• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V65 S Prototype Discovered

BPRM

Just got it firing!
Recently discovered in my garage after reasembling a bunch of parts bought off Ebay (and adding a few of my own)

P7250066-1.jpg

P7250065-1.jpg

P7250064-1.jpg

This started life as an 84 SP which I believe was dropped on the right at some point. I got it off Ebay after some one had purchased it, started to disassemble it and then quit. The bike had 22,000 mi with all but the last 1,500 well documented with regular service records and improvements. The guy said that it ran well before he started the project and had tagged the removed pieces with a number system, which came in 3 large boxes. I continued to remove everything else still on including the wiring harness (fortunately).
After cleaning the engine and sanding off loose paint it was painted with DupliColor low gloss engine paint. The parts boxes turned out to contain a bunch of new stuff that he had purchaced including some cables and stuff for some other Guzzi. One of the new things was a complete stainless bolt kit which I installed on the engine after the paint, going with a gloss black on the valve covers.
Most of the remaining parts were powder coated with a 50% gloss black, the header pipes ceramic coated in flat. Since the Sp tank that came with was severely dented I searched for something else that would fit. I found a tank off a C that was in good shape for 50 bucks and also a seat for a C that would fit the tank shape. I modified the seat bracket with a pin to fit the push button release. Being as no tail light came with the parts I made one from an off the shelf trailer light and wrapped a piece of sheet metal into a tube and riveted the joint. Using a belt sander to form the radius where it fits the fender and machining a trim ring from aluminum the light was epoxied inside. The unused holes in the fender were plugged and welded. Since the side cover that came with were broken and would not fit the new tank anyway I decided to make some. After cutting the shape from aluminum sheet they were formed over a dolly using a rawhide mallet.
All the sheet metal parts were painted at the local body shop with a Toyota pearl white. The brakes were rebuilt and painted red as well as the upper springs. The exhaust is for a Lario but had been on my local dealer’s shelf for so long that he gave a great deal. I fabbed some brackets to get them to fit the mounts. I had to find a speedo and instrument housing as the old ones were damaged beyond repair, which I did and repainted. The turn signals are off the shelf and for the front I made a bar from aluminum to hold them. The headlight is generic British style.
The starter had to be replaced an electronic ignition was installed and the carbs were rebuilt and jetted to European specs. The bike runs perfectly sounds great and is more fun to ride than I would have thought.

Back