Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V7 II Stone handlebar ideas

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by SdGuzzi, May 10, 2017.

1. SdGuzzi

SdGuzzi Just got it firing!

Hi I have a 2016 V7 II Stone. I just bought a solo seat from a V7 Racer and was looking to get some sportier handlebars. I've looked at the Agostini Sport Drop bars and I think they are a little too aggresive since I also ride 2 up sometimes. What do you guys think of the LSL Superbike bars? I can't figure out how much of a difference from the stock handelbars there is. Thank you.

2. Kyle Lamson

Kyle Lamson Tuned and Synch'ed

I moved up to risers and flat 'drag bars' on my Racer because the clip ons were too much on my wrists. I am really happy with the compromise. Still forward and sporty but much more comfortable. Todd sells a pair on the site that would be a straight forward swap for the Stone.

https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/lsl-78-drag-bar/

3. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm running V7 racer clip on's on my stone plus rear sets and for me it's good no back or wrist problems.
    I'm 5'6" and old 60 so harden up lol!

4. SdGuzzi

Lol, I guess I'll switch out if I ever do touring?

5. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

When I go riding I will make it normally around a 2 hour ride no worries at all I'm not even thinking about stopping I just keep riding
    Living the dream;)
    Everyone is different but for me it's great I think if I was sitting more upright my backside would suffer.

6. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

A bit off topic, but if you do switch bars and are looking to get rid of your oem black bars let me know! My special has chrome bars and would rather have black ones. Im in SD also ;)

7. SdGuzzi

Very cool. I'll let you know, I generally like keeping all stock parts but I will definitely think about it. You should come out when torque moto café does a bike night next time.

8. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

Sounds good, when is the next one?

9. SdGuzzi

I pm'd you.

Also has anybody tried the superbike low bars? I am still trying to make it comfortable for two-up riding.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  10. Kacey3

Kacey3 Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd love to hear (and see) what you ultimately decide on. I'm in the same boat, I would prefer a slightly more aggressive position, but we bought the bike for two-up riding, so that is definitely a consideration.

SdGuzzi likes this.
  11. Joe Kletch

Joe Kletch Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have the LSL Superbike bars, but I can't recall if they are low or standard. I'll sell them if you want to try them. They are drilled for 2014 V7 Stone controls.

I bought them because they wider, with the hopes I could see behind me using LSL Clubman mirrors, but it didn't help. So I put the stock bars back on and went with bar-end mirrors. With the wider LSL bars I felt there was more buzz causing my hands to go numb.

12. SdGuzzi

That sounds like it would be a good idea.

13. Robebop

Robebop Tuned and Synch'ed

what about clubman bars, similar to clip ons but sit higher

14. jpv7

jpv7 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I was thinking about the LSL Speed bars...photo of them on bike is in the Store.

GTM® likes this.
  15. SdGuzzi

What are the specs on the stock bars?

16. Wahoo650

Wahoo650 Tuned and Synch'ed

Anyone running "M" bars? I too have been thinking about something a little more aggressive but not as low as clubman. Have seen them on a few triumphs over the years and know of a few sources.