• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Miles Per Gallon

A known "feature" of this bike is the premature low fuel warning. On my '13 Stone, the light would come on at 150-170 mi. They finally sorted it out on the V7II's. On my '16 Stone, which has the same tank, the light comes on at 200-220 mi.

I guess I really need to run it out all the way to really know what I'm working with.

A known "feature" of this bike is the premature low fuel warning. On my '13 Stone, the light would come on at 150-170 mi. They finally sorted it out on the V7II's. On my '16 Stone, which has the same tank, the light comes on at 200-220 mi.

Hmm, this is a 2016 V7 Stone ii ABS. What kills me is all the people claiming to get 50+ miles per gallon... 275 miles?! Sheeeeeit.

Hmm, this is a 2016 V7 Stone ii ABS. What kills me is all the people claiming to get 50+ miles per gallon... 275 miles?! Sheeeeeit.
Depending on how completely you fill the tank, 275 mi wouldn't surprise me. The nominal tank size is 5.55 US gal, so 275 mi would work out to just about 50 mpg. What we don't know is how completely the tank can be drained. I would hypothesize that you can go farther on bumpy roads than on smooth ones, because a bumpy road would jostle the fuel more, giving it a better chance of getting drawn into the fuel pump, Even on smooth roads, I've gotten 250 mi/tankful on my '16 Stone.

Some things to keep in mind when thinking through mileage, stock ECU or remapped. Remapped will typically drop mileage some. Are you using blended fuel like E10 or "pure gasoline"? Pure gasoline has more available energy than ethanol blended fuels so mileage is better with it. Are you in the break-in period? During engine break-in, mileage will be worse as the components mate. Any amount of stop and go traffic will have a greater percentage impact on mileage. Think of it this way, you have a 1 gallon tank. You sit in traffic for an hour, then drive 30 miles and run out of gas, does that mean you really only got 30 miles to the gallon? Or is it you got 50mpg while moving and "lost" the other 20 miles of range sitting still. Altitude, humidity, tire pressure, tire material, average speed, will all impact mileage.

Another thing to think about is 40mpg vs 50mpg is only a 20% difference in mileage, when for a car we don't think much about a difference of 10mpg between "city" and "highway" mileage even though that accounts for 30% difference in mileage.

In regard to the low-fuel light, my '14 Stone kicks on with about 2.2 gallons left in the tank.

I put gas in the bike today. The warning light came on and I have approximately 2 gallons left. The plus is that I am getting right around 53 MPG. That is awesome.

You have not hit break-in yet, so don't worry about the mpg. With 4,600 miles on mine, I am beginning to average around 47-49 mpg. Just finished riding Tail of the Dragon and got a whopping 57 mpg on that tank. If you cruise at 80 mph, then you will get low 40s mileage.

I treat 250 close to or about the run out point. My low fuel light comes on about 187 miles or so. I picked up a fuel cell bottle and I'm going to fill that up so I can go out and find out what the run out point is on my bike. I replaced the fuel filter awhile back and was going to try to get the fuel pick up lower in the tank along with lowering the fuel light sending unit. Well.......hmmmmmm... I was so frustrated getting the fuel pump out the door and back in I totally forgot about trying to make those adjustments.

On another note if you have not changed out that fuel filter I highly recommend you change that half plastic one out. The one in this bike was swollen and soft, it was about to burst that center seam. I used a NAPA 3032 filter all metal and just used the standard screw hose clamps since the stock clamps end up destroyed removing them.

Last edited:
I get 45mpg with Augostini pipes and a GuzziTech reflash. BEST 45mpg of my life!

I got 54 average this past week with the Arrows and no reflash, however on a hot (temps over 85 and humid) or when I have to motor along at low speeds the bike does run crappy due to the lean factory fuel map. I will have my dealer do the reflash when riding season winds down.

I should have had it done when the bike was being put together.

The best I have gotten was 61 and the worst was 44.

Typically most dealers do not have the ability to flash anything but stock maps.
Todd has put a lot of work/effort into being able to flash the Guzzi ECU with "aftermarket" maps that improve fueling over the stock Guzzi maps.

I did reach 43mpg for the first time in 1160 miles. I guess city miles just suck.

My fuel light comes on at between 179 and 185 and I can safely go out to about 250 miles on a tank. I normally fill up when I get over 200 miles on the tank. The light is a bit early but I've adjusted to that and actually like the early warning giving me a large reserve feeling. Like knowing I have this nice large reserve thing going on. Gives that warm and fuzzy feeling sort of thing along with my extended sump. Lot of oil and fuel the way it should be.

I was curious so I checked to see what I averaged this time. I went 179.1 miles with 121 of those miles my wife holding on 2015 06 26 205627 and averaged about 44.75 mpg. That is with Todd's map, 2 into 1 pipes and BMC airfilter and running premium fuel on all country roads. And for the record I don't really care what it gets. But it sure gets the looks!

On a recent 200 mile highway trip, running between 70 and 80 mph, I got 44 mpg. Running back and forth to work every day, through town, I get 43 mpg.
This is with ECU reflash, pod filters, Todd's headers and mufflers, and 4V heads...

My last tank which was about 80 percent back roads gave me 53 MPG. They put some up-grade down load into the bike when it was in the shop for warranty issues.

By the way if you get any starter grinding be aware there is an up-grade starter available. Apparently some earlier starters plug up with clutch dust, I'm thinking they must have design some type of dust seal on the later starters, that is just a guess on my part. I no longer get that occasional grind from the starter that I had before. This new starter is the same as the ones used on the V7-II. Something was changed in the newer starters. Wonder if Tod knows what is going on with that.

Richard, Is there any preventative maintenance that M-G advises for the older starter (that can be plagued with clutch dust)? Or is replacement the only long term solution?

When I had the bike in the shop for another issue which was actually for a failing CPS unit I also told them that once in awhile the starter would grind. They told me that it's common for some grinding to happen and that a service advisory recommend cleaning the starter. Couple days later they called me at home and told me the new starters have some type of up-grade and they were advised by a Moto Guzzi area rep that they wanted them (shop) to put a new starter on the bike from a V7-II since they are protected from clutch dust. So it sounds like clutch dust can cause the older starters to grind; they can be cleaned and that was the recommended service advisory with that issue.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'l have to talk to my dealer here and find out the scoop for my 2011 model V7. It's probably not a warrantee item and I'll have to fork out for a replacement. I will pull the starter this winter and service it though.

My '13 V7 Stone has 11k miles. I was getting 54 mpg but with the GT mufflers, I'm down to 50 mpg ;)

Back