• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

VDST initial setup (cross posted to Wildguzzi)

guzziownr

Tuned and Synch'ed
Got my VDST gizmo from Todd at Guzzitech and did the preliminary set up:

It's up and running on my XP netbook with a usb to serial converter running on port 4.

The pictures below show the Griso in the grips of my Horrible Fright wheel chock. I plan to synch and reset the TPS for starters. If anyone would care to point me to the Muppet-level instruction set I would be most grateful.

DW
P2270114.jpg

P2270115.jpg

David, all of the KISS instructions live in the main section, pinned... see HERE.

Very interesting reading. I think I have enough info to Synch and reset the tps. I will keep you posted.

DW

Thanks to Todd and others on the forum for the simple instructions. The vacuum ports on the Griso are on the manifolds right by the heads. The hoses are held on by some quick release clamps that are much easier than regular hose clamps.

After setting up as seen below I turned on my massive fan, hooked up the carb sticks, chipped the yellow paint off the linkage and fired up the bike. The synch was so far off I thought there was something wrong with the sticks. A couple of twists of the linkage rod got things back in order.

With the synch done I used the VDST to reset the TPS and that was it.

A short ride showed the vast difference in smoothness from idle to 4500 RPM. I'll check it again after the 900 Mile service.

DW

DW,

The best way to get a sync is with a screw adjustment near the left TB. Changing the threaded rod is not a good idea. See page 176 of this file https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Manuals/Griso8V-SM.pdf in the bottom picture you see the yellow paint. It is on a screw that acts upon the linkage to obtain high speed sync. Much easier to make the adjustment with that screw.

Back