• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100S Pricing

OEM's are adding vents on their shields, Harley for one. I didn't word it very well. Putting the shield mid-way in its adjustment is essentially doing the same thing as far as I can determine. I looked at the CalSci shields on their website, they are pretty tall. I wonder about the strain on the mounts.
kk

In reference to my post above (#20) I was scanning the CalSci website again and fell victim to my 'you only live once gene'. It was delivered within 48 hours and with the sun back in Virginia mounted it up and took a 75-mile outing on it. I purchased the medium item.

From an aesthetic standpoint I think it is in better harmony with the bike than the Givi. At the lower setting it is about 2 inches higher than the stock. The pics below are at the highest setting.

PXL 20240329 210426256 PXL 20240329 210432092MP

It was a gusty ride this afternoon but the air behind the screen was pretty smooth, no buffeting until the screen was at or just above the minimum height. The noise was still there though, but to be fair the windy day didn't help. I will update after a quieter day. So far so good.

I have emailed CalSci as there were some issues with fitting and the hardware provided, I'm presuming I will get a response after Easter, in fairness I won't go further until I give CalSci an opportunity to respond. As with GTM I appreciate small enterprises that expand our options with quality aftermarket items.

In the meantime, if you are about to make a purchase PM me and I will provide my experience.

Cheers. T2

Last edited:
Good to hear T2. I currently have a MG touring screen with a x-creen clamped at the top. It seems to be just a little short. I’ve been waffling between CalSci and GIVI. Pros and cons exist for each… I agree, the CalSci “looks” best, and, I appreciate Steve’s knowledge and dedication. I worry a little about the vent in the rain though, as I use my phone as a GPS. Minor concern. Yes, let us know your further impressions, I’m sure you’ll be happy!

Oh how I’m glad that my low OEM wind screen works well with me without buffeting 😊
I don’t like the looks of taller screens in general, and a taller screen on the V100 doesn’t match the style of the bike.
Nonetheless I understand you guys if you have buffeting you feel a need to sort out.

I'm with Tebax in that I think the bike looks best with the OEM screens which isn't really a surprise however I do find I get a bit of buffeting especially at higher speeds. Whether I'd still get buffeting at higher speeds even with an aftermarket screen I don't know so I'm following developments here with interest.

I really like the extra peace I get while riding scenic roads behind the taller windshield. I didn't buy my V100 to look at. I bought it to ride. But it does look best without the tall shield or the top box that sits way behind the bike.

I've used CalSci in the past. They design and build nice, effective windshields.

A quick update to my post#24 above.

CalSci re-supplied corrected hardware, which I have now installed and removed the OEM hardware.

From a performance standpoint it is superior to the GIVI IMO. No buffeting at all. I have since fitted a lip to the screen so I can angle air up a bit more and that has reduced the noise. It also allows the CalSci to be lower and not feel the edge of the screen is so close. Keep in mind I have the taller OEM seat and Rox Risers - so I'm much more upright than would be the case with bike as purchased.

PXL 20240413 020815141 PXL 20240413 020921649MP

It is possible to use the OEM hardware, BUT the OEM bolt is only 20mm (vs CS M6x25) which is a bit short as the CS supplied grommets are thicker than the OEM - black M6x25mm bolts would be more secure if using the stock black spacers (and I might yet do that myself).

Both the stock and the Givi windshields are molded to fit flush to the mount points on the frame. The Givi uses the OEM wider, flatter and thinner grommet along with the other OEM fittings, however, the CalSci has curvature at the mounting points, which makes for a slightly 'cocked' look to the grommet when tightened down. It also makes it a little trickier to get the CalSci mounted regardless of which hardware is used. The CalSci screen is made of a different material I believe, is thicker, and I'm guessing does not lend itself the more intricate molding of the OEM/Givi screen mounting points.

The screen design also puts the inner edge of the mounting frame right up against the plastic of the screen. The supplied instructions suggest using electrical tape on the frame to prevent scuffing the plastic. I didn't bother, I'll take a little scuffing over using electrical tape that will get crappy & sticky quickly as the sun beats down on it. Any scuffing, if it occurs, will be out of the line of sight, and wouldn't bother me.

In summary, the CalSci is a better solution for my needs, and the lip was the final missing piece. Not everyone's cuppa tea I know, but it is working for me.

T2

Back