• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Suspension Thread

Doing a lot of reading on upgrading the suspension on my new to me 2017 Stone and keep seeing mention of raising the forks a bit.
Do us all a favor and don't start a new thread when they already exist. I moved your post here.
You'll find most of your answers here. Your fork height above the triple looks to be stock from memory.

Do us all a favor and don't start a new thread when they already exist. I moved your post here.
You'll find most of your answers here. Your fork height above the triple looks to be stock from memory.
Well, that's the one question I couldn't find an answer to in the Suspension thread, thus the new thread. I couldn't find this spec in any of the V7 user/service materials, as well. The few pictures I could see of this area in the SM look like the fork caps are flush with the top triple clamp but if there's one thing I've learned while reading through this website is you can't always trust Moto Guzzi publications.

Some of the Japanese bikes I've owned over the years had this information in the OM/SM and even recommended min/max for raising/lowering the forks.

Sag measurements with Matris spring kit with adjusters

Rider weight 160 lbs. and with the spring preload adjusters all the way out.
Fork pushed up 10 mm from the tree.

Stat. 34 mm
Lad. 41 mm
( the springs were marked 7.5, which should be the spring rate 7.5N. According to Matris' email reply, 7.5N springs are standard for the kit and good for rider at 160 lbs/73 kg. K-Tech site shows stock spring rate is 5.6N)

Stock shocks
Stat. 10 mm
Lad. 32 mm

I also have Brembo RCS 15 front brake master:

With the spring kit, the front does not dive so much no more and it get rid of the "clunk" noise from the front forks with the stock springs. Very happy with the result.

Last edited:
Sag measurements with Matris spring kit with adjusters

Rider weight 160 lbs. and with the spring preload adjusters all the way out.
Stat. 34 mm
Lad. 41 mm
( the springs were marked 7.5, which should be the spring rate 7.5N. According to Matris' email reply, 7.5N springs are standard for the kit and good for rider at 160 lbs/73 kg. K-Tech site shows stock spring rate is 5.6N)

Stock shocks
Stat. 10 mm
Lad. 32 mm

I also have Brembo RCS 15 front brake master:

With the spring kit, the front does not dive so much no more and it get rid of the "clunk" noise from the front forks with the stock springs. Very happy with the result.
I didn’t have the « clunk » , but the dive on rough pavement and potholes is Much improved !
Then after adding the Rear shocks from GTM it’s even more of a pleasure to Ride ;)

Thanks for the post(s). I have to repeat myself often these days, so worthy of a post again; It is PARAMOUNT to do both front and rear upgrades at the same time. If you only do one end, it will make for an ill-handling machine at best, to downright dangerous.
I always say if you upgrade your car, would you only do one end? The answer should be undoubtedly no… I would hope. ;)

If you don’t have the budget, save until you can do both. You’ll be much happier (and safer).

Bravo GTM!

I concur wholeheartedly. Suspension is both ends or none at all. Save and do it right and this includes buying the best you can get custom fitted to your specifications. There is a massive difference in the quality and handling of a first rate suspension.

I say the same thing about tires.

You would not believe the push back and flaming I take for that. It’s ungodly harsh.

If all you do is one tire at a time, you have crappy grip and uneven rotation on one end or the other, forever and forever.

You will never experience what it really feels like to have fresh rubber, or as I say, “new shoes”, all around which is the most tragic thing I can think of.

When I had my shop, more than once, I shod motorcycles with 2 new matched tires instead of the customer requested one, and told them that they could keep it and sample the difference in ride quality and performance.

If they didn’t feel that I had told them the absolute truth, then keep it and pay nothing.

However if they experienced virtually a whole new sensation riding their motorcycle, then pay me whenever the mood struck them.

Not once, when I did this, did anyone ever say anything other than “Wow! It feels like a new bike again!” to which I would just smile and nod.

I always got paid for the matched mate tire and from that point forward, my customer always replaced their tires in pairs.

It’s not that expensive at all for what you get out of it, if you actually ride your motorcycle.

👌👍🙏

Back