• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III GTM Muffled Drags

Just curious if you are still hanging around these parts Ajackz, and if so any video or audio update? I'd be interested to both see & hear more about how these pipes worked out for you, esp how they sound underpower and going through a few gears.
I was never able to replicate the audio as well as the start up video that I posted so I ended up not messing with it anymore.

They sound great, but when people say they are loud… they mean it. Even inside my shoei rf1200 I like to put my ear foamies in.

I was never able to replicate the audio as well as the start up video that I posted so I ended up not messing with it anymore.

They sound great, but when people say they are loud… they mean it. Even inside my shoei rf1200 I like to put my ear foamies in.
Would you say it’s uncomfortably loud? When I took the db killers out of my Ago’s I was a bit self conscious about the sound (also vividly remember a little girl across the street covering her ears when i started up the bike hahaha) but I got used to it shortly after and think it sounds great as is. The look of the drag pipes is definitely calling to me though.

For anyone that’s installed these on the V7 850, reading through the thread I’m seeing things about plugging the holes on the headers for the o2 sensors, can I still run it with the o2 sensors in? Just asking since so I’m looking at installing mine this weekend and wanna have everything I need beforehand or if I have to go out and get something to plug it with.

For anyone that’s installed these on the V7 850, reading through the thread I’m seeing things about plugging the holes on the headers for the o2 sensors, can I still run it with the o2 sensors in? Just asking since so I’m looking at installing mine this weekend and wanna have everything I need beforehand or if I have to go out and get something to plug it with.
E5 V9 owner here, so not exactly apples to apples. That said, I'm currently running open exhaust with O2 sensors IN using an UpMap tune that disables the sensors. Regardless of state of tune, I can think of very few (if any) situations that would REQUIRE you to remove the O2 sensors. Shouldn't have any deleterious effects.

E5 V9 owner here, so not exactly apples to apples. That said, I'm currently running open exhaust with O2 sensors IN using an UpMap tune that disables the sensors. Regardless of state of tune, I can think of very few (if any) situations that would REQUIRE you to remove the O2 sensors. Shouldn't have any deleterious effects.
Exactly the answer I was looking for. I’m running UpMap with the sensors disabled as well on the V7 so I imagine it will be the exact same. Thanks for the reply!

So I just installed these on my V7 850 but have run into a problem. Are there adapters that are supposed to fit the o2 sensors? Currently they don’t fit and one sides o2 sensor doesn’t seem to reach lol

I got tempted and started it up and ouch these are loud lol I’m hoping it’s extra loud because of the place where o2 sensors go is open and that the sound will come down when that’s fixed. I’m coming for a set of Ago’s so it’ll be interesting to compare.

They look great on the Centenario though.

IMG 9112 IMG 9113 IMG 9114

So I just installed these on my V7 850 but have run into a problem. Are there adapters that are supposed to fit the o2 sensors? Currently they don’t fit and one sides o2 sensor doesn’t seem to reach lol
There should’ve been adapters in the box to take them from M18 down to the stock M12 sensors. Write us direct if you can’t find them.
You need to unclip the sensor wires from the holding clips under the tank. Next one we have in the shop I’ll do a how to.
I don’t talk about sound any more. Compared to stock everything is louder. They sound awesomely perfect to everyone that’s heard it.
DO NOT RUN the bike without the sensors in place.

There should’ve been adapters in the box to take them from M18 down to the stock M12 sensors. Write us direct if you can’t find them.
You need to unclip the sensor wires from the holding clips under the tank. Next one we have in the shop I’ll do a how to.
I don’t talk about sound any more. Compared to stock everything is louder. They sound awesomely perfect to everyone that’s heard it.
DO NOT RUN the bike without the sensors in place.
Silly question; but would the bike be at risk for damage running for a short time without the O2 sensors in, or would it just run poorly? Can an exhaust valve warp that quickly???

Last edited:
A little update,

I ended up ordering some adapters off Amazon and they work so that’s out of the way.

Overall, wow! These sound so good. I did a comparison video of the Ago’s and the Drags just because I had both on hand and while they both sound great, the Drags just sound so much meaner in the best way possible!

Here’s a couple pics of them on as well.

Phone audio doesn’t do it justice but overall, these are amazing. Highly recommend!

IMG 9135 IMG 9136 IMG 9139

Last edited:
A little update,

I ended up ordering some adapters off Amazon and they’re about a quarter inch too long but they seem to do the job. I’ll switch them out if I can get my hands on a proper fitting set.

But overall, wow! These sound so good. I dod a comparison video of the Ago’s and the Drags just because I had both on hand and while they both sound great, the Drags just sound so much meaner in the best way possible!

Here’s a couple pics of them on as well.

Phone audio doesn’t do it justice but overall, these are amazing. Highly recommend!

Very cool. A real hot rod there!

Back