• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Is there any manufacturer making aftermarket "passenger grab bar" that looks like the one in the V7 850 Special ? Or is the only option to find used original ?

I have cut down numerous shields. A little tip, once you smooth out the edge with fine grit sand paper. Take a little M.E.K. on a rag and carefully run it along the edge to smooth it out. It melts the plastic just enough to give it that smooth factory looking finish.
It’s nasty stuff so make sure to wear gloves and a face mask.

Agostini makes a black one for the Stone models.
af1racing.com/af1-amv7850mani-agostini-passenger-grab-bar-black-for-v7-e5-850cc-af1-amv7850mani

Thanks but there is a minor difference between the "original" and Agostini. I know it`s very small detail (the bending) but in my eyes it makes big difference :(

Is there any manufacturer making aftermarket "passenger grab bar" that looks like the one in the V7 850 Special ? Or is the only option to find used original ?
Here you go from an eBay seller, $147. Grab it quick before someone else buys it.

ebay.com/itm/314124895748

The Centenario now has hazard flashers. Slightly more complicated than anticipated as the indicators feed individually into the instruments. Other than that I decided to have them on a permanent feed rather than switched so I've a hidden switch.
An easier method than my previous post.

Not my idea - found on the internet, an Italian group I think from memory.

Plug 61 - Accessory Alarm / heated grips, is a 3 wire plug with Yellow, Blue & Orange wires. Momentarily shorting the Yellow & blue gives you 4 way hazard flashers. Even better you can switch the ignition off and the flashers remain working. Switching the ignition back on cancels the flashers.
I used a non latching momentary button.

Costs - the momentary button.

I`m new in here, so sorry if this is not the right topic to ask questions :) If so, admins can delete this and I`ll start new topic.

V7 850 really feels the first bike that is "almost ready" from the factory but of course there is some things that I would like to mod.

1. What type of side bag/pannier systems do you use ? I had Hepco&Becker C-Bow system in my previous bike and still have the C-Bow Orbit cases, but I`m not sure do they fit the "retro style" that V7 is.

2. Those who have tail-tidy; how much it worse it makes riding in the wet conditions ? I try to avoid riding in the rain but in here (Finland) no matter how sunny day it is, rain will always catch you at some point :D The rear is absolutely the worst part of V7 design.

3. How about tail-tidy and side-bags ? If you have both, can anyone see your tail light & blinkers anymore ?

4. Is there differences between different manufacturers crash bars/engine guards ? In case of falling/crash my insurance company would propably just "buy the bike" and give me a new one, but when touring it`s important that I can continue the trip with minimal damages.

5. Where the **** passenger is suppose to hold on (Stone model) :D There is nothing to grab except the strip in the saddle and I`m not sure is it even possible.

This thread is full of nice looking bikes and good ideas :)
Late to the party, as I just joined the forum. Am pretty much in the same position you are: looking at a few tweaks and mods to make my bike perfect. I can only speak to:

#1 I went with Longrides and am very happy
#4 Looked at both Givi and MG crash guards. Went with MG and, one minor incident later, am very satisfied with their performance. Keep us posted !

Modifications to my 2022 Moto Guzzi V7 Centenario 850 so far include:
* OEM Euro LED turn signals
* OEM Tank Protection (rubber knee pads)
* OEM Moto Guzzi Touring Screen
* OEM Moto Guzzi Adjustable Clutch Lever and Brake Lever
* OEM USB socket installation kit, I have tapped ignition switched power from this for a FuzeBlocks FZ-1 that so far runs a QuadLock wireless charging head and a Garmin Zumo XT navigation unit
* La Poderosa Goods saddlebags (25L each) with their saddle bag supports and rear rack
* ABUS SH 68/69 Padlock Support, this tucks in behind the pannier mount on one side to store an Abus Granit Victory X-Plus 68 that I use to lock the front brake disc when parked
* Hepco & Becker engine crash guards
* SW Motech 1 inch Sweep Back Bar Riser Set
* Pyramid Extenda Fenda Matte Black, this fender extender keeps rain splash down and the motorcycle cleaner
* FAR brand 243mm folding mirrors, these were factory equipment on some KTM models and make for easy fold away mirrors that don't stand out as much as the Doubletake mirrors in my opinion
* ROK Straps used to secure a duffel bag for extra touring capacity

Tailofthedragon

Some parts I have purchased but not yet installed:
* Hepco & Becker center stand
* Agostini Full Length Slip-Ons Black
* UpMap Kit

Areas of interest for future mods:
* OEM heated grips if they are ever released. I like well integrated OEM components and controls. If I give up on waiting I'll likely install Oxford HotGrips Pro.
* Aux lighting
* Denali SoundBomb horn. These can be heard in many loud situations such as around other motorcycles and at highway speed.
* Under engine protection. I ride a fair amount of gravel and dirt backroads.
* Continental Road Attack 4 tires once they release an 18" front for the V7. So far I have run the OEM Dunlop Arrowmax Streetsmart tires and Pirelli Sport Demons, the Sport Demons were surprisingly a downgrade in terms of traction and wear.

Late to the party, as I just joined the forum. Am pretty much in the same position you are: looking at a few tweaks and mods to make my bike perfect. I can only speak to:

#1 I went with Longrides and am very happy
#4 Looked at both Givi and MG crash guards. Went with MG and, one minor incident later, am very satisfied with their performance. Keep us posted !

I tried different options for side bags with photoshop and decided to try C-Bow Orbits first. They are pretty small and won`t "stretch" because of the hard plastic. Also the C-Bow brackets aren`t the prettiest. But I`ll change them to leather bags or something later if they don`t match my needs. If I wouldn`t already have the orbit cases I would have tried something else. Side bag systems are pretty expensive and with H&B I can be sure that rear rack will fit. I decided to buy rear rack too because the Orbit cases are not big enough for touring.

What comes to the crash guards I decided to buy the OEM. It seems to be the only option that surely won`t damage the frame in case of falling. Haven`t bought it yet because I`m too broke :D

Installed the OEM rubber pads for fuel tank. Baak rear fender but that`s pretty much for now. In the future I will buy;
-SAS delete kit
-EVAP delete
-Upmap
-Agostini/Mistral exhaust or probably just drill db-killers off from Arrows.

Something in the riding position is also wrong for me. Neck/back starts to hurt after ~250miles. Haven`t figured out yet what causes that. I`m 177cm tall and google claims that`s 5.8feet.

I tried different options for side bags with photoshop and decided to try C-Bow Orbits first. They are pretty small and won`t "stretch" because of the hard plastic. Also the C-Bow brackets aren`t the prettiest. But I`ll change them to leather bags or something later if they don`t match my needs. If I wouldn`t already have the orbit cases I would have tried something else. Side bag systems are pretty expensive and with H&B I can be sure that rear rack will fit. I decided to buy rear rack too because the Orbit cases are not big enough for touring.

What comes to the crash guards I decided to buy the OEM. It seems to be the only option that surely won`t damage the frame in case of falling. Haven`t bought it yet because I`m too broke :D

Installed the OEM rubber pads for fuel tank. Baak rear fender but that`s pretty much for now. In the future I will buy;
-SAS delete kit
-EVAP delete
-Upmap
-Agostini/Mistral exhaust or probably just drill db-killers off from Arrows.

Something in the riding position is also wrong for me. Neck/back starts to hurt after ~250miles. Haven`t figured out yet what causes that. I`m 177cm tall and google claims that`s 5.8feet.
For what it’s worth, I installed handlebar risers and it made a huge difference to comfort on longer rides

For what it’s worth, I installed handlebar risers and it made a huge difference to comfort on longer rides

It`s really hard to tell what`s wrong in the riding position or is it something in the riding gear. Is there a way to test do I need risers ? And after all risers are pretty much what you can do to change the riding position :D

It`s really hard to tell what`s wrong in the riding position or is it something in the riding gear. Is there a way to test do I need risers ? And after all risers are pretty much what you can do to change the riding position :D
Those with more experience wrenching (i.e. everybody else on this board) would be better placed to answer. My take was that risers were relatively inexpensive and easy to install and to remove so, worst case, I take them off and sell them on ebay.

I'm at the other end of the range being vertically challenged but with longish arms. I felt disconnected with the OEM bars so now have lsl flat bars that bring more weight forward. Took 3 bars to get what I wanted thought. Those and the rear sets and it feels great. Experimentation is the order of the day

Those with more experience wrenching (i.e. everybody else on this board) would be better placed to answer. My take was that risers were relatively inexpensive and easy to install and to remove so, worst case, I take them off and sell them on ebay.

Maybe I`ll give SW-Motech risers a try. They are cheap, so cheap that there is no sense to sell them if they don`t do the magic :D I`m assuming 1"/25mm rise won`t cause any problems with cables (?)
Pegs are obviously too high for me, but that`s a thing a can live with. They don`t cause pain, only "numb" feeling to feet which can easily delt with little stretching even riding.

Beware !
I had some risers on the Honda, ordered a different set for Guzzi, they didn’t Fit, had to take the ones off the Honda and put them on the Guzzi.
The black ones for the Guzzi fit on the Honda ????

Buy them from GTech, you’re garantied they’ll fit 👍

Maybe I`ll give SW-Motech risers a try. They are cheap, so cheap that there is no sense to sell them if they don`t do the magic :D I`m assuming 1"/25mm rise won`t cause any problems with cables (?)
Pegs are obviously too high for me, but that`s a thing a can live with. They don`t cause pain, only "numb" feeling to feet which can easily delt with little stretching even riding.
Can't say exactly how much, but the cables do have enough slack to accommodate risers. Fairly certain if you search the boards there are other threads that address this in detail.

"SW Motech 1 inch Sweep Back Bar Riser Set for V7 e5 TW-LEH.00.039.21001/B" that's what I'm running on my V7 850 Stone E5 without cable issues.

Back