Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 Classic rough patch at 3500 rpm

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Cylvabirch, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Cylvabirch

Cylvabirch Just got it firing!

Hi, I hope someone here can help me.
    I have a 2011 model V7 Classic that has covered 12500 miles, 3500 with me over the last two years.
    I have an issue with the bike running sweetly up to 3000 rpm and above 4000 rpm but in between it just does not feel happy and I have ended up trying to avoid running it at about 3500 because it is unpleasant and has vibrations.
    The map was updated last year by a Guzzi main dealer and the throttle synchronisation and by-pass settings have been very carefully set by an expert Guzzi tech here in U.K. I have fitted a Finebau Forge Aeroplus-Lite on its default setting to clean up the awkward running at low speed when cold or very hot. The valve clearances are exactly correct.
    Any ideas? Is there an inherent issue with the V7 engine that it has a vibration period in this rev range?
    David.

2. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Have you replaced your spark plugs and caps?
    sparkplugs with NGK CPR8EA-9 and sparkplug caps with NGK XD05F.

3. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Have a look at the TPS, May need a good cleaning or replacement.

4. organfixsing

organfixsing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

My V7II vibrates a little 3000 to 3500 revs. At one stage the vibration suddenly increased in magnitude. Investigation revealed that I had neglected to lock up the left hand inlet valve tappet. Readjusted and locked, problem solved, but, back to the minor vibration between 3K & 3.5K revs.
    Cheers
    Brian :)