• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

VDSTS ???? cali 1100 i (96)

calicouk001

Just got it firing!
First of all id like to say hello at least, im curently rebuilding a 1100 i, its come from the coast out of some ones garage so have spent the last 2 weeks cleaning stuff up and breaking down.

Ive been working through things as this is my first guzzi, going through and making nice earths for the electrics and polishing up alot of aluminum.

Anyways, im taking my time with this build, electrics and earths first, which brings me to the ECU unit.

I understand the its limited, i see it has the black pig tail at the side for connecting a PC so i at least may Diagnose any issues or do a reset if i wish too.

What i id like to know is, options? i understand some people have this units rebuilt, that comes back with software and cable and..away you go tune up the injection ect, ect.

ive been reading about 1 guy in australia that does this.

So can anybody please start me out, im going to at least need to run diag on the bike so where can i get this VDSTS and cable or is there a better way of going about this, like a power comander or something?.

i know this may seem a little premature of me as i have plenty of stuff to be working through, yet the bik does actually run, just not to well. Ive all ready come across a busted air temp sensor and i belive the oil temp sensors gone to? i was getting a oil light on the dash( pre start up) that used to go out with the battery light upon start, this has now stopped comming on since i tryed to clean it with Electrical contact cleaner.

it may be just off as i disconected it and reconnected it and the ecu is not picking it up.

anyways, with out the VDSTS i have no place to start from.

if you can help, please do.

thanks

MIke. ;)

Mike,

Congrats on a Guzzi, they become an addiction.

As for diagnostics, there isn't much with the P8 ECU. VDSTS or Centurion S (single ECU version) does make things easier. You can purchase this at the Store tab above. About everything you need is in the P8 manual. If you have the shorting plug for the ECU connector you can read error codes from the LED mounted beside the ECU.

The rebuilt box is possible. This is the web site http://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/index.htm. However I have no experience with these units. You could check with Todd to see what he has available for the P8.

You are also lucky to have one of the best dealers in Houston, MPH cycles. They can help you as well.

Excellent, free software for monitoring the ECU parameters is available: Guzzidiag. (The California 1100i is supported; I had said Sport 1100i earlier by mistake.)

Here is the download page (for PC, Mac or Linux): von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

You'll need to spend $20 for cables, and may or may not have to fiddle with your setup to get it running.

Good luck.

Moto

do you think you could point me in the right direction for the cable?

I think maybe my ECU may not be stock, it has the black box on the right hand side that the pig tail comes from for the diag? is that stock for a p7 or p8, do you think you could ID it if i was to send you a picture?

thanks.

calicouk001 said:
do you think you could point me in the right direction for the cable?

I think maybe my ECU may not be stock, it has the black box on the right hand side that the pig tail comes from for the diag? is that stock for a p7 or p8, do you think you could ID it if i was to send you a picture?

thanks.

Hi.

I'll try to point the right direction, again. The site admin removed several parts of my previous message.

You should do a search for "Diagnosis Kit" and one for "GuzziDiag" on the wildguzzi forum. There is a lot to read, but it is worth it.

As for cables, search for these on Amazon:

"OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409" ($7.99)

"Elandpower OBD OBD2 16 Pin Connector Diagnostic Adapter for FIAT 3 Pin" ($9.70)

I bought exactly those items, and they work for my Griso 1100, at least. They are still available on Amazon today.

Sorry, I don't know about the appearance of the ECU on your bike, so can't help identify it.

As I said in the original previous posting, I don't know of any advantages of the VDSTS over GuzziDiag.

Moto

I can identify the ECU for you, sure. Post a picture.
I downloaded the Diag program myself to try. It took two rounds of cable purchases and a few weeks to get it to work. The cable types aren't always as advertised on Amazon, and only one type works. Additionally, the OBD to bike connector can come wired wrong. The U.I. is crude, but all of the functions are there/available as a drop down. The big benefit for most is it's free. Kudos to those involved... that's not an easy journey.
I am a dealer for the VDST (now Centurion available here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-11 ), and worthy of note is that it was the factory tool for over a decade. It's doesn't have a consumer U.I., but it works well once you understand it. Made for pro-sumers or professionals... plug and play. How-to/Q&A here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/160/1676

Back