• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Cruise Control Question

Micksan

Just got it firing!
I picked up my 2020 V85TT on the 8th. Bike runs great. I have been off of Guzzi for some years . My artificial leg would not work on the Breva. I have been looking at Dual sport bikes for awhile. checked out several brands. Use to own the BMW R1200 GS, but the height, and top heavy design , along with wind gusts moving over a lane turned me off on them. Had two Quota 1100 models. Now they are like chickens teeth.
I ran into the dealer at a bike swap meet. Told me he had a 850 coming in. Tried it out , and the soft spot for Guzzi came back. I picked it up on the 8th. So far have about 250 miles on it.
Now for the question>>>> We took our bikes out Sunday for a ride turned out to be 90 miles. I was able to get the cruise control working a couple of times. Last night took it out for a 50 mile run. On the highway I pushed in the cruise button. The green indicator came on flashing , but when I touched the button again nothing happens . Do not know it is really touchy or if there is a trick to it.
Thanks
Russ OKC

To turn it off or on, it takes a deliberate long sustained press of the button. To select a function once in the menu, short jabs is all that is required, a long jab is interpreted as an off request.

It functions similar to the Cali 1400. Can't say I like cruise control, I forget I'm running it, and then panic as I hit the curve too fast. Also, it doesn't respond to a burst of throttle, unlike my car which allows a jab of the accelerator before returning to take control when the foot is removed. For both vehicles, braking turns the cruise control off.

Not for me. YMMV.

To turn it off or on, it takes a deliberate long sustained press of the button. To select a function once in the menu, short jabs is all that is required, a long jab is interpreted as an off request.

It functions similar to the Cali 1400. Can't say I like cruise control, I forget I'm running it, and then panic as I hit the curve too fast. Also, it doesn't respond to a burst of throttle, unlike my car which allows a jab of the accelerator before returning to take control when the foot is removed. For both vehicles, braking turns the cruise control off.

Not for me. YMMV.
Thanks for the reply. >>> I only use it on the interstate. I also have a big Indian , and it is nice to give the wrist a rest. NOT for the twisties.
I read the instructions , and had it working the other day. Even then it was a sometime thing. I am wondering if there is any sort of trick the Italians built into it. Seems like it is very touchy at best. Or maybe it just does not work properly. Before running to the dealer I wanted to see if it is a co

I've just been on a ride putting on the necessary miles to get my first service, so I played with the cruise control on the way. I think I now have it sussed.

Press and hold the cruise control to turn it on. The icon will appear flashing in the dashboard. Get to your desired speed and then momentarily press the cruise control again. The icon will now appear solid and you will be cruising at the desired speed. You can now release the throttle. Lift the cruise control up to set the cruise speed at a higher speed, conversely press the cruise control down to reduce the cruising speed.

If you want to momentarily increase your speed say pass a vehicle, open the throttle to achieve this. When you have passed the vehicle slowly ease the throttle to return to the cruise speed.

If you snap your throttle shut, the system will interpret this as a slow down quickly desire, and switch the cruise control back to standby with the flashing icon. Of course, if you touch the brakes, the same thing happens.

Hope this helps.

How do you get the resume to work? I'm having trouble trying to decipher the directions in the manual as it seems the resume and set new cruise speed are the same command, a press of more than 0.6 seconds. From the manual,
"It is possible to reactivate the system, always respecting the conditions described
above, via a long press (more than 0.6 seconds) of the selector if you want to reconfirm
the last cruising speed used (RESUME function), or, by pressing the cruise control
switch with a central prolonged press (greater than 0.6 seconds) to set a new cruising
speed."

I’m not sure if this applies to your particular situation but it is a helpful trick.

FWIW: I have to show people frequently how to operate their cruise controls on various motorcycles that come into the workshop. They think they are not working or that it is broken.

Invariably, I have them remove their gloves to practice the controls.

If you are trying to learn the movements and sensitivity of the cruise mechanism, it is always much easier if there is nothing on your hand.

Once you get proficient in operating it like that, then adding gloves into the equation, really becomes moot. (Your hand already knows what to do. ) 😃

After an earlier update the up/down set/resume didn't work anymore on my 2021 E5.
Got an update today.

Apparently the Italians forgot to put some things in the update before.

I noticed severall things after the update I got earlier:
- Bad pickup during warm weather 30°C and up
- Less difference between Sport and Rain mode feeling
- HIGH mileage 3,8L /100km mixed use but it felt like I lost 20 horsepower
- Cruise up/down set/resume not working anymore
- Engine running not smooth
- very unsteady on the gas

Today I got a new update and all those things are solved. It runs even better than before the earlier update now.
It seems that the engine was running realy lean to the point it was not healthy anymore. Also fixed by the update.

I'm happy again
:azn:

I also noticed up/down/resume not working recently on my E5. It was a bit baffling because I could have sworn I used that functionality before, but it otherwise didn't stop me from using CC, so I got over it. Good to know that it may just need an update.

__Jason

It is distressing that functionality is lost and requires an "update" to restore it. This just stikes me as bizzare. Please post what happens to your bike jwtucker. I am very interested in the outcome. Thank You Very Much!

As far as I know, there have been no updates done to my bike. Cruise control functions still work fine so I will try to avoid software updates.

Back