Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V11 Sport

Discussion in 'Spine' started by Dolittle, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dolittle

Dolittle Just got it firing!

I have an owners manual but I can not find the tire pressure listed, can any one tell me what it is? The bike is an 03.
    Thanks Rich. :(

2. wildgeezer

wildgeezer Just got it firing!

Rear is 2.4 bar one up and front is 2.3 bar. About 35 and 34 psi.

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Found the specification here: http://www.guzzitek.org/utilisation/gb/ ... 1_Util.pdf

Solo, 2.2 bar (32 PSI) front, 2.4 bar (35 PSI) rear
    two up 2.3 bar (33 PSI) front. 2.5 bar (36 PSI)rear

These look to be a carry over from the recommended pressures on older bikes running bias tires, like my 1990 Mk V Le Mans.

I think these pressures are low for running radials on the street. My recommendation is 36 PSI front and 40 PSI rear, then increase each 2 PSI for heavier loads. Lower pressures 2-4 PSI for more heat in the tire that will give you more grip if you are heading for some aggressive riding like a track day. Use the pressures you think are correct. I'm sure others will add their opinions.

4. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I run 34 front and 36 rear.
    Unless you are way off it is mostly a matter of taste. More air pressure will make the bike lighter steering and more tippy (if that is a word). Less pressure will make the bike heavier steering and more stable. But too much pressure can also reduce grip and make the bike want to fall into corners too much. And too little pressure can also cause issues like make the bike feel like a truck with flat tires. But within that range there is a happy medium. I would start with the manufacturers recommendations, as John posted, and from there add or subtract a pound or two until you like the feel of the bike.
    I remember once riding a Ducati with higher air pressures then I was used to or expecting. It scared the crap out of me, the bike felt like it wanted to fall over and had no grip. Once I dropped the pressures down to what I was used to it was fine.