• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Emergency service needed - error code P2130

@ hlavaca1, I'm glad you managed to figure this out, but the fact that you had to revert back to the original grip losing the heating comfort is a big minus in my opinion. MG should have already been able to figure this out and provide heated grips without all this hassle. Now I'm not a frequent visitor of this forum, and I have to admit that my love-hate relationship with MGs is finally coming to an end, as my 3rd MG in the last 15 years (a 2001 California Special) is soon going to be owned by another "enthusiast". I also want to be very careful making comments in a thread where John Ziebell is also present; John I owe you a lot for your always quick to the point and friendly advice you've given me over the past few years every time I had issues with my Italian ...girlfriend. But I feel the need to say this, so -all- please forgive me for self-indulging in some venting: I'm 60 years old I've been driving "big" motorcycles since the mid '70s. It will take a lot of persuasion from all of you experts (and I mean that VERY sincerely) to convince me that newer "drive by wire" modern motorcycles are indeed better than what I (we) used to ride back in the '70s, '80s and maybe mid-90s. I just see too many unwarranted/unnecessary failures/snafus with modern technology; if motorcycle riding is about all the fun we have -well- riding them instead of trying to fix them especially in the middle of a long trip and even -worse- getting stranded in the middle of nowhere, well if it were up to me I will always go for an old "analog" bike instead of the new spiffy "digital" ones. My apologies beforehand if I hurt anybody's sensibilities. Safe rides to all of you out there!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I was not clear enaugh - it took some time to resolve the issue, but finally I got in touch with dealer who sold my bike to previous (first) owner and they immediately promised to send new set of heated grips FOC (warranty ends next week). Their attitude is great and it was pleasure to communicate with their service staff, unfortunately almost 300km from my hometown :-(.

@Dimi Pana, I agree with you regarding technology - it brings a lot of advantages, but you have to accept the price by means of serviceability and complexity. My another bike is 1999 Aprilia Pegaso, 650cc single cylinder with twin carburetors, so that I can compare these two worlds...modern motorcycles are easy to handle, but you miss the opportunity to spend time in your garage working on them. That's why I'll keep both :)

I'm glad the issue was resolved to your satisfaction, in the end that's what matters: To spend the least amount of time without your bike.

Btw, what a coincidence! One of my riding buddies back in the '90s had this Pegaso, I had a BMW R80R at the time and we often swapped bikes. A great bike as far as I remember (power, handling, etc) IMO it needed a dual front disc or better brakes overall but ..."almost" on par with my beamer.

I've long sold my Roadster, you're so lucky you still have the Pegaso!

Back