• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Tech Talk

Learned some things:
The V100 is put together with haste
A lot of screws are used
The thermostat is placed in between the cilinders.

I just have to shake my head and wonder…

Do all of you place this unobtainable standard of 100% perfection in every mechanical vehicle you own for 100% of the vehicles the manufacturer assembled?

No manufacturer can attain that level of failure rate - 0%. Nobody.

There are always going to be minor things that appear, and that the manufacturer and its dealer network will get sorted out.

This does not mean that “The V100 is put together with haste”. This is insulting to the people who design and build these motorcycles. Do you really think they go into the factory everyday with the intention of doing shoddy workmanship? Of course not!

”A lot of screw are used”? Umm, I work with motorcycles all day every day. There are tons of screws used in every motorcycle. I promise you.

”The thermostat is placed between the cylinders”…As opposed to where?

I’m sorry, but forums always seem like the place where people waste no time ripping on a manufacturer because they failed to achieve perfection. I have just never understood that. I prefer to look at the history of a manufacturer and realize that they are people, just like me, and they try to do the best they can but sometimes do not succeed. To me, it is more important that they make it right and stand behind their product.

Case in point, my buddies (all of them are older like me) are trying to get me back onto a dirt bike to go off-roading with them. I started looking at the major manufacturers and especially KTM and Honda. If you buy one of their VERY EXPENSIVE Motocross machines, your warrranty is little more than the threshold of the sales floor door!

You spend $14000+ for a dirt bike that comes with literally no warranty at all. You buy it, you roll it out the door, and it is what it is. Take it or leave it. Suffice it to say what the odds are that I would hand either of those manufacturers my hard earned money under those terms. If you cannot stand behind your product, then I don‘t care how popular, or technologically advanced it is, it tells me something about you as a company. It tells me not to buy your product!

Piaggio and Moto Guzzi have always stood behind their products. 2 years unlimited mileage means something to me for sure!

I just got ahold of the parts PDF for the V100 (now in the DOWNLOADS section), and I saw my first major disappointment with the engine. The cylinders are part of the engine cases, which if any of those here know of the past failures of some of the other major brands using this "design" (Honda VTR-1000 is one), it's never a good ending, Hopefully Guzzi is far smarter than Honda with durability. Also, this makes it NEARLY impossible for easy bigger displacement options. They moved the alternator rearward (behind the throttle bodies), but it does look to be of the same spec as the CARC models, which is a plus. The vast majority of the fuel tank looks to be the air box, which was another concern since I haven't seen capacity specs yet, and it looks like the tank is plastic and resides behind the air box. I has hoping for more clever placement.
I'm still buying one of course. ;)

View attachment 27396

View attachment 27397

View attachment 27399

View attachment 27398

View attachment 27395
"Hopefully Guzzi is far smarter than Honda with durability." 🤣😂😅🤪😜

Just an fyi, my dealer told me Saturday that Moto Guzzi sent them new hose clamps that they are supposed to put on before delivering a v100 to it's new owner. Might want to check with your dealers and have them check in to it.

Does anyone know the plug type on the wiring harness that the optional USB port plugs into? I'm planning to use that power lead for my GPS and would prefer to use the correct plug vs just tapping into the wires.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the plug type on the wiring harness that the optional USB port plugs into? I'm planning to use that power lead for my GPS and would prefer to use the correct plug vs just tapping into the wires.

Thanks!

I am planning the same thing for my Zumo. I ordered these because the connector looks identical. Unfortunately can't confirm until my bike gets fixed.

Just an fyi, my dealer told me Saturday that Moto Guzzi sent them new hose clamps that they are supposed to put on before delivering a v100 to it's new owner. Might want to check with your dealers and have them check in to it.

That would be quite annoying if my dealer missed this memo (although maybe the message wasn't received by dealers until Saturday).

Last edited:
I am planning the same thing for my Zumo. I ordered these because the connector looks identical. Unfortunately can't confirm until my bike gets fixed.
I did with this connector and it works, looks the same of the one you bought on Amazon.

ebay.it/itm/373834707319

Dayum those look good !
If I had spend more time hunting I might have found those,
but I used the I used the 2 Pin Polarized Molded SAE Connectors
The connection will be under the tank and shouldn't have to suffer than much weather ...but Those would be much better !

Rear wheel 65mm nut
The Can-Am Ryker socket arrived today, does NOT FIT.
(ps anyone with a Ryker, free socket, plus shipping)

Rear wheel 65mm nut
The Can-Am Ryker socket arrived today, does NOT FIT.
(ps anyone with a Ryker, free socket, plus shipping)
Why does it not fit?
Wall thickness? You can get it turned down if that’s the case

This may not be a truly “tech” topic, but does anyone have a recommendation for a decent (ie, not $300, but maybe around $100) left side paddock stand for the V100? I’ve seen RG, and I think a Chinese A-Pro (cheap, but any good?🤔), but I don’t know if pins in the needed 52.9mm size are available. Just wondering if maybe someone has already looked into this. Thx 👍. Cheers😁.

Shopping screen protectors for the TFT display. Does anyone know which Aprilia (or other ??) models share precisely the same size display as the V100? There seem to be economical choices in the market for a number of Aprilia options that *appear* to match the V100.

I’ve seen them (for the V100) on eBay for under $15 - “super clear” or “anti glare” or a two pack containing both . It’s on my list of accessories as well. They do appear to be the exact same as the rsv4 product.

Shopping screen protectors for the TFT display. Does anyone know which Aprilia (or other ??) models share precisely the same size display as the V100? There seem to be economical choices in the market for a number of Aprilia options that *appear* to match the V100.
Aprilia Tuareg 660 has the same screen size.

Back