RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we are in the crazy times for orders. Lead times are long, so we can't do much to rush things. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (mainly August), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and also, we aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum before starting a new topic, and as a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

V7 III 820cc Big Bore Kit

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 13, 2017.

?

I...

1. Love this and plan on doing it to my V7 III

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Am content with stock power

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I just got the new forged 820cc pistons in yesterday. These are drop-in, meaning no crank re-balancing required. First install is happening on our RentAGuzzi/RideMalibu V7 III Racer soon. I'll post more with dyno info as we go.
    If you want to secure a set, click on the pic below or HERE. I did a very small batch run to start. Yes this will require my ECU FT for a corrected map.
    You can have your cylinders bored and re-coated yourself, or I will try to offer a core exchange at additional cost of course. Contact me direct for more info direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Forged and weight matched 820cc piston on left, stock on right:
    [​IMG]

DK-V7classic likes this.
  2. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

If i had a V7III Absolutely! :)

3. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

I depends on the dyno results the cost off the total package..... cylinder kit, fueling changes, etc....

Paul

4. gyrorex

gyrorex Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Todd,
    Do you have those for the older, Herron head V7's as well?
    Thanks, Rex

5. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

2nd this...

more power!!!! as Tim the tool man Taylor would grunt at it...

6. GT-Rx®

Poppe and TimmyTheHog like this.
  7. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

8. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ooh!

If you have a V7/V7II and you really want some power, and if you're coming down to California to have Todd do the installation, you should consider the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit!

I would wager that the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit delivers more power and torque than even the new 820cc kit for the V7III, but Todd only sells the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit with installation by Guzzi-Tech. The advantage of the drop-in 820cc kit using the stock 2V Heron heads is that Todd sells those for your own installation, but if you're already thinking of coming down for a drop-in 820cc big bore kit installation...

BENITO, TimmyTheHog and GT-Rx® like this.
  9. BENITO

BENITO Just got it firing!

Can anyone provide 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit ballpark figures on cost and gains? I may be interested in upgrading the v711 this fall/winter

10. GT-Rx®

l covered in the thread you linked to... or email me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

11. GT-Rx®

Going together.
    820 piston in, stock below.

IMG_1641.JPG

12. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I wanna see the dyno.
    I wanna ride that bike.

13. Tequilasunriser

Tequilasunriser Just got it firing!

Looks awesome! Any updated dyno info on this drop-in kit?

14. GT-Rx®

Tequilasunriser and BearV7 like this.
  15. lucydad

lucydad Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Impressive indeed

16. racer-7

racer-7 Just got it firing! GT Site Contributor!

I don’t write reviews, but this time I had to--it’s that good.
    I am an engineer with 15 motorcycles—3 guzzi’s--and I have a knack for finding faults but I can’t find a fault with this set up. It’s perfection!

I installed this mod on my V7-3 racer--GTM V7 820 Big Bore, GTM GP Exhaust and the GTM ECU Flash. Everyone knows the V7 is a fun bike, but with this upgrade it’s fun squared. Every twist of the wrist is happiness and satisfying. The throttle response is spot on. The power curve is straight and true. The monster torque is present everywhere. The sound of the GTM GP exhaust sound--ahhh the sound--is addicting.

I would like to thank Todd Eagan and his crew for their support and his passion for the Moto Guzzi brand. It’s really impressive what GTM does with these wonderful V-twin motors. Todd and his crew really know what they are doing. If you want to experience the passion and true performance of these wonderful engines, this is one of the mods.

Thanks Todd and GTM Crew

17. GT-Rx®

Poppe likes this.