• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Classic front & rear suspension

Paxo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi

I've asked several suppliers about this and they have all been unable to help me with alternatives. I noticed someone here mentioned they have fitted Wilbers rear units and progressive springs. Do you remember what model/code numbers these were? Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Paxo

Paxo, Guzzitech here in the US offers suspension upgrades for the smallblock. Take a look at what they have.

Cartridge emulators might be another option, and a little cheaper too.

Joe

There are a number of options at Wilbers, all depending on how many settings you want to play with- and pay for.
Even the cheapest option, the ECO's, (# 530-0097-00, € 700) are delivered and adjusted for your personal specs.

http://www.wilbers-shop.de/motorradwelt.php

The quality is very fine, and the prices are following...
You may also want to look at the YSS, but you may have to import from outside EU, as they doesn't seem to offer suitable shocks for the V7C from the Netherland based EU-general agent.

http://www.yss-europe.eu/main.php/sec3/ ... klink_id=1

The AUS Icons are said to be good, and at least a traditional brand (well, that's Koni's) for Guzzis. Don't know anything about them.

http://www.ikonsuspension.com/v1.0/cont ... ml#ikon-uk

Have a 750 Breva and installed YSS shocks on rear and the upgraded kit for the forks. Got all the parts from guzzi tech. Everything fit and works. Todd is a great help. About a 1/2 days work to do the forks and about an hour for the shocks.
Can't say enough about how it improved the bike. It just plants in the twistys and the dive is now gone under heavy breaking. Of course you can adjust everything to the ride you want. Any questions feel free.

Hi All

Thanks for the replies. The main problem for the suppliers I've spoken to is the top rear suspension mount of the V7 Classic not having enough frame clearance. I haven't been able to find any pix of the Breva rear units with this area showing, so If you are able to post any showing how your units fit plus the model number I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again, Paxo

To install rear shocks I had to remove the two plastic tool bag holders and trim some of the underside of the fender. The compression adjust can be made with the seat removed rebound very easy to get to. I've also seen the shocks installed the other way but it makes it hard to get to the compression adjustment.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    873.2 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    691.9 KB · Views: 1,400
Paxo said:
Hi All

Thanks for the replies. The main problem for the suppliers I've spoken to is the top rear suspension mount of the V7 Classic not having enough frame clearance. I haven't been able to find any pix of the Breva rear units with this area showing, so If you are able to post any showing how your units fit plus the model number I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again, Paxo

I have a pair of Bitubo shocks with the piggyback reservoir and they mount with the reservoir at the bottom with no clearance issues. It is, however, a real pain to adjust the preload because the mufflers get in the way and there isn't enough room to turn the spanner. All the damping adjustments are accessible, but you need a mirror to see the scale.

The shocks themselves work really well. I can't compare them ot the stock ones because they came with the bike.

sign216 said:
Paxo, Guzzitech here in the US offers suspension upgrades for the smallblock. Take a look at what they have.

Cartridge emulators might be another option, and a little cheaper too.

Joe

Hi Joe

Final question! Cartridge emulators; what are they, what do they do and who makes them?

Cheers, Paxo

Cartridge emulators are made by Race Tech: http://www.racetech.com/

They are for front forks, making standard dampers perform like cartridge forks. I've never used them, although they've gotten a lot of good press. Reportedly they are not too hard to install and are less expensive than cartridge forks. They are around $150-200 US.

If anyone has used them on Guzzi smallblocks let us know!

Joe

Racetech doesn't have a set that will fit the smallblock. Best bet is with Guzzitech. They use YSS and Todd makes spacers that fit the guzzi forks.
I've installed them on my Breva. They are easy to install but take some time to get adjusted right. The only way to adjust them is to tear dowm the forks which in my case is remove the handlebars, remove the fork caps, spacers, springs and then take a pair of those long pickups and grab the valves out of the fork tubes. Make your adjustment reinstall the valves check the oil level in the tubes and put everything back. You keep doing this untill there just right and your happy. I found it worth the trouble to do it right becouse when you get it right they'll see your smile from the pit wall.

nutman said:
Racetech doesn't have a set that will fit the smallblock. Best bet is with Guzzitech. They use YSS and Todd makes spacers that fit the guzzi forks.
I've installed them on my Breva. They are easy to install but take some time to get adjusted right. The only way to adjust them is to tear dowm the forks which in my case is remove the handlebars, remove the fork caps, spacers, springs and then take a pair of those long pickups and grab the valves out of the fork tubes. Make your adjustment reinstall the valves check the oil level in the tubes and put everything back. You keep doing this untill there just right and your happy. I found it worth the trouble to do it right becouse when you get it right they'll see your smile from the pit wall.

YSS carries the PD valves (cartridge emulators) for the Breva and V7, but I need to know the inner diameter of the forks.
Does anybody know?
Any reviews good or bad on the PD valves?

Back