• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 spark plugs

DistritoF.

Tuned and Synch'ed
Good morning.

This week I will be doing the 15,000 ml service on the v100 Mandello but I do not know what spark pugs to use. The manual tells me to take it to the dealer (it also says that "gasoline is very flammable" BTW) and the service manual that I have does not give me a specific number. Does anyone know the exact plug?
Thank you guys. Maybe I need to refine my search techniques.

There typically has been an emissions sticker under the seat on previous models that would give you this spec. Check and let us know.

Thanks again GTM. I looked and yes, they are NGK LMAR8EI-7. So Vespa spark plugs :)

Does anyone know where to buy them in the US ? on does anyone that understands electricity can tell me the exact equivalent.

I can not find them online in this country and the shipping from Europe is x2 the cost of the spark plugs.

Thank you very much guys/gals

Ebay has them. Free shipping from UK. Seller name powersparks 99.6% feedback.

They're iridium plugs so they don't really need changing for many thousands more miles.

Incidentally, anyone has information on the plug gap? The manual states 0.8 mm (CHA - 23) and 0.7 mm (MTN - 63). My bike's plugs came gaped at 0.65 mm.

Always an interesting subject. Recalling back setting valves on sohc Honda 4s.
But I always wonder about tolerances back in the engine early days, no valve cover, total loss oil, etc. H D had the soup can carb.

Are you sure you need to replace them yet? Iridium plugs last a lot longer than your basic lawn mower plug as fitted in most other vehicles. That is why they charge extra for Iridiums as well. If you have a service manual it should give you all details needed. If the US one doesnt try to find a UK manual.

ML Performance (USA) website claims to have them @ $8 each on a black Friday deal. Never bought anything from them though.

T2

Only the outer electrode is moved. Adjusting them is a normal procedure.
John, with all due respect most spark plugs come pre-gapped better than most humans can accomplish. I worked at a major auto manufacturer’s engine plant for 30 years. We discontinued AC because their spark plugs came in not to speck. We switched to NGK. The manufacturers don't waste money having assembly operators check gaps. I say check the gaps but adjusting them should not be necessary. I would take a plug with a faulty gap back to the retailer. All of what I have just said only applies to OEM-recommended plugs for a particular model.

I guess then that MG is a manufacturer not wasting time checking gaps, otherwise the plugs in my V100 wouldn't be gapped to a value other than the two different values given in the shop manual. As I wrote above, manual says 0.7 mm an 0.8, bike came with 0.65 on both plugs.

Back