• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 has arrived !!!

draidt

High Miler
GT Contributor
Bought to the Dallas Motor Cycle Show by a new dealer RPM.

It's already sold !

V7atDallas.jpg

So, how'd it look in person? Much interest at the show in it?

Hello;

It looks really nice in person. The Fit and Finish are good, the proportions of the bike are good. They were not letting people sit on it as it was sold already....

It was hard to judge interest as I was only there for 15 minutes or so. However the staff seemed to be enthusiastic about it, and that will sell some bikes ...

The new dealer is very enthusiastic about MG. He bought the RPM dealership from the previous owners. They were exclusively Triumph. He has added Piaggio to this line up with the MG line and the Aprilia line. THen he is moving his dealership from the back of an industrial complex on to a very visible location right on I-35 in Dallas. This location will see over 40 million cars passing by every year. He will be inbetween a Honda / Suzuki dealership and a non-brand chinese/korean import bike sales outlet.

He is Italian by birth and is very fond of the MG line. He even has bought a huge roadside bill board advertizing MG/Aprilia and the Dealership. I'll try to get a pix next time I am passing it.

So, while Piaggio was not at the show, MG was very well represented by this dealer.

It looks really nice in person. The Fit and Finish are good, the proportions of the bike are good. They were not letting people sit on it as it was sold already....

That just about sums it up.......they wouldn't want people to sit on it for fear of putting off potential buyers: I did have a sit and that seat is as hard as granite!......although my local dealer did say their demo one has softened up a bit with use.........but it was so uncomfortable new that I'd want to try a worn-in one before I handed over my cash.

My Breva has a hard seat as well. I tell everyone it is part of the high quality of Guzzi: only the finest Carerra marble is used for the seats.

I bought an AirHawk and put it on. The bike went from a 2 hr max ride to an all day ride.

Guzzi has been bi-polar when it comes to seats. As the turn of this decade, their bikes came with "hard as rock" seats (for the most part), then Aprilia took over, and they became "soft as a couch" on the showroom floor. What most learned is that in less then two hours on the soft seat, they sacked out the foam to the plastic seat pan rendering it horrible as well.
If you give the "hard seat" break-in time, say 500~1000 miles, I bet you'll find them very good. A hunk of sheepskin or equivalent makes it easier yet.
Most of the good aftermarket seat co's foam is very firm for starters as well, though, perhaps hidden by gel pads these days... So seat time, and lots of it, is key to a happy tush.

radan2 wrote:
My Breva has a hard seat as well. I tell everyone it is part of the high quality of Guzzi: only the finest Carerra marble is used for the seats.

I bought an AirHawk and put it on. The bike went from a 2 hr max ride to an all day ride.

I found the standard seat very comfortable when I bought the Breva.
But as it was way too low for my long legs I had to rebuild it. But I can second Todd here.
Soft seats might be nice for your butt for a while, your back will suffer. IME.

We did take a sheepskin with us for this years USA tour, this time we went from Hamilton down to the ferry, sailed to Ohio and went to California Oregon & Washington then back via a more northern route.
The Sheepskin did make a bit of difference, but not much.
Next year we will be taking Gel pads or something, not yet decided, but will look at the Air Hawk.
Ride Safe & Have Fun

motoguzziman wrote:
We did take a sheepskin with us for this years USA tour, this time we went from Hamilton down to the ferry, sailed to Ohio and went to California Oregon & Washington then back via a more northern route.
The Sheepskin did make a bit of difference, but not much.
Next year we will be taking Gel pads or something, not yet decided, but will look at the Air Hawk.
Ride Safe & Have Fun

The Air-Hawks are said to be comfortable, though I cannot see how to be able to drive in a more spirited way, sitting on a cushion which is held in place by a pair of strings.
I don't move around a lot, but in the real twisties I want the freedom to move my butt.
So for me the gel-padded rebuild seat was the best choice.

I have an Airhawk on my 1000S, & the Norge/Breva lower seat, which includes a gel pad, on my Norge. Stock seat on the 1000S was & is brutally hard, & permanently so. Ten minutes without the Airhawk, & I'm already feeling it. Airhawk made it comfortable for a long day's ride. Lowered gel seat on the Norge is actually more comfortable than the higher, thicker but non-gel stock seat. The real problem with the stock Norge seat for me was that it was already too tall for my 29' inseam, so adding an Airhawk on top of that would have been impossible. On the other hand, if I was really tall, that would have been an advantage. Big advantage of Airhawk is that it can easily be moved form bike to bike, eliminating the need for expensive seat upgrades on each bike. Also, gel seats get really, really hot when left to sit in the sun. Airhawk does not. Finally, proper usage of Airhawk mandates just barely enough air to just lift you off the seat below. By no means are you floating around on a big cushion-unless you have overinflated the thing, which makes it much less comfortable anyway. Airhawks now come with a couple of straps. My experience is that they don't hardly move around at all, properly inflated. Though, I am not inclined to move around a whole lot, no matter how twisty the road. I'm happy with tthe Airhawk on my 1000S, as are many others I have seen reporting on line, and also happy with the lower gel seat on my Norge. They both get the job done.

Back