• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Stone Levers

sunbrother

Just got it firing!
I was thinking about getting some of the Pazzo Levers for V7, but I didn't think about the shorty vs. long lengths.
Does anyone have these....how did they work?
Is shorty too short for the clutch side??
Thanks for the help.

Just installed GT's adjustable levers today, actually :) They come in a bunch of different colors just like the pazzo's. I opted for the darker silver (gunmetal?). A little bit less expensive.

20150423 162946
20150423 163108

Just realized I have to slide the adjustment boot cover back on ;)

It might be worth fitting bungs in the front ends of the handlebars (they look open) - to stop rain going in.
What I really meant to ask is how do you find lowered bars with the standard footrest position?
AndyB

Oh yeah you are right, thanks for pointing that out!

It doesn't seem to bug me too much with the position as it is pretty close to stock with the high rise version (probably only lowered by a few cm). I am only 5'8". If you are tall, it might be worth considering the other rear sets?

Off to print some bungs/caps! Thanks again for pointing that out. Do you think it looks strange the way there is an overhang on the inside of the bracket? I kinda do. Was thinking of trimming the bar as well...

Looks fine with the bar sticking through the clamp to me, and you keep a chromed tube end. But cut down would be fine with your end caps over the cut tube end...and save a few gramms!
I also added bungs in the open ends of the frame behind the footrests - our roads are still salty in UK.

I am about 5ft 9 - 5ft 10" and even with standard bars I find the footrests too far forwards - yet I see a lot of bikes with lowered bars and standard footrests. We are all different but it would not work for me. What is putting me off getting rear sets (apart from the £££) is that they are all alloy while the standard ones have rubbers which must absorb some vibes.

AndyB

It may not have much of an impact for clip ons, but I put my stock bar end weights back on after I decided the cheapy's I got don't fit with the bike and having those hefty weights at the end make a big difference in vibration. I know you are trying to stay narrow but having bar end weights would help with fatigue.

That's really interesting, and totally makes sense.

For now I bought a pair of those qwi nerve protector gloves. They have some strategically placed pads. That way I don't have to suffer for fashion ;)

Back