Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Vancouver visit

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by Robert Gibson, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Looking to visit Vancouver next April, would appreciate any tip or suggestions for places to see or visit and ways of getting around the city. Have not yet looked at areas to stay or hotels, also looking at Seattle as a stop off or visiting for a couple of days. Any and all info would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Rob

2. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

The Metropolitan downtown is a nice hotel in a great location. The Edge restaurant has amazing flatbread pizza, and is only a few blocks from the hotel.

3. Marc Shapiro

Marc Shapiro Just got it firing!

If you are riding, the Sea to Sky highway up to Whistler is a beautiful ride. If you are riding up from Seattle look at riding up through the Cascades. Very much worth it. Once you're in Vancouver, International Motorsports is the best shop in town.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  4. Robert Gibson

Unfortunately not riding (bit far from Menorca), but thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

5. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I guess that trip's off then? Can't get out of Spain, Can't get into Canada.

6. Robert Gibson

Only postponed till the all clear siren is sounded. I believe the travel, tourism and airline companies will need our support when this is over.

Bill Hagan and Mayakovski like this.
  7. BrianR

BrianR Tuned and Synch'ed

Robert,
    Just let me know when you are in the Vancouver area and I can get you either a Stelvio (likely will be put together by then!) or a Griso to ride for a day or two and show you some of the roads around here if that suits your timetable. I'm serious, just let me know on this site and ride a bike for a few days. I live in Mission, about 60 kms up the Fraser valley from Vancouver, but its easy to get to. Hope to see you next year!

Bill Hagan and Mayakovski like this.
  8. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Nice, let me know when this is happening and I'll try and get myself and my Anniversario off the island and join you both for a day. Assuming I am not being too pushy. :)

Bill Hagan likes this.
  9. Robert Gibson

Thanks Brian, a very generous offer. We were initially looking to travel towards the end of April or early May 2021. That will allow us time to return home and prepare for Mandello, if all is well.
    This week here in Menorca we are entering a phased release from lockdown so hopefully some sense of normality will return although we do not envisage being allowed to leave the island until at least June (within the Balearics). As for further afield that remains in the balance at the moment, and at this time no notification has been given as to when tourists will be allowed to return to Spain.
    Stay safe.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  10. BrianR

Sounds good. If there are two of you then the Stelvio would be a better bet:)

11. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

off topic, but how many of us Guzzi riders are there in the Vancouverish area of BC?

maybe when the plague is sorted we can all get coffee

Mayakovski likes this.
  12. BrianR

The more the merrier.

Mayakovski likes this.
  13. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Totally up for that - keep me posted

Mayakovski likes this.