• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Sport color and Lario directional lense

BobKAndren

Just got it firing!
Hi Folks, I've got two questions. A good friend with a V65 Lario (with the small fairing) lost the right side front directional signal lense. Does anyone know where he might obtain another (or the entire light assembly)? Any contacts for a supplier in Italy? Also, I'm looking for the correct paint code/supplier for that yellowy -green that was used on the tank and side covers for the 1972/73 red framed V7 Sport. Thanks, Bob Andren

Hi Folks, I've got two questions. A good friend with a V65 Lario (with the small fairing) lost the right side front directional signal lense. Does anyone know where he might obtain another (or the entire light assembly)? Any contacts for a supplier in Italy? Also, I'm looking for the correct paint code/supplier for that yellowy -green that was used on the tank and side covers for the 1972/73 red framed V7 Sport. Thanks, Bob Andren
If you had searched on paint codes, you would have discovered Guzzi doesn't use paint codes. Best to take a sample to an automotive paint retailer and have them computer match the paint color. As to the front turn signal, You are probably out of luck. Rear turn signal lenses are available but I can't find any source for the front.

How did you get on with paint matching for V7 Sport? My painter had mine mixed, eventually after refusing to leave the store until it was done :D But that was back in the '90s before the interweb. The shop used a colour photo I supplied from a Jan. 73 English "Motorcycle Mechanics" magazine. It has an advertisement from Rivetts Leathers with people posing on an 850GT & Telaio Rosso Sport. It was the best we could do back then.
Was it you who asked on the FB Moto Guzzi V7 Sport-750S-750S3 page a while ago? There were some answers there which indicated that the factory used a base colour and painted a second colour over it rather than use one colour.
Here's mine, 30 years down the track. I wouldn't recommend using this for a match, computer colours aren't great, but it can be done with a single paint colour.

Attachments

• 20220416_075609.jpg
    20220416_075609.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 6
The story is over 10 years of effort and dough.
max record speed El Mirage (Mojave Desert Ca.) 130.156 MPH
Bonniville Record : 127.301 MPH

750cc P-PP class
Production frame
Production Pushrod engine

EVERYTHING must look original.
Intake and ex ports got the "Glue and Screw" by a great mechanic who's name I forgot :(
Custom pistons (several times)
Cam Megacycle second to most extreme
BMW flywheel and clutch (lighter)
stock carbs tweeked a bit :)
Intakes too
Exh stock gill mufflers gutted
Exh pipes 1 5/8" ID (largest bender I had)
Front tire shaved
rear tire the biggest diameter I could find... sorta a dirt bike tire. Best rollout I could get with stock wheel
final drive tallest ratio but not the 9:34 Convert...
Different ignition, no lightbulbs, GPS and data collector in taillight
crazy expensive flat spark plugs...

and so forth.
I moved to the smallest class (50cc) after setting the records... thought it would be cheaper :(
IMG 2410

The story is over 10 years of effort and dough.
max record speed El Mirage (Mojave Desert Ca.) 130.156 MPH
Bonniville Record : 127.301 MPH

750cc P-PP class
Production frame
Production Pushrod engine

EVERYTHING must look original.
Intake and ex ports got the "Glue and Screw" by a great mechanic who's name I forgot :(
Custom pistons (several times)
Cam Megacycle second to most extreme
BMW flywheel and clutch (lighter)
stock carbs tweeked a bit :)
Intakes too
Exh stock gill mufflers gutted
Exh pipes 1 5/8" ID (largest bender I had)
Front tire shaved
rear tire the biggest diameter I could find... sorta a dirt bike tire. Best rollout I could get with stock wheel
final drive tallest ratio but not the 9:34 Convert...
Different ignition, no lightbulbs, GPS and data collector in taillight
crazy expensive flat spark plugs...

and so forth.
I moved to the smallest class (50cc) after setting the records... thought it would be cheaper :(
View attachment 32565
Impressive! Interesting that it took all of that to make a V7 Sport match the factory advertised 130 MPH! I'm also fascinated by the fact that you gutted the sharks gill Silentiums, mine gutted themselves and the bike went progressively slower. In fact, it went faster with them removed and straight pipe extensions fitted. But well done for your perseverance! 👍

Back