus some avoiding of the bigger burgs), then SR 54 north to Whitesville/Owensboro. Anyway, we often find ourselves doing first bladder maintenance and sometimes refueling in Cynthiana. Will have to check out Biancke’s on our next trip that way in late September.

The return-home leg led ended my V100 plans, as I had a flat north of Oddville (yes, really) Ky., and that led to a tow, and my new V85 from Gateway Cycles in Mount Sterling. Doesn't everyone buy a new motorcycle when they get a flat? I told Kathi that. ;)

i-hrMSCJf-L.jpg

Anyway, I'll be riding it on the next Mutton Run. Maybe we can link up.

Bill

Hey Bill, cool post! I do know Oddville (on 62)… stopped for a photo op once…
IMG 0324

Sounds like you guys have enjoyed some great KY roads, supporting your tradition😁! There are some nice routes from the ferry to Cynthiana. If you do hit Biancke’s … and like pie… they have some great southern pies. Check their pie case when you walk in😂. Enjoy the V85!!

Hey Bill, cool post! I do know Oddville (on 62)… stopped for a photo op once…
View attachment 30987

Sounds like you guys have enjoyed some great KY roads, supporting your tradition😁! There are some nice routes from the ferry to Cynthiana. If you do hit Biancke’s … and like pie… they have some great southern pies. Check their pie case when you walk in😂. Enjoy the V85!!

St. Mary's fall picnic is on 24 September this year. We'll likely launch from here at the top of Virginia on the 21st, RON Maysville, then do a cameo at the Kentucky rally vic. Frankfort on Friday. We'll be mutton gluttons and awash with beer and bourbon on the weekend, then head home on Monday.

Our more-or-less route, plus or minus getting distracted or lost, from Maysville to Daviess County is this.

i-C88hv7r-L.png

As you know Oddville, you are likely also familiar with that "hypotenuse road," SR 1504, that creates a wiggly side route from Mount Olivet back to US 62.

i-8cJR5kD-L.png

I took this pic on 1504 in May '22. Sold the Griso last month, sigh, but those turns are still there, awaiting our return.

i-3ZqPL7x-L.jpg

What a hoot of a road.

Maybe we can meet along the way in September.

Bill

Reactions: BDS
Looks like some good riding! If I’m “in town,” we’ll see how things look (my wife and I will be in Michigan about that time, visiting our daughter for her b-day). If home, I might be able to grab my Norton buddy and meet you along 62. He knows many of the KY roads way better than me. We’ve been to Mt Olivet via many routes. I don’t recall 1504 specifically, but it’s quite possible I’ve been on it😁. A lot of those KYxxxx roads are gems! Cheers!

This year Bill, I’d like to come to the Moto Grappa first, then ride with all of you guys for the 2 days to KY. I think that will be fantastic. I am sorry I missed the first Mutton event this year, but the surgery was worth it!

Back