• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 850 (E5) exhaust options ?

anders

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Almost "modification season" and I`m trying to gather all the parts :) First thing will be exhaust. The stock "Arrows" in Special Edition are better than totally stock but not good. So as far as I have searched I have found;

Agostini Short mufflers regular/high mount
- look nice and I did understands they don`t have catalytic converters integrated (?)

Mistral short exhaust
- Look pretty much same as Agostini. Mounting seems to be somewhere between regular and high mount Agostinis.
- These seem to have catalytic converters integrated and I really don`t want them so I would have to drill them away. Propably that ain`t problem.

Mivv exhaust
- cheap
- O.K looking but I prefer more the retro look.

Zard exhaust
- Look is somewhere between retro and modern
- I haven`t owned any, but what I have heard Zard quality is not good.

Other options ? I like more short mufflers just because of the looks. GTM "Muffled drags" look absolutely stunning, but just by looking them I know they are too loud for me. I drive long trips and have noticed that loud exhaust makes feel "dizzy".
I don`t want V7 to be "Harley loud" but louder than stock. Has anyone compared short vs regular mufflers ?
Also can there be problems with side cases ? I`m probably using the Hepco&Becker C-bow system.
Will the lower mounter mufflers make servicing the final drive (changing oil) harder ?

One option is modding the stock Arrows (drilling the cats off and maybe even end caps). Other than that hey are just like 99% of aftermarket mufflers; perforated tube going through and wool around it...but after all the planning I feel they might look little bit too heavy cans for bike like V7.

We have threads dedicated to this. If you haven't scanned them, please do. I will likely merge this post.
Your E5 has cats in the headers AND mufflers, so it doesn't matter what you do with the mufflers.
We do not build "loud" exhaust systems per se, but sound is far too opinionated to post on.
We also offer our GP Megs linked below. Their sound is down right righteous, but most consider them loud. Those that do, clearly haven't been near an open pipe Harley.

Hi, I would just like to add that despite the already offered exhausts, it would be nice to have other design options in retro shapes like for BMW, Triumph bonneville bobber, Royal Enfield. They have some interesting dampers.

We can do those linked below for the V7-850. We’ve done a few pair of the Stingers for local owners, but no takers on the longer version below. Ago makes them too. Use the sort option on the (GTM) STORE tab above.

We have threads dedicated to this. If you haven't scanned them, please do. I will likely merge this post.
Your E5 has cats in the headers AND mufflers, so it doesn't matter what you do with the mufflers.
We do not build "loud" exhaust systems per se, but sound is far too opinionated to post on.
We also offer our GP Megs linked below. Their sound is down right righteous, but most consider them loud. Those that do, clearly haven't been near an open pipe Harley.

If you are meaning this thread it seems to be dedicated for V7 750 (?) and just for GTM products

Where the cats in the headers are ? So this thing really has totally four catalytic converters :D That is pretty much for bike like V7.

I didn`t mean your products would sound like harleys but just by looking them, I`m pretty sure they are too loud for me. My previous bike had catalytic converter and all the other things removed that could block the exhaust gas flow. Termignoni slip-ons without db-killers and it was really nice for short trips but after 300km it started to make me feel dizzy and tired.

Because of my location it`s practically impossible for (poor) me to buy full GTM exhaust. Taxes and customs rise the costs so much that final price would be; (product price + shipping costs) x ~1.3 = ~2000$
Things like SAS Block etc. are easier because the rise is not so much in money.

BTW. Does V7 E4 exhaust fit to E5 ?

If you are meaning this thread it seems to be dedicated for V7 750 (?) and just for GTM products

Where the cats in the headers are ? So this thing really has totally four catalytic converters :D That is pretty much for bike like V7.

BTW. Does V7 E4 exhaust fit to E5 ?
No, the one linked below. Covers those we offer on our sister site via the STORE link at the top of the page.
Yes, 4 cats per bike.
No, E4 does NOT fit the E5 850 models.

No, the one linked below. Covers those we offer on our sister site via the STORE link at the top of the page.
Yes, 4 cats per bike.
No, E4 does NOT fit the E5 850 models.

Thanks. Maybe my original post could be combined/moved to that thread and this thread deleted.

Do you know where the header cats exactly are ? I would assume that they are in the straight part.

Back