• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

My mods so far is the pyramid front fender, the Givi extended hand guards, and a few weeks ago I made a small windscreen for local riding, as I've only got the touring screen. Oh, and I've got the high comfort seat from Guzzi as well.
Next mod will be to remove the silencer completely and just put a end cap from the auto store on there, maybe one that point downwards. There's a lot of snow here for another couple of months, so I won't have the chance to test said screen and hand guards until April. It sucks living far north, but it keeps the miles down at least.

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_154017__01.jpg
    IMG_20220206_154017__01.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220206_154027__01.jpg
    IMG_20220206_154027__01.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 17
My mods so far is the pyramid front fender, the Givi extended hand guards, and a few weeks ago I made a small windscreen for local riding, as I've only got the touring screen. Oh, and I've got the high comfort seat from Guzzi as well.
Next mod will be to remove the silencer completely and just put a end cap from the auto store on there, maybe one that point downwards. There's a lot of snow here for another couple of months, so I won't have the chance to test said screen and hand guards until April. It sucks living far north, but it keeps the miles down at least.
Well done on the screen. Do you mind me asking why you are removing the silencer?

Well done on the screen. Do you mind me asking why you are removing the silencer?
I'll try it out and see if it makes the sound a bit beefier. Also the weight removed will be quite substantial. Anyway it's an easy fix to put back on if I'm not satisfied. Got the idea from Wingsgeo on YouTube.

A decat will probs get the best weight reduction and noise boost, but I realise some countries are not allowed to do that.

Personally I like the look without that huge can as well, so I'll give it a go and try it. Also, I don't know if removing the cat from an Euro5 machine will generate error codes.

For those that are curious, here's the OEM Euro and US turn signals side-by-side for comparison:

IMHO, the Euro version is brighter, but a smaller point of light. Where the Euro version gets additional points in my book is when you are 90º perpendicular to the side - the Euro version is actually designed to cast light to the side, whereas the US version seems to mainly just cast light forward. Oh, and if you decide to do the swap, be sure to get some shorter 6mm screws, because the stalks on the US version are much longer, and if you use the same screw (which does work) it ends up being comically long and protrude out the back of the frame.

__Jason

Could the cat on the 2021 just be cut from the headers and then have an exhaust shop weld in the 2020 y pipe or just fab up their own version?
Gents, I did just this on my E5 2021 as soon as I purchased it last fall. Simply cut the down pipes off at the weld to the cat and found an existing Y pipe out there (don't recall the brand but it was nice. Not sure it was GTM nice but was sufficient for my stock bike for now) The Y pipe was a bit short where it would join the headers or "down pipes" so I added a 3.0" stainless extension to each side of the Y pipe of the same diameter. I then swedged the header pipes, slit them so the Y pipes would slip into them, and used some nice reasonably wide stainless clamps to hold it all together. Worked perfectly and as most have guessed, adds a bit of wonderful noticeable sound at idle and slow speeds but is lost to my ears as speed increases all of which means it is dang near perfect to this old man! BTW, and interestingly, there appear to be tiny little primary cats in the down pipes. Since I didn't remove them (IE break the mini cats or whatever they are out of the pipes) I don't know as fact that they are cats. However, since this is common in the auto world, I'll presume they are. As far as I can tell, the bike runs exactly the same as it did before but with that slightly better sound.

If you look at the exhaust in this picture beneath the oil sump (new Y pipe is to the left and is a shiny stainless. The stock now cut off down pipes is to the right and the OE gold/copper color) run your eyes up to the area where you suddenly see two welds relatively close to each other as well as one of the exhaust cover mounting tabs held on with a hose clamp). This welded in "thing" is a mini cat. Or sure seems to mimic ones I've known to exist in the automotive world.
Screenshot 20220308 093218 Gallery
The other side:
Screenshot 20220308 093222 Gallery

Last edited:
Gents, I did just this on my E5 2021 as soon as I purchased it last fall. Simply cut the down pipes off at the weld to the cat and found an existing Y pipe out there (don't recall the brand but it was nice. Not sure it was GTM nice but was sufficient for my stock bike for now) The Y pipe was a bit short where it would join the headers or "down pipes" so I added a 1.5" stainless extension to the Y pipe of the same diamerter. I then swedged the header pipes, slit them so the Y pipes would slip into them, and then used some nice wide stainless clamps to hold it all together. Worked perfectly and as most have guessed, adds a bit of wonderful noticeable sound at idle and slow speeds but is lost to my ears as speed increases all of which means it is dang near perfect to this old man! BTW, and interestingly, there appear to be tiny little primary cats in the down pipes. Since I didn't remove them (IE break the mini cats or whatever they are out of the pipes) I don't know as fact that they are cats. However, since this is common in the auto world, I'll presume they are. As far as I can tell, the bike runs exactly the same as it did before but with that slightly better sound.
were you able to attach the side guards in their original position to the y pipe?

For those that are curious, here's the OEM Euro and US turn signals side-by-side for comparison:
View attachment 24449

IMHO, the Euro version is brighter, but a smaller point of light. Where the Euro version gets additional points in my book is when you are 90º perpendicular to the side - the Euro version is actually designed to cast light to the side, whereas the US version seems to mainly just cast light forward. Oh, and if you decide to do the swap, be sure to get some shorter 6mm screws, because the stalks on the US version are much longer, and if you use the same screw (which does work) it ends up being comically long and protrude out the back of the frame.

__Jason
Jason, thanks for this info. By chance do you have the Euro part number? I don't even know where to look. TY in advance.

Jason, thanks for this info. By chance do you have the Euro part number? I don't even know where to look. TY in advance.
Right-front/Left-rear = 2D000439
Left-front/Right-rear = 2D000438

In theory, any dealer should be able to get them for you, but if you search online you should be able to find them.

also... its not entirely obvious what the difference is between the left/right. To my eye, the Euro ones look the same on each side, but I'm not positive. On the big US version ones, it was always easy to tell because there was a notch (drain hole?) on the lens that should always be oriented to the bottom. In any case, there are the part numbers.

__Jason

OK, this is the very lame me (lame=lazy) asking if y'all know if the tank emblem is bolted on or held on with sticky?
20220329 111130
Next. Does anyone know the actual colors of this stripe? Both the red and the pewter/silver? I'm wanting to add some flavor and like these colors which is why I ask.
20220329 111135
Thanks in advance and no worries if this is no known. Cheers!

OK, this is the very lame me (lame=lazy) asking if y'all know if the tank emblem is bolted on or held on with sticky?
View attachment 24660
Next. Does anyone know the actual colors of this stripe? Both the red and the pewter/silver? I'm wanting to add some flavor and like these colors which is why I ask.
View attachment 24661
Thanks in advance and no worries if this is no known. Cheers!
Adhesive, and Guzzi has historically never given out paint codes or otherwise, especially for decals (which you are referring to). Best to take it to a paint shop and have them color match.

Back