• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7/V85TT/9 E4 & E5 Diag Tool Info

I would also be interested in this information. Did you figure out if this tool can calibrate the OEM TPMS system?
Well now that I have the tool I'll answer your question, which was originally mine. No, the tool will not do anything involving the OEM TPM system.

Things it will do that might be useful for the Guzzi home mechanic are:
Turning off the service wrench
Activating the ABS pump
Being able to check all the switches on the handlebars to make sure they're working when pushed
Activating certain systems like the fuel pump and brake lights to see if they're working
Activating certain warning lights on the dash
Viewing live data, which there's a lot of

Things to keep in mind, this $500+ tool is not like using a Hex GS-911, for anyone familiar with using that tool on their BMW motorcycles. This Guzzi tool isn't as simple to use and comes with very little instructions, so trying to figure out what to select to do what you want will take a bit of button pushing.

Last edited:
…this $500+ tool is…

Sometimes it seems people want the world on a platter for €1.

The real, true, value of this tool is what it provides to the owner, who wishes to perform your own periodic maintenance.

IF you use it for this purpose, the tool instantly becomes a true value for the cost.

TPS resets, which should be performed every service and resetting of the Service Wrench icon in the dash, will cost you a minimum of 1-2 hours labor at any Moto Guzzi dealership I know.

2 hrs @ $125+ / hour = ~ $250 per occurence.

# of services the owner of this tool, needs to perform in order to realize a cost savings benefit = 3 times.

So, if you buy and use this tool for ~ 9,000 - 12,000 miles of service you are performing yourself, you have made your money back in spades!

If you keep, ride, and service your own motorcycle for 24,000 miles with this tool, well you are saving a ton of money!

If you buy it to “fiddle with your bike” because you are curious, well then you are an idiot and just being dense as lead.

I will also tell you that having a tool like this, staying with the motorcycle, increases the resale value and desirability of the motorcycle immensely BECAUSE as a motorcycle ages, the dealers won’t touch it over 10 years of age, and buyers who shop for motorcycles of this age, are 10x more likely to be providing their own services, and to do this CORRECTLY, requires this type of tool.

Buying a older motorcycle with a tool that allows one to perform service after service without being tethered to a dealership, is worth its weight in gold.

One buys this tool for these reasons, and not to fiddle with the TPM system.

I have mine in hand and I am hoping for a little assistance in its use. I have read and re-read this thread a few times now and I truly want to be able to use this tool if I need it. My main reason was for service reset as my nearest dealer is 3 hours away and they don’t always inspire the most confidence when I’ve had to go there the last couple of times. I have used tools like this on cars and trucks so I have the general idea and I figured I would be able to decipher what I want to see or do but I immediately came up with a couple of questions.
I want to apologize in advance if I have missed a tutorial or how to somewhere. I couldn’t find one related to a V85tt online anywhere.
1) I have a 22 V85tt travel. It is euro 5. So when I got the tool to the of bikes I selected V85tt/V100 Mandello euro 5. There were several other V85 choices. Some euro 4 and one just said V85tt. Did I select the correct model for my bike? I just want to make sure as it did kinda seem like maybe there were 2 or 3 versions that might work.
2) Does the service light need to be on to reset it?
3) I noticed that you could basically tell it to look at ECUs instead of bikes. Am I understanding that correctly. If so, how can I use that side of it to my advantage?
My main goal is to try and maintain this bike without having to go to that dealer unless it’s a serious warranty issue or a last resort. So far all that has meant is that I need to be able to reset my service light but you never know.

I couldn’t find one related to a V85tt online anywhere.
1) I have a 22 V85tt travel. It is euro 5. So when I got the tool to the of bikes I selected V85tt/V100 Mandello euro 5. There were several other V85 choices. Some euro 4 and one just said V85tt. Did I select the correct model for my bike? I just want to make sure as it did kinda seem like maybe there were 2 or 3 versions that might work.
3) I noticed that you could basically tell it to look at ECUs instead of bikes. Am I understanding that correctly. If so, how can I use that side of it to my advantage?
None yet.
1. Correct.
2. It must be on first in order to clear it.
3. Best to select the model as it will align the functions to the bike. Many bikes share the same ECU these days.

I have mine in hand and I am hoping for a little assistance in its use. I have read and re-read this thread a few times now and I truly want to be able to use this tool if I need it. My main reason was for service reset as my nearest dealer is 3 hours away and they don’t always inspire the most confidence when I’ve had to go there the last couple of times. I have used tools like this on cars and trucks so I have the general idea and I figured I would be able to decipher what I want to see or do but I immediately came up with a couple of questions.
I want to apologize in advance if I have missed a tutorial or how to somewhere. I couldn’t find one related to a V85tt online anywhere.
My main goal is to try and maintain this bike without having to go to that dealer unless it’s a serious warranty issue or a last resort. So far all that has meant is that I need to be able to reset my service light but you never know.
I have the same bike as you, same year and model. This is what I've found using the Diag tool so far. When you select the bike from the list of choices, and choose "V85/V100 Euro 5" it will display the following menu items, Injection, Service Reset, EOBD, Find all Error Codes. Other menu items not included in "V85/V100 Euro 5", can be found if you choose "V85/V100 Enduro Euro 5" which will include the following menus, ABS, Dashboard, EOBD, Find all Error Codes. Why they don't include all the available menus for the bike under the one selected bike I don't know. Certain menu items, ABS, Injection and Dashboard, have sub-menus that include, Live Data and Special Features.

Also when selecting the bike from the menu, if you push the Left or Right Buttons, it will cause the list of bikes to move by pages up or down, which is faster than holding the down button to reach the V85 section which is at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
None yet.
1. Correct.
2. It must be on first in order to clear it.
3. Best to select the model as it will align the functions to the bike. Many bikes share the same ECU these days.
Thanks so much! I am super stoked to be able to do this for myself. I took my bike to the dealer for break in service and to get the latest MG update (Aug 2022). Came back home oil everywhere from the aft gearbox and oil coming out of the breather on the main gearbox. Found both to be way over serviced. At 6000 miles I checked the valves and serviced everything (correctly) myself but I wanted the light out so I used that as an excuse to ride for the weekend and went to the dealer to have the light reset. Sat there all day while they waited on the one really smart tech to show them how to reset the light. While they were waiting they had reset pretty much everything else that could be reset. Once the guy got there I had the bike in five minutes. He told me they had reset something to do with fueling and that the bike had to readjust. I lost it at that point. He assured me that if I just rode it a little bit it would relearn. I really had a hard time buying it after the day I had there. To be fair. He was right. The bike ran kinda bad for just a little ways then it got better and better. I just would rather do these things myself so I know it’s done right or it’s my fault.

I have the same bike as you, same year and model. This is what I've found using the Diag tool so far. When you select the bike from the list of choices, and choose "V85/V100 Euro 5" it will display the following menu items, Injection, Service Reset, EOBD, Find all Error Codes. Other menu items not included in "V85/V100 Euro 5", can be found if you choose "V85/V100 Enduro Euro 5" which will include the following menus, ABS, Dashboard, EOBD, Find all Error Codes. Why they don't include all the available menus for the bike under the one selected bike I don't know. Also when selecting the bike from the menu, if you push the Left or Right Buttons, will cause the list of bikes to move by pages up or down, which is faster than holding the down button to reach the V85 section which is at the bottom of the list.
Super helpful! I am printing this stuff out so I can read along while I use the tool until I get more comfortable

Super helpful! I am printing this stuff out so I can read along while I use the tool until I get more comfortable
Also kind of explains to me what the “enduro” meant. I saw that on the list and I was like hmmm I’ve never heard of an enduro model.

It appears that GTM has stopped selling this Diag tool due to lack of support from the manufacturer.

What a pity I've been considering buying one for when the warranty runs out. That's usually when I start to service my own bikes.

This really could be a useful tool if it came with some kind of instructions on how to use it. But it doesn't. You are expected to somehow know what every function/menu item does with the bike's computers. I guess you could just try every function/menu item and see what it does, but I wouldn't suggest it. This is a quote from GTM on the V100/Diag Tool Info thread, "As an aside, Scott managed to find a selection that left his bike inoperable without dealer intervention. I hope he will speak on it on his return. If you aren’t 100% sure on operation/selection, post here before proceeding!"

So unless all you want to use the tool for is to see live data and to get rid of the service wrench light, then the tool is pretty much worthless, until someone is willing to use their bike as a test subject to discover what all the functions/menu items will do, and then share what they learn with the rest of us.

So please tells us what you've used the tool for. Aren't you the one who used the tool and it left your bike inoperable without dealer intervention? If so, what were you doing with the tool that made it inoperable?

I’ve written several posts about it.

I just returned from a month in Europe. I haven’t got a chance to fully document the menus and functions.

I also only gave 934 miles on my motorcycle so I don’t have a service icon to reset.

MY GIANT MISTAKE was to assume that this device was fully vetted by the people who made it. It is not.

It has the ability to destroy key configuration files and render those files completely corrupted where they can only be reset by a Piaggio Dealer P.A.D.S. system.

Hence:

Under no circumstances, DO NOT SELECT any option to reset, reinitialize, configure, configuration, renew, or anything like this.

This is what happened to me. I am not exactly sure but it has happened to another member here as well.

Others have successfully used it for resetting the service icon and this was the principle reason I wanted it for. Not having to go to a dealer to reset that silly lamp will be great for me.

My dealer is 110 miles away.

My original message about this is below.

Well screw us all…

I was the first to get my motorcycle royally screwed over by this BikeScan and those bastards in Germany at their technical support, said it was me and a problem with my bike!

Now we find out it has happened to TeeTwo also!

Within 5 minutes of connecting this device to my motorcycle, and without the benefit of any documentation at all, I did what any normal person would do. I started working my way through the menus to see what functions were working or would appear to be working.

Moments later, these appeared on my dash.

I was PISSED OFF BEYOND BELIEF!

A tool is supposed to fix things, not break them!!!

(Guys, this is EXACTLY the reason why we don’t allow any discussion of GuzziDiag. It isn’t a tool but rather an expressway to destroying your ECU. It has NO SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE and it has the ability to brick the ECU if anything, and I mean literally anything, goes wrong for any reason, even bumping the USB cable during a read or write moment. Don’t ever use that POS program. You have been warned!)

So the motorcycle would still start and run but these errors could not be cleared and the configuration files were destroyed!

I had to trailer my motorcycle all the way down to Cincinnati to Cadre Cycle and have them repair what this POS “tool” damaged.

The only thing that thankfully can repair this damage, it a Piaggio dealer P.A.D.S. system.

I immediately informed GTM and he notified the guys in Germany who were assholes beyond belief.

It was then that GTM decided to immediately suspend selling this thing.

Granted it seems to be able to reset the service icon but those who have got it to work, have done so by “hunt and peck” methods and nobody can accurately list the procedure, not even the Germans!!!

So my advice…

LISTEN PLEASE!!!

Under no circumstances, DO NOT SELECT any option to reset, reinitialize, configure, configuration, renew, or anything like this.

You will fall into the same hole we did and Germany will do NOTHING to help you except call you stupid and tell you that this is a “Professional tool” and that you are “playing” with it because you are an idiot. 😡🤬🤯

I have 41 years as a mechanic and several thousands of dollars of many commercial computer tools for many motorcycles and not one has ever damaged anything like this. Never!

Arrogant lying bastard German pricks!

I will be taking photos of everything on this tool and trying to create a guide when I get home.

DO NOT GO TIPTOEING THROUGH THE MENUS. YOU WILL REGRET IT AND SOME OF YOU ARE LITERALLY 500+ OR MORE MILES FROM A DEALERSHIP, AND THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN REPAIR THE UNINTENDED DAMAGE!

It’s far from worthless.

The hyperbole never stops around here.
So after reading all the negatives you said about the tool, to include, "Under no circumstances, DO NOT SELECT any option to reset, reinitialize, configure, configuration, renew, or anything like this." , please tell us what worth does the tool have? Because it sounds like you yourself are saying it's pretty much useless/ damaging to use. Right, or am I missing something?

No.

I have never said it was useless.

I said that it has the ability to damage key configuration files if you just go wading through the myriad of menus.

I also clearly ststed why I bought it in the first place.

This is what happened to me. I am not exactly sure but it has happened to another member here as well.

Others have successfully used it for resetting the service icon and this was the principle reason I wanted it for. Not having to go to a dealer to reset that silly lamp will be great for me.

So I'll ask again, because you really haven't answered the question. What have you used the tool for that was useful? Or what could it be used for that is useful? I know you said it can brick your bike's computer, which in my book is a lot worse than worthless. But I want you to explain to us why it's not worthless but for the 2 features I stated above. One of which was the, " principle reason" why you bought it. And could you please tell us when you informed GTM about the problem you had using the tool?

Back