Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7lll clutch improvement?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by zephyrrt, May 18, 2020.

1. zephyrrt

zephyrrt Just got it firing!

Hi
    After l sold my 2011 V7 Racer 2 years ago, l am looking forward to buy a new v7lll Stone again. I have had bad experience on the clutch failure of my previous v7 racer. It's clutch cable required frequent adjustment until the wholle cable run out of the clutch housing mounting at the clutch Lever. Gear shift became a nightmare if no adjustment was made.

The v7lll has a new 6 speed set up. May l know has moto guzzi ironed out it's clutch problem with the new model.

Thanks

2. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

the 2017 and I assume all 6 speeds have it rerouted differently to keep away from the heat.

3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

7000 KM on my V7 III, and have only needed one small 1/4 turn adjustment for the clutch.

4. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

but by george that SOB needs to be at 2 MM on the 6 speed V7's or u will never find neutral.

TexMexStrada and Mayakovski like this.
  5. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Interesting, from 0 to 7000 KM, one cable small adjustment, neutral has always been easy to find, can't say I even had trouble finding it. Now my 1981 Ducati Darmah, that was never easy to find neutral.

6. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Coming up to 37,000Km on my V7iii and no clutch issues what-so-ever. Haven't touched the clutch cable adjustment for well over 20,00Km - it hasn't needed it.

Mayakovski likes this.
  7. TexMexStrada

TexMexStrada Just got it firing!

I'm at over 10,000 miles on mine and the transmission has been great. +1 on the clutch cable adjustment, it needs to be quite precise, but once it is, it works great.
    I came of of a Ducati where you measured time in "false neutrals" when you were looking for a unit of time between seconds and minutes, but yet to have hit one of them in 13 months on my V7III