• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 CNC Levers

Godfrey

High Miler
GT Famiglia
Got it! First NEW bike ever...I normally buy pre-depreciated bikes but I couldn't wait for this one. Got some plans for some bitchin mods.

OK ok not a lot of mods yet I just picked it up. MOD 1 = Wheel swap for the cast wheels so I don't have to polish chrome OR worry about tubes! And they look super bitchin so theres that :rock:

Congrats!
The cast wheels look great, and I like your levers. Is the make ASV? Where did you get them ... ebay? Grazie!

G

I can't comment on the clutch lever as haven't tried it, but I have the Pazzo long brake lever on my Anniversario and it is a huge improvement. Looks great, fits my hand much better (in terms of the bend in it) and I love the adjust-ability.

There are a few posts here with people having issues with the clutch levers as the adjuster apparently does not take up enough slack.

Last edited:
I ordered a set of the Pazzo shorty levers (titanium levers, red adjuster); they arrived yesterday. Fitting them took only a few minutes.

The brake lever is just right and a better fit to my hand than the stock one when the adjuster is set to position 4 or 5. It's a nice snug fit in the master cylinder and pivot bolt... The stock one was assembled with very little grease and I could see a tiny bit of wear on the pivot bolt beginning already. I greased it more liberally when I reassembled it (it doesn't take much... :)). The lever lets my pinky stay on the bars when I'm braking and puts the engagement and braking point right where my hand has the most strength and best feel.

The clutch lever needs to be at position 5 or 6 on the click stop to get the range of motion and cable adjustment right. It's a snug fit on the pivot bolt, unlike the stock lever (which uses a plastic insert around the pivot bolt to give it smooth action). Again, I greased the lever and the pivot bolt liberally and at position 5 the adjustment dialed in almost immediately. It's much better on my hand than the stock lever, engaging at just the right point and letting my pinky and ring finger hang off the lever (more comfortable since I have a bit of problem with those two fingers occasionally), but I think I need to rotate the lever forwards a few degrees and move it inwards on the bar a couple mm to get the perfect fit I'm looking for.

In sum: While the stock levers fit my hands reasonably well, these levers are definitely a step up and worth the money for me. The brake lever in particular really matches my hand and control needs perfectly: I was much more comfortable tossing the bike around on the Sses on my way out to dinner last night because I could touch the brakes with just the right force and just the right timing more easily. :D

"Every little detail counts."

I love my Pazzo levers also. I gave the eBay ones a chance first and the fitment was off. And I agree, the brake lever position feels so much better now

Follow up:
I rotated the clutch lever forward about 15° and pushed it about 5mm further inwards on the handlebar.

Now the clutch lever feels as natural and excellent as the brake lever, engagement is at just the right point, and there's no strain whatever on my forearm when I'm holding the clutch released. I took the bike for a test ride ... The clutch is far more controllable and easy, just like the braking.

Amazing how small a change can make a "good" setting into "fantastic!" And what it means to the bike overall...! :D

And another follow up:

I took a longer ride to visit my local Moto Guzzi dealer this morning. The shop is about 40 miles away over some of the most heavily trafficked highway in the area. It's frighteningly beat up road from all the heavy trucks and commute traffic that flows over it every day, and it's beat the heck out of me in the past. Today was different ...

- With the suspension updates dialed in*, the road just flowed along without the bike trying to toss me. I could feel the suspension both front and rear working like mad as the surface undulated rippled, but none of that busy-ness was transmitted to the bars or the seat. Fantastic!

- The new clutch and brake levers, fitted correctly and adjusted properly, make operating the bike SO much easier and more confidence inspiring! I feel much more in control of the machine and make it go precisely where I want without thinking now. It is simply amazing how this small detail change to the ergonomics has improved the feel of the entire bike!

* On a couple of long, low frequency undulations in the pavement, I felt a little bit more residual rear suspension movement than I liked. So, at the dealership, I added one click of additional rebound damping on each rear suspension unit. On the way back, that movement was gone. Gods, I love adjustable suspension that actually works! :D

And a funny moment:

I ordered a couple of bits from Guzzi through this dealer in March. The parts guy, Jim, has been calling me regularly to say, "Sorry, but the darn things haven't shown up yet." "No problem, Jim. I'm sure they'll show up soon." So today I arrived at the shop, Jim had just walked outside, and he walked around the Racer admiring the Kineo wheels. "Sorry, but your parts haven't arrived yet," he said. "Oh, that's all right. I just want to order a couple of bolts as spares that I'm sure you don't have in stock either." He rolled his eyes.

We go inside, I get to chatting with the sales guy for a moment, and I hear a, "Holy Cow!" from behind the parts desk. I turn around just as Jim turns to me and plops my two parts on the counter. "They arrived half an hour ago. I just hadn't opened the box yet to check it in. Darn but you have good timing!' I laughed; "Yeah, sure. Let's order these bolts and I'll see if my timing is as good when they show up, perhaps in the Fall."

Both Jim and the sales guy almost fell over laughing. I love these guys. :D

Back