• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer production number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazturtle

Just got it firing!
Hi guys. New member here from Tasmania, Australia.

Have just purchased V7R No.749. I love this bike!

I had read elsewhere that production of the Clubman Racer, although initially intended to be limited, was in fact going to be subject to demand. This is apparently incorrect.

The information I was given by the state Guzzi dealer on purchasing mine is that worldwide production for 2011 was in fact capped at 999.

Out of interest, 88 of those came to Australia.

Cheers

Kurt

Can those numbers be correct? 999 sounds like a lot for a company that's total production is around 7,000 / year.

88 racers for Australia for one year even sounds like too much. Can the Aust. market sell that many?

Don't know - just going by what the dealer advised.

Mine is no 749, so production is getting up there.

They also have 2 others currently in stock and have themselves sold another 6 already.

Tasmania has only 3% of the Aus population, so if they have had 8 through their shop, 88 for the whole country sounds fine.

If anyone wondered where no 744 is, that's at the same dealers now!

Tazturtle said:

I had read elsewhere that production of the Clubman Racer, although initially intended to be limited, was in fact going to be subject to demand. This is apparently incorrect.

The information I was given by the state Guzzi dealer on purchasing mine is that worldwide production for 2011 was in fact capped at 999.

Cheers

Kurt
So you listen to dealer stories? Italian bike dealer stories?
The Italian factories dont know what they're doing themselves half the time and when they do they will just BS all and sundry anyway if it suits their needs.Thats my experience with 30 years of dealing with the italian motorcycle industry anyway.
Not complaining,it just is what it is.
Ciao

Sounds plausible. I can't confirm offhand but I know they are popular, in Sydney you can't seem to turn a corner without running into one of the horrid little eyesores! John's sold a heap of them, not sure how many? Maybe a dozen?

And before anybody flies into a fit of indignant high-dudgeon just because I don't like the 'Racer' doesn't mean that others shouldn't. I just think they are too brash and gaudy, thassall.

Pete

agreed on the brashness - there was one at John's bbq demo day and the owner had taken off some of that - the number 7 etc and it did look rather nice - YMMV :D

It's not for me, but they have taken the UK by storm.
One even won a prize at a classic bike do, the judges thought it was a rebuilt cafe racer. :?
A few red faces were to be seen later.:lol:

It seems we in the states are the long lost step child. We just got a hand full of pre-ordered ones, and not able to walk into a showroom and buy one off the floor like in other countries. But it is the same with the other models also.

Bill

We have 2 units on the road now. I rode with one last weekend, it is a nice little bike with lots of shiny bits.

Phang

oldmanjob said:
It seems we in the states are the long lost step child. We just got a hand full of pre-ordered ones, and not able to walk into a showroom and buy one off the floor like in other countries. But it is the same with the other models also.

Bill

Yea, in the US they are rare. Like a dog, we get the table scraps that Guzzi throws us after the rest of the world is done.

Just as well, the Guzzi presence in the US is a little weak.

The North America version (black tank) got its own production number compare to the rest of the world, no one really know how many total being made but I don't think it's as rare as some people might think. the dealership up here pre-sold the 1st lot (pre-order in April, delivered Aug) and now on their web site its available again so I think Moto Guzzi is accepting a 2nd order.

The black looks good too.

Quite understand the Racer's aren't to everyone's taste.

They are like a beautiful and shameless Italian harlot that begs to be ogled and ridden all day.

If your tastes are more in the everyday, go for it. Different strokes. Personally, I love 'em.

Kurt

I am not a fan of the Racer either. IMO it is a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing. I run a Targa 750, which in someways is similar, with cafe racer styling, without the power. It is an effective light tourer, but a real cafe racer? Na. It is mainly the numbers plate I don't like on the racer, it's just effectation, with little reality.

If people like them good luck, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same.

Tazturtle said:

Cheers

Kurt

Lucky for you, I finally received my V7R #852 in Hong Kong after 9 months ordering. It looks better than I thought in the magazine. :lol:

#852, that's Hong Kong's IDD country code.

I don't think it is a coincidence :mrgreen:

Phang

Well done smv.

It's great that Guzzi is producing a range of bikes now in the V7s that are selling so well and also attracting new converts to the breed.

You are 100% right too - the Racers look so much better in the flesh than in pics.

I wish I had a fiver for every person I've met who's though that my bike is a home build.
Only the other day, as I was parked up having a ciggy, a guy came walking up to me and said, "that's the best bike I've seen around here in ages, the trouble is no one wants to get their hands grubby and build them anymore".
I don't really understand what the problem is in regards to looks.
Yeah OK the chrome tank maybe but you could easily have it sprayed if it caused you that much offence.
The red frame ?
Harldly a first for Guzzi, or most other manufacturers.
What else.
Oh yes the race numbers, which are secured by 6 bolts and can be removed from the seat and headlight in about two minutes.
Anything I missed that's causing some other people such offence :?:

sign216 said:
Yea, in the US they are rare. Like a dog, we get the table scraps that Guzzi throws us after the rest of the world is done.

Sorry I cannot agree with that.
Like pop groups, a bikes success is largly gauged on how well it does in the US.
It's a hugely important market for every manufacturer, as more exotic bikes are bought there per head of population than anywhere else.

I don't agree with Brian that the bikes been a huge hit in the UK.

I bought one of two my dealer had back in April, and the other one is still there.

Also, there are currently three being advertised by dealers on ebay that have been on there for months.

Well said Sandy.

Put 100 miles on mine this afternoon on back country and mountain roads.

Just perfect. I traded an 82 GSX1100S Katana in on my V7R and I'm not missing any power at all on that sort of riding. The small block Guzzi really is a lovely engine for real world riding.

Amen Brother.
It's so frustrating that you just can't get this through to so many motorcyclists who are far too pre occupied with big numbers.
Mainly silly old Men who aspire to be king of the pub car park.
Anyone can ride a powerful bike quickly, but it takes skill to stay on the pace on a smaller less powerful machine, and it's so much more rewarding when you do.
What's that word I'm looking for ?
Oh yeah.
FUN.
I'd say the V7's output is ample for what it is, and like you, I have lots of experience of fast bikes.
My neighbour had a similar experience.
He owns a ZZR1400, and recently bought a Suzuki 650 single off roader for commuting on.
I couldn't help but notice him spending a lot of time riding it on weekends as well, and put this to him recently, to which he replied "it's just so much more fun"
Case rested.
:)

Tazturtle said:
Well said Sandy.

Put 100 miles on mine this afternoon on back country and mountain roads.

Just perfect. I traded an 82 GSX1100S Katana in on my V7R and I'm not missing any power at all on that sort of riding. The small block Guzzi really is a lovely engine for real world riding.

Well stated. On real world (especially Tasmanian) roads it is all about usable power and having fun whilst cornering. That engine sounds great, produces adequate power, and the bike makes you feel good as you are riding it. What else is there? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back