• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Trim levels

Gazdok

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I am still looking at the V100. I downloaded the brochure from the official site and spoke to the local dealer.

According to the dealer there is no cornering ABS or 6-axis IMU, according to the brochure there IS??? He says Aprilia did not allow this to go to Moto Guzzi???

Correct me if I am wrong here.
Looking at the trim levels, even the basic V100 has the engine riding modes, traction control and CORNERING ABS, adjustable screen, and according to the brochure LED cornering light.

The Aviazone only seems to be a design model with grey paint and some esoteric stuff like a story and a plaque... and the only extras over the basic are heated grips and TPMS. In the UK MG are asking an extra £1250. Are the 2 extras worth that much or is this a collectors' bike?

The V100S has got the same engine, gear box and all the basic V100 kit and comes with the MIA dashboard, TPMS, Quickshifter, the electronic Öhlins suspension and heated grips. The dealer mentioned the heated comfort seat for the V100S, but that is not listed in the brochure.

The only big difference is the electronic suspension. Will I as a 3000 mile a year biker not doing track days get any benefit from the Öhlins Smart EC2.0 suspension?

It seems even MIA, a Quickshifter and TPMS can be retrofitted to a basic V100.
Are there any accessories that I can only fit to the top level?

My replies in capital letters (at least valid for the V100 sold in Italy)

According to the dealer there is no cornering ABS or 6-axis IMU, according to the brochure there IS??? He says Aprilia did not allow this to go to Moto Guzzi??? BULLS**T 6-AXIS IMU IS THERE

Looking at the trim levels, even the basic V100 has the engine riding modes, traction control and CORNERING ABS, adjustable screen, and according to the brochure LED cornering light. ALL INSTALLED ALSO ON THE BASE MODEL

The Aviazone only seems to be a design model with grey paint and some esoteric stuff like a story and a plaque... and the only extras over the basic are heated grips and TPMS. In the UK MG are asking an extra £1250. Are the 2 extras worth that much or is this a collectors' bike? THAT'S CORRECT

The V100S has got the same engine, gear box and all the basic V100 kit and comes with the MIA dashboard, TPMS, Quickshifter, the electronic Öhlins suspension and heated grips. The dealer mentioned the heated comfort seat for the V100S, but that is not listed in the brochure. HEATED COMFORT SEAT (AVAILABLE HIGHER OR LOWER) ARE OPTIONAL, YOU CAN BUY AS EXTRA

The only big difference is the electronic suspension. Will I as a 3000 mile a year biker not doing track days get any benefit from the Öhlins Smart EC2.0 suspension? I HAVE ON MY S AND I STILL BELIEVE THAT IT IS WELL SPENT MONEY, I SWAP RIDING MODES MANY TIMES ON MY RIDES AND OHLINS SUSPENSION MEAN HIGH QUALITY. I REPEAT I SPENT MY MONEY TO HAVE THEM AND I'M HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE

It seems even MIA, a Quickshifter and TPMS can be retrofitted to a basic V100.
Are there any accessories that I can only fit to the top level? NO THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE ENGINE GUARDS, CENTER STAND ETC. BROSE MOTO GUZZI WEB SITE, THERE IS A CONFIGURATOR

Reactions: BDS
Dealers often have no idea what they're talking about. Their goal is to sell bikes, not to know every single detail about them. Both versions have an IMU. The only differences between the two models are as you mentioned: MIA, TPMS, heated grips, Quickshifter, and the electronic Öhlins suspension. Everything can be retrofitted to the standard model with the exception of the electronic suspension. Neither come with the heated comfort seat (the heated seats aren't even available in the brown you see on the green S model).

… Neither come with the heated comfort seat (the heated seats aren't even available in the brown you see on the green S model).
FWIW - Back in March, I was in contact with the US Guzzi rep in NY, regarding questions I had about an order snafu. Since I was interested in a Verde S, he had this to say about the comfort seat. I quote,

With regards to your Verde S seat color, from the factory I can confirm that the seats will be brown. Unfortunately, at this time the only available color option for the heated comfort seat is in black. In the future, it will be offered in brown as well, but for now we do not have a time estimate for its availability.

Encouraging - I’ll hold off for now. I do like the uniqueness of the brown seat with the Verde color scheme- I’d like to maintain that. Cheers!

Thanks, if I get serious about a V100 I will have to decide which model...seat height is a big issue for me

Back