• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100S Reliability

skent12

Just got it firing!
I test rode a 2023 V100S yesterday and really liked the bike.

That being said I am buying the bike to tour on in the USA and I am a little concerned about reliability.

I would be going on rides with friends so the last thing I want is mechanical issues that cause delays for the group.

Would love comments on owners who have put miles on their bikes.

Also, trying to see how common that coolant leak issue is and if it has been addressed by Moto Guzzi.

Thanks!

In general only a few niggles seen on some bikes only, but corrected by dealers.
Some coolant pipe clamps replaced seems to be the most “common” issue.
Other stuff could be only one or a handful bikes, so not something to mention really.
Oh, some batches of the rear shock installation missed a washer or something like that, on the base model only, but that won’t concern you as you aim for the S model.
It’s a recall anyway which should be corrected.

Except the hardware, the rest of the tech is shared between the other brands in the Piaggio Group (mainly electronics), so no new unproven tech.
…well the active aero is ofc unique, but it’s nothing that will leave you stranded 😉

Enjoy your future V100! 🙂

"...Would love comments on owners who have put miles on their bikes."

I have about 5K miles on my S. Aside from the first day I rode it home, and a defective RPM sensor killed it after about 8 miles (which got fixed under warranty, but took 26 of the first 54 days I had it... sigh).... it's been as dependable as my prior '15 Norge - or, any other bike I've owned (more so actually, since I've not had any serious issues).

I did several overnight trips last summer, and have ridden a ton with buddies in KY, OH, IN and WV. No fails. In fact, the more miles I get on it, the better it gets (suspension and transmission are tight when new but, are smoothing out nicely). I had it out in cool weather last week, and must say, those gimmicky wings do help with deflecting cold air away from the torso). And - its a fun bike to ride hard, OR easy. There are some things you'll probably benefit from if riding tours... You may need a bigger screen, and, definitely luggage and storage options, and perhaps some nice mods along the way:).

One thing to consider... most posts about problems are due to frustration and seeking solutions. We're all like that... but, (aside from "reviews," etc) any product that isn't experiencing problems is more likely being enjoyed - and not talked about as much! So - enjoy the bike if you get it! (I don't think you'll regret it, really)...

Honestly, mine only has a little under 1000 miles on her but I think most of the little annoying teething things like the weeping radiator hose, have surfaced and been addressed by the factory.

I doubt you will have little if any issues.

Still, I would allow 30 days riding of shakedown local cruises just to be sure before departing on a long journey. That should provide you great peace of mind after some of those local rides. .

Mine clocked 11.000 km, 1 year life, lots of fun. lots of comfort on long range trips, and I'm still in love with it. Only (minor) issue small coolant leak due to 2 hose clamps changed by dealer in 5 minutes.

I'd buy it again (and again and again and again....)

I've had mine for 2 months and 2000 miles in crappy English winter weather. I've had zero issues and the bike is a joy to ride. This is my first Guzzi so I'm not exactly a fan boy if the brand but I really like this bike. Can't speak for dealers in the US obviously but my local one at least seems to have got the known issues sorted.

Northern California here with a Mandello S that has 3800 miles so far. Bought in May from Munroe Motors in SF... great dealer!

Longest ride was 1864 miles over 4-5 days in Sept. Ambient temps in the high 90's (F) and no coolant issues. Absolutely no problems. Love this thing.
Once I set the dampers to suit me the thing handles so well that is saves my dumb ass often.

This is simply AWESOME to read. Good on you.

You obviously sure do like riding your V100 because I have not heard nor seen anybody with more mileage than that!
Oh yeah! 86 miles a day round trip to work and back mon-fri since last April. My 15k service is soon, I'm usually at 16k a year so right on track 😉

Oh yeah! 86 miles a day round trip to work and back mon-fri since last April. My 15k service is soon, I'm usually at 16k a year so right on track 😉
What about the tires, how have they held up?
Did you find the original Pirelli Angel II good regarding the wear?
I assume that you at least replaced the rear one?

Last edited:
What about the tires, how have they held up?
Did you find the original Pirelli Angel II good regarding the wear?
I assume that you at least replaced the rear one?
I ride very modest and the commute is all highway so I was almost at 11k miles on the stockers and still had tread. I was guess they would have made it to 12k or more when I got a puncture in the rear. Replaced them with a set of Shinko Verge 2x for more all weather traction and highway milage.

20231123 084851

IMG 1279

I ride very modest and the commute is all highway so I was almost at 11k miles on the stockers and still had tread. I was guess they would have made it to 12k or more when I got a puncture in the rear. Replaced them with a set of Shinko Verge 2x for more all weather traction and highway milage.
Wow, that whole area around the puncture hole is kinda damaged too.
I had a similar puncture on an almost new Michelin Power Sport many years ago.
Very frustrating to replace a new expensive type again.

I have around 4000 miles on my bike so far, and can’t see so far that the rear tyre will last that many miles as yours.
And I don’t drive like a hooligan either.
Do you really consider the much cheaper Shinko tires better in wet and cold conditions?

Wow, that whole area around the puncture hole is kinda damaged too.
I had a similar puncture on an almost new Michelin Power Sport many years ago.
Very frustrating to replace a new expensive type again.

I have around 4000 miles on my bike so far, and can’t see so far that the rear tyre will last that many miles as yours.
And I don’t drive like a hooligan either.
Do you really consider the much cheaper Shinko tires better in wet and cold conditions?
I'm in Phoenix AZ so only have to deal with heat, chilly mornings and the occasional rain. I've never ridden them before but they feel good so far. The wondering from the straight grooves on the front is gone and the lean in feels better, more pointier than the Pirelli's.

I'm in Phoenix AZ so only have to deal with heat, chilly mornings and the occasional rain. I've never ridden them before but they feel good so far. The wondering from the straight grooves on the front is gone and the lean in feels better, more pointier than the Pirelli's.
I see, quite different from my area in southernmost part of Sweden.
We want our tires to be OK from start even in some degrees above freezing point too, although we prefer the warmer months 🙂

I test rode a 2023 V100S yesterday and really liked the bike.

That being said I am buying the bike to tour on in the USA and I am a little concerned about reliability.

I would be going on rides with friends so the last thing I want is mechanical issues that cause delays for the group.

Would love comments on owners who have put miles on their bikes.

Also, trying to see how common that coolant leak issue is and if it has been addressed by Moto Guzzi.

Thanks!
I have about 3K on my S. It was a very early production (VIN 0180) and absolutely no issues. Love the bike and wish I could ride it more due to health issues lately.

Back